PDA

View Full Version : No Connection

Gordon_30
15-05-2007, 09:29
I live in warwickshire

CV12 area to be exact and there has been no service for me for about 4 days just on the modem the d/s light keeps blinking thats all

and brief flurries of rdy and sync lights but not lasting

is there a specific problem in my area or am I on my own with these problems

and before i contact tech support are there any other reasons that could be causing this as i dont wont to bother them if i do not need to

i am in a public library so a response within 30 mins would be appreciated as my connection is still off at home

dcclanuk
15-05-2007, 09:41
Since u want a quick response I will try and help, BUT i am no expert:rolleyes:

I dont think that its ur fault, since the ready/sync lights are if ur connected to ur UBR or watever u connect to, to use the internet. What I mean is that when i had ADSL, when my ready light started flashing, it was usually something to do with BT/myexchange [owned by BT]which had a problem. So basically i dont think its ur fault, but Virgin Media's, so yes, call Tech Support [151 from ur VM phone if u have one and if thats NOT BROKEN too lol...]

Gordon_30
17-05-2007, 11:49
I don't have virgin phone service only bt and am not wasting my time been charged for tech support to tell me everything ok

there has been no change in the 2 days I have been away from the library which is where i am now

besides i dont know my mac address because of the label worn away about 2 yrs back so have no way of telling them the info they might need

just waiting and praying it sorts itself on its own