PDA

View Full Version : Has Virgin blocked BF2142?

kristoficus
15-05-2007, 22:42
All day today I have not been able to play BF2142. This morning I wasnt worried since it was the weekly maintenance window, but its now 10pm and I still cant get playin'. Get to the login screen and after entering my details it just keeps on that screen.

Everything else works - websites, other games (black hawk down), torrents...

Anyone else?

skyblueheroes
15-05-2007, 22:44
I've been having issues too. Works sometimes and not others. I'm on ADSL though so perhaps its EA's end.

janipewter
15-05-2007, 22:47
Maybe it's just a problem with EA's account server?

kristoficus
15-05-2007, 22:49
I thought that - but i got a friend to test it and he says its fine for him (He's with BE). Few folk on IRC too - works for them.

janipewter
15-05-2007, 22:52
Could just be a connectivity issue between VM and EA. I've been playing BF2 this evening fine and I assume BF2142 uses a similar port range. I wouldn't expect that they've gone out of their way to block all BF2142 traffic, especially since their biggest broadband package is aimed at large downloaders and gamers.

kristoficus
15-05-2007, 22:54
Yeah, bit harsh of me to blame Virgin from the offset, but they are having so many problems its hard not to suspect them as the main cause of any sort of connection issues.

Gypo
15-05-2007, 23:01
Mine is fine

blade85
16-05-2007, 00:01
running great here, pings around the 20 range as always :)

whats ur ID? might add you on my buddy list so that we can check if the servers go down again :P

AmAtoL
16-05-2007, 21:16
I know this probably won't be the fault of VM, but last night after a CTD while playing BF2142, the game just froze solid and I was unable to do anything with it except do a hard reset of the comp.
Subsequent tries at getting back into the server failed at the loading map screen, each time with the cpu working at 100% :shocked: I never got back on last night.
If anybody is interested my soldier name is the same as on here, and I can usually be found on the BFB Infantry Conquest server after 9.30 ish . I don't do Titan maps ;)

blade85
16-05-2007, 21:26
eh i dont think thats a VM fault :erm:

skyblueheroes
16-05-2007, 22:17
I'm getting similar thing. Wonder if its EA account servers dropping connection or my specs which are causing problems. Its never ran smoothly on my PC.

Upgrading soon so will try then.

andyr2005
17-05-2007, 20:54
Hi,

Just so you know, I believe you posted this on Tuesday morning, and instead of checking at EA themeselves, decided to blame the situation on Virgin, though I can't say I blame you for that.

But EA do clearly state here (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14222&p_created=1161619392&p_sid=fGlzPPBi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MzgmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFpbnRlbmFuY 2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1) that EA Master Server Maintenance is scheduled for mid morning to after noon times.

That is more than likely the reason for the issues you are having.

Bill C
17-05-2007, 21:05
Hi,

Just so you know, I believe you posted this on Tuesday morning, and instead of checking at EA themeselves, decided to blame the situation on Virgin, though I can't say I blame you for that.

But EA do clearly state here (http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14222&p_created=1161619392&p_sid=fGlzPPBi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MzgmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bWFpbnRlbmFuY 2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1) that EA Master Server Maintenance is scheduled for mid morning to after noon times.

That is more than likely the reason for the issues you are having.

According to some its always Virgin :)

Bonglet
18-05-2007, 12:23
Same thing for us wow players also the technical support forums are swamped by people unable to play it during the peak times (same times as the supposed traffic sharing kicks in funny enough) and big lag spikes during the day on and off with disconnections all virgin media customers funny eh.

After being a telewest subscriber for over 5 years now i have to say it all started after this virgin rebranding but past 2 weeks are lolable, im not going to jump ship just yet as so many are doing im waiting to see what this rollout of 20mb does to my area (newcastle) if it dosent improve drastically im off and i know a good few others will be going too.

If Virgin spent less dosh promoting there crap tv and phone packages and played to there strength which WAS broadband and either invested development in speed issues or even lol customer support, word of mouth and customer satisfaction sells more broadband than any crappy advertising campaign ever could.

Note to all virgin media employies that troll this site send a memo or talk to those higher than you about the complaints that you are noticing and tell them to move there ass quickly or you wont have a job left come next year.

kristoficus
18-05-2007, 13:43
If you had read my original post and checked the time, you would have noticed i posted this after 10pm. With the EA maintenance times it works out that the maintenance starts around 9am and ends about 12noon.