PDA

View Full Version : UK based broadband support team

m044bz00
13-05-2007, 09:10
Could someone please advise me what the best time to call the BB support line is that will enable me to speak to someone in the UK about my problem.

I haVE NOW BEEN PHONING FOR 3 WEEKS, CONTINUALLY GET iNDIA, CONTINUALLY GET TAKEN THROUGH VARIOUS SCRIPTS AND TESTS, AND THEN CONTINUALLY GET TOLD TO WAIT A FEW DAYS AND SEE HOW IT GOES

(bUGGER THIS CAPS LOCK :mad:)

I've spoken to line managers and the best they have said is there is a fault in my area - I've been telling them that for weeks. He then said he had no idea what the problem was, when it would be fixed and asked me to .....give it a few days!!!

There has been absolutely NOTHING on the service status page about the issues in Stoke so at the moment that's my first aim to get that page updated because until I actually see something in writing I don't believe a single word I'm being told on the phone

So can anyone advise as to how to speak to UK broadband support please?

Thanks

Paul K
13-05-2007, 09:21
If Vm are anything like BT there is always a percentage of calls going to outsourced centers, at certain times of the day the percentage increases due to demand. I would think first thing in the morning is the safest bet due to time zones

m044bz00
13-05-2007, 10:40
To be honest I've tried all times of the day and night, maybe just been unlucky - I'll give them another go tomorrow around 8am

Doofy
13-05-2007, 11:19
I usually call cs and asked to be put through to a tech in this country although i have never been guaranteed they can 95% of the time they manage it for me.

m044bz00
13-05-2007, 12:44
Just been told they can not put me through to a UK techy but if I call back tomorrow they can put me through to CS who MAY be able to put me through to a UK techy

DieDieMyDarling
13-05-2007, 14:26
When i call i hang up if it's not a british accent. Sooner or later you get what you want.

dev
13-05-2007, 14:56
There has been absolutely NOTHING on the service status page about the issues in Stoke so at the moment that's my first aim to get that page updated because until I actually see something in writing I don't believe a single word I'm being told on the phone

So can anyone advise as to how to speak to UK broadband support please?

Thanks

i remember reading somewhere that things on the status page are only added if they affect a certain number of customers, so if it's only a local issue it wont go up there. I've had local outages which haven't appeared on there so it is entirely possible for problems to occur without going up on there

m044bz00
13-05-2007, 15:07
i remember reading somewhere that things on the status page are only added if they affect a certain number of customers, so if it's only a local issue it wont go up there. I've had local outages which haven't appeared on there so it is entirely possible for problems to occur without going up on there
From comments yesterday by a BB support manager they only admitted to there being a fault on the 9th some 3 weeks plus from when it first occurred with a fix date of Midnight on the 10th, he noted it had not been completed but was also unable to say what was up or when it would be completed

The Telewest Bluyonder page seems to be like a more accurate guide to their current faults, but it looks like their network is terrible because of the large number of issues :- http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html shows over 40 Broadband issues for May alone and none of those instances are maintainence

Whereas, at first glance, the NTL network looks to be faultless, simply because they hardly ever enter faults on to it :- http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus as it shows just 4 BB issues for May across the country and two of them are planned maintainence

bw41101
13-05-2007, 15:11
To those who have commented upon overseas call centers. On the occasion that I've had to contact customer or technical support. I've noticed (just) before I've been connected to (to what turns out to be) an overseas operator, an unusual (and distinctive sounding) ring tone.

Now if I have to contact customer services again and hear the ring tone I hang up and try again. So no unusual ring tone - British services.;) Don't misunderstand me I've nothing against overseas call centers but (I can't help feeling) that (on occasion) they don't have access to the same resources as someone based within the UK - especially when it comes to troubleshooting.

Si thee

r00t
13-05-2007, 15:25
Call CS and ask if you can get a English tech call back.
It's worth a try :)

annoyance
13-05-2007, 15:37
Instead of calling use the newsgroup.

blueyonder.support.access.hi-speed

Tech support is British and fast to respond on the news group.

taylorig
13-05-2007, 15:54
This is how good the service of VM is now.

