PDA

View Full Version : When will sony sort it

wlmlb
17-05-2007, 16:50
When will the download of ps1 games for psp & ps3 go live.
I also wish they put in something so i could put my music on in game play.
I hate to say it but my xbox 360 is the better system. All the power of the ps3 and no way to use it. The online gameplay is only half baked when you look at xbox live. and when there's an update you have to quit the game or sometimes reboot the ps3.
We in the uk have also been ripped off the system is like half the price in the us and japan. and you can play your ps2 game.
Come on sony sort it out.

awibble
18-05-2007, 09:27
the 360 is a year older remember, so they have had a year longer to work on it.

As for half the price, you can blame a lot of that on UK tax, at one point a dell PC in the usa was $1000, and in the uk it was £1000, its just what happens when things get imported into the uk.

They still have some work to do, but we will see what happens when they have had the year to catch up.

You can play PS2 Games in the UK, thats not a usa only feature, its just software based instead of hardware based.

They will sort it, theres a reason why they have sold so many PS2's, although some people are anoyed at the moment, it will work out ok in the end.

Stuart
18-05-2007, 09:56
As for half the price, you can blame a lot of that on UK tax, at one point a dell PC in the usa was $1000, and in the uk it was £1000, its just what happens when things get imported into the uk.

Sorry, but that is bull. I used to be a Freight Forwarding agent (an agent in charge of the paperwork for imports/exports), and taxes, while they do add a little to the prices, do not account for the difference in prices charged.

awibble
18-05-2007, 11:25
Sorry, but dell did used to list products as i said, so did alienware, but it does look like they have changed that.

Although its not all tax, its not all down to sony as everyone makes out.

You will find it very hard to find anything that is the same price in the UK and the USA, espically when talking about electronics.

Some companies take the cost them selfs, but when there already taking a loss on the console, they wont want to take more.

I know i pay more for just about all electronic stuff than people in the USA do.

Damien
18-05-2007, 11:56
Yes but the Mark Up is a lot higher than normal. UK Tax isnt that high and the PS3 with tax should cost about £350. Then the usual markup is usually under 10%, so lets say £385. The PS3 is a £425. They should have charged £399, that would have still being higher than normal but at least its less. £425 is a stupidly high mark up.

Anyway awibble, I recall you saying lets see in April what the sales figures are like. They are pretty poor. Do you now concede that the PS3 is too expensive and is doing worse than the 360 week and week?

Stuart
18-05-2007, 12:45
Sorry, but dell did used to list products as i said, so did alienware, but it does look like they have changed that.

Although its not all tax, its not all down to sony as everyone makes out.

You will find it very hard to find anything that is the same price in the UK and the USA, espically when talking about electronics.

Some companies take the cost them selfs, but when there already taking a loss on the console, they wont want to take more.

I know i pay more for just about all electronic stuff than people in the USA do.

Didn't mean to put it so bluntly. I just get a little bored of companies trying to justify their extortionate UK prices by blaming taxes. I once saw (on daytime TV) an executive from Nike blaming the fact that a pair of trainers costing $110 in the US cost 110 pounds in the UK, when at the then exchange rates, it should have cost between 50 and 70 pounds, even taking into account shipping costs and taxes.

No, the PS3 price isn't only Sony's fault, but they do deserve a lot of the blame. Also, it isn't an exclusively Sony thing. All electronics companies do it, including Microsoft.

wlmlb
18-05-2007, 12:56
Didn't mean to put it so bluntly. I just get a little bored of companies trying to justify their extortionate UK prices by blaming taxes. I once saw (on daytime TV) an executive from Nike blaming the fact that a pair of trainers costing $110 in the US cost 110 pounds in the UK, when at the then exchange rates, it should have cost between 50 and 70 pounds, even taking into account shipping costs and taxes.

No, the PS3 price isn't only Sony's fault, but they do deserve a lot of the blame. Also, it isn't an exclusively Sony thing. All electronics companies do it, including Microsoft.

Sorry looks like i started a fight :angel:

all good points but thay can get playstation network with psp/ps3 downloads to work in the us and yes you can play ps1-2 games but not all as the us can. so we get half the system for more money NICE ONE SONY.

awibble
20-05-2007, 22:39
I havent had a problem with my PS2 games as of yet.

i think PSN will change a lot when the 3D reality thing is setup, as that will give a lot of the needed features.

icestar2
20-05-2007, 23:06
There adding more and more support for PS2 games each time they release a firmware update. Most PS2's do run fine though from what I have seen.

To orginal poster - My bet is that we will see the stuff your talking about once the home system is released. Or maybe just before to keep us going until Home is released.

Gareth
21-05-2007, 00:22
Yes but the Mark Up is a lot higher than normal. UK Tax isnt that high and the PS3 with tax should cost about £350. Then the usual markup is usually under 10%, so lets say £385. The PS3 is a £425. They should have charged £399, that would have still being higher than normal but at least its less. £425 is a stupidly high mark up.I think I've made my feelings on the PS3's price tag pretty clear in the past - at least for those who don't need/want a BluRay player - but I've been seeing lots of online places selling them cheaply these days.

Just saw this posted on another forum...

http://www.dvd.co.uk/product_PSP360GB.asp?PURL=dvddeals.at/pricetracker&PURL=dvddeals.at/hotukdeals&P36=5G6EZA&CID=0&CTY=8

RRP: £424.95
Our Price: £379.99 (€554.79)
You Save: £44.96 (11%)
£379.99 INCLUDES UK DELIVERY

If anyone is interested in getting one, you should sign-up for Quidco, as you'd get an extra 5% discount off this price, taking it down to £360, which isn't a bad price at all, imo.