PDA

View Full Version : Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet

domo247
12-05-2007, 22:51
Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet (still in the same village)

Have recently moved house was on the 2Mb but have now upgraded to 10Mb VIP.

But I am getting d/l speeds of around 3.9Mb!? sorry make that between 2 and 3.9 Mb

Any possible reasons or do I need to maybe remind Virgin they should have upgraded my broadband?

We are being billed since we have changed to VIP and have channels we never use to have.
Cheers

hairy_mick
12-05-2007, 23:01
Hi and welcome to nthellworld when i upgraded to 10 meg i had to ring up because of slow speed still on 4meg and found out that my modem was on old address which i had moved from 5 years ago a call to customer service i think.

on in an hour!
12-05-2007, 23:02
Moved house, transferred and upgrade but very slow internet (still in the same village)

Have recently moved house was on the 2Mb but have now upgraded to 10Mb VIP.

But I am getting d/l speeds of around 3.9Mb!? sorry make that between 2 and 3.9 Mb

Any possible reasons or do I need to maybe remind Virgin they should have upgraded my broadband?

We are being billed since we have changed to VIP and have channels we never use to have.
Cheers
suggest you visit the traffic shaping threads domo,the answer to all your problems...or maybe not :shocked:

m044bz00
12-05-2007, 23:09
Hi Domo247

Maybe a visit here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33613542-seriously-crap-speeds-10mb-in-derby.html?highlight=Derby) may be linked to your problems, maybe worth a post to see if others are still haveing the same problems

Regards