So the other week i get a call off my girlfriend saying we had lost BB and TV service. Nothing i could do as i was working away at the time. Said i'd give them a bell when i got home later that evening.

Now being an ex Telewest engineer i can usually work things out for myself. And it looked like to me that my cable had been either damaged or disconnected at the DP This was confirmed after speaking with one of my neighbours who told me there had been an engineer in the DP that morning.

So i ring CS. Explained that i'm getting no connection at all on either my modem or STB. Then the guy say's who i'm talking to he's going to check everything from his end. Comes back on and tells me everything's fine :confused:. How the hell can he say he's connected to my equipment when it's not even connected. These people do my head in and try to fob everyone off :mad:. Anyway at this point i tell him i would like an engineer out asap. To which i then get told it will be over a week off. lol Yeah right!

So i book the engineer. Then get my cabinet keys out and wander off to the cab. Open the cab and which cable do i see straight away just dangling there. Thats right. Mine. 2 mins later i'm back at home checking my signal levels which are better than they've ever been. :D

Oh and the engineer still came out a week later to which i told him i'd cancelled the call (Which i hadn't) They mess me around. I'll do the same back :)

So thats how good CS is. No matter if it's in th UK or not. They are just as bad and haven't got a clue what they are on about. And they lie all the time to customers :dozey:

smooth-criminal
13-05-2007, 16:12
Haha well done taylorig! it proves the fact that if you can't get something done properly, do it yourself! it's the only way!

taylorig
13-05-2007, 16:19
Haha well done taylorig! it proves the fact that if you can't get something done properly, do it yourself! it's the only way!

Well yes. It's a bit naughty but what the hell. If i get lied to by CS that they can connect to my equipment when it's not even connected to their network just gets me plain annoyed. And having to wait a week for a engineer to come out just to screw my cable back in to the DP is just stupid.

Not the first and wont be the last time i do something like this. I'm allways fixing my nieghbours faults for them. I can get them up and running before VM have even thought about it. Unless of course it's the equipment thats actually at fault.

annoyance
13-05-2007, 16:23
Taylorig. I have a favour to ask.

Could you apply for a job with VM. Maybe then something will get done. ;)

taylorig
13-05-2007, 16:25
Taylorig. I have a favour to ask.

Could you apply for a job with VM. Maybe then something will get done. ;)

Lmao. They couldn't pay me enough ;)

Rik
13-05-2007, 16:41
This is how good the service of VM is now.

So the other week i get a call off my girlfriend saying we had lost BB and TV service. Nothing i could do as i was working away at the time. Said i'd give them a bell when i got home later that evening.

Now being an ex Telewest engineer i can usually work things out for myself. And it looked like to me that my cable had been either damaged or disconnected at the DP This was confirmed after speaking with one of my neighbours who told me there had been an engineer in the DP that morning.

So i ring CS. Explained that i'm getting no connection at all on either my modem or STB. Then the guy say's who i'm talking to he's going to check everything from his end. Comes back on and tells me everything's fine :confused:. How the hell can he say he's connected to my equipment when it's not even connected. These people do my head in and try to fob everyone off :mad:. Anyway at this point i tell him i would like an engineer out asap. To which i then get told it will be over a week off. lol Yeah right!

So i book the engineer. Then get my cabinet keys out and wander off to the cab. Open the cab and which cable do i see straight away just dangling there. Thats right. Mine. 2 mins later i'm back at home checking my signal levels which are better than they've ever been. :D

Oh and the engineer still came out a week later to which i told him i'd cancelled the call (Which i hadn't) They mess me around. I'll do the same back :)

So thats how good CS is. No matter if it's in th UK or not. They are just as bad and haven't got a clue what they are on about. And they lie all the time to customers :dozey:

Thats priceless.

Well done mate, if I get any problems ill PM you to borrow your key!! :D

Nedkelly
13-05-2007, 16:44
Well done i bet the tech liked that job :tu: How many times does this happen across the company i wonder :D