PDA

View Full Version : Instalation Today

arian74
12-05-2007, 07:42
I allready have broadband (2mb) and phone at the moment and phone with Virgin (ex NTL teeside) and today I am having a V+ box and a second normal box installed upstairs and upgraded to the VIP pack.

I have a terayon Modem so i called sales and they said they would add a note for the engineer to bring out a new cable modem.

Is there anything I can check after instalation before the engineer leaves that will imply that everything is going to work ok? Or does it take several hours after the engineers been for the services to be started.

On swapping the cable modem do I just phone broaband support and give them the new mac address?

Thanks

Adrian

Nedkelly
12-05-2007, 07:57
Hi first of all Good luck .Make sure the tech explains what is going to happen ie where he will run the cabels .Dont let them fob you off with a well if you have it there it will make my job esay.OK the modem he should if he has got it on his work order change the modem then call up to get it reg on your acct.DO NOT let him give you a disc and say there you go reg the the modem as you have a active acct for bb and you will not be able to reg another service.One thing you can do is to get on the phone at 8 to confirm that this is on the notes before he turns up as thet will contact dispatch to make sure he can do this .The tv Service is straight forword .At the moment ther are no delays on the hits so you should see your programmes with in 10 mins .Ask him what the hit delay i when he arrives .Good luck :tu:

arian74
12-05-2007, 08:16
Well the engineer phoned about 10 minutes ago said he'd be here between 9:30 and 10. I asked about the modem and he said that it is on his sheet and he has got one with him.

Halcyon
12-05-2007, 10:24
:welcome: to the forums by the way.

I hope all goes to plan for you. :tu:

arian74
12-05-2007, 11:31
Thanks,

Well the engineer came and installed the V+ box and the second box upstairs all working ok.

However he said that he did not have an actual work order for the modem so if he swapped it over with my terayon modem it would mean that i would not be able to get broadband. He said he was in the local area all day and if a work order comes through he will drop it off.

Before the installation today i was on 2 mb broadband and now i am meant to be on 10, how long does this normally take ? can the terayon modem actually do 10 mb or should i just phone the broadband line and ask about this?

Paul H
12-05-2007, 13:42
Before the installation today i was on 2 mb broadband and now i am meant to be on 10, how long does this normally take ? can the terayon modem actually do 10 mb or should i just phone the broadband line and ask about this?

The Terayon TJ210 won't do 10Mb. and as the 10Mb will be 20Mb soon, then it will need changing anyway even if it did.

Nedkelly
12-05-2007, 15:29
I wonder if the tech has gone back ?:)

smooth-criminal
13-05-2007, 15:42
guess not :P