PDA

View Full Version : Do you pay for installation?

TeessideKeith
14-05-2007, 22:25
Getting mine in in a month, They didnt say about installation though

Nedkelly
15-05-2007, 07:14
:) New installs are free i dont think they will ever charge for them but you never know

Motorman
15-05-2007, 09:00
everyone has to pay £25 now ned.
This is for xsell as well as new customer sales.

install fee has been charged for a few months now

Paul K
15-05-2007, 09:16
Unless you self install as far as I know

Rapid Dr3am
15-05-2007, 10:36
Sign up online and pay £15 better than having the stuff and messing about yourself.

fixerman
15-05-2007, 15:02
everyone has to pay £25 now ned.
This is for xsell as well as new customer sales.

install fee has been charged for a few months now

I don't think existing customers who are upgrading are charged. At least I did not have to pay a charge.:)

Paul K
15-05-2007, 17:40
They are all being charged now, they just told us it's going to cost £25 for us to have the TV package installed, we can't self install as the original installer that fitted the BB line a number of years ago did nothing more than poke the coax through the wall and run it right round to the PC.

zaax
29-05-2007, 23:33
They are all being charged now, they just told us it's going to cost £25 for us to have the TV package installed, we can't self install as the original installer that fitted the BB line a number of years ago did nothing more than poke the coax through the wall and run it right round to the PC.

Same with me. They wanted £25 to install. Bugger that I'll continue running the bedroom TV off the 2nd RF out on the back of the Digibox

Slyder
30-05-2007, 19:21
Do you pay for installation?

Depends if VM can be arsed to charge you truth be known.

I know of 2 couples who live near me that recently had VM services installed. 1 was charged £25 and the other couple was told no fee on new installs. To date they have not been charged.

jcuk
03-06-2007, 17:59
install fee's have been very vague throughout customer call centres recently. heres a simple breakdown.

New Customers Installing 1,2 or 3 services - £25.00
V+ Install - £150.00 XL Customers Free per month thereafter, L Customers £5 per month thereafter regardless of keeping existing box (AS FAR AS I KNOW)
Existing customers taking on 2nd or 3rd services - £25.00
Self Install of any service - Free

NOTE:

Old V+ Install fee's were as follows...

V+ Install keeping existing Digital STB for extra £5 per month - £25.00
V+ Install not keeping existing Digital STB - £75.00

£15.00 per month v+ subscription for tv size L customers.
£10.00 per month v+ subscription for tv size XL customers.

Any current customers on either of the older plans, i.e. 15.00 or 10.00 per month can pay an upfront fee of £100.00 when they call, to go onto the new v+ plan. The charge itself will appear on your next bill, but it must be paid by card upfront on the phone.

joglynne
04-06-2007, 00:48
install fee's have been very vague throughout customer call centres recently. heres a simple breakdown. >snip<

Any current customers on either of the older plans, i.e. 15.00 or 10.00 per month can pay an upfront fee of £100.00 when they call, to go onto the new v+ plan. The charge itself will appear on your next bill, but it must be paid by card upfront on the phone.

I phoned CS yesterday (Saturday) and arranged to pay the £100.00 service charge. I asked if I had to pay it 'up front' and was informed that the payment would be requested from my bank with next months normal DD. Guess I had better check in veiw of what you say above. I don't want to delay paying and be charged another months rental.

Euromancer
04-06-2007, 04:50
I am just into the end of my 2nd month into upgrade from just BB to BB, TV(1V STB + 2V+STB) and BT to VM Phone port and have not been charged for install so far.

Ernie_C
04-06-2007, 10:05
The charge itself will appear on your next bill, but it must be paid by card upfront on the phone.
What do you mean by this? I paid up front by card. Do you simply mean that there will be a line item on the bill that acknowledges the fact that the £100 service charge has been paid?

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

I phoned CS yesterday (Saturday) and arranged to pay the £100.00 service charge. I asked if I had to pay it 'up front' and was informed that the payment would be requested from my bank with next months normal DD. Guess I had better check in veiw of what you say above. I don't want to delay paying and be charged another months rental.
Just make sure, joglynne, that you get your V+ £10 charge creditted for all payments or bills from 2 June, the date you committed to pay the £100 service charge. I was not offered the opportunity to have the £100 collected by my DD. (but then the CS rep hadn't even heard of the deal before I told her!)

Check your next and following bill carefully.

joglynne
04-06-2007, 11:27
What do you mean by this? I paid up front by card. Do you simply mean that there will be a line item on the bill that acknowledges the fact that the £100 service charge has been paid?

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------
Confirmed this morning. Payment of the £100.00 will be shown as an amount out standing and as a cancelling credit on the next bill. Don't you just love the way Virgin's billing system takes the most torturous route imaginable.:D

Just make sure, joglynne, that you get your V+ £10 charge credited for all payments or bills from 2 June, the date you committed to pay the £100 service charge. I was not offered the opportunity to have the £100 collected by my DD. (but then the CS rep hadn't even heard of the deal before I told her!)

Check your next and following bill carefully.

Rather than wait till next month I have just phoned Virgin. They confirmed that the service charge of £100.00 must be paid upfront and that at the moment they have no facility to add it to our DD's. Made the payment to-day which should ensure that I don't get charged for the V+ for a further month. (Still going to check carefully though https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/32.gif)

Forgot to clarify what other methods of payment other than debit card could be used, maybe the next person on this thread that takes up the Service charge option could ask.