PDA

View Full Version : Installation Woes.. Help Needed Please

Dominic_Hodgson
11-05-2007, 13:43
So i've been with NTL for a while and have just moved house, it was way too much hassle to move over the contracts so I just started a new one, ordered it last week, arrived this morning..

Two blokes turn up, inspect the job and start work, one of them (who i'm having a chat with) says he's only been with the company for about 2 weeks, he starts drilling then goes "Oh! S***" my flat is on the top floor and is an extension, in his drilling he didn't notice this and hit the roof.

he just drilled another one and fed the cable through that one, I asked him if he was going to fill that hole up, he said no, he has nothing in the van for it.

I explained about the fact that I'm in a flat and my landlord who had already rang up about the work would hold my deposit if it was left like that... he just shrugged..

So they gave me a modem and telephoned through only to find that that modem was already registered to someone's house, so they swapped it for another modem, only to find THAT was registered to someone's house, so I'm not sure what happened but I got the 2nd modem and off they went.

I put the CD into my laptop and It wouldn't work, sometimes my laptop has trouble with cd's so I thought thats no problem sometimes it happens, so I look on the website for ways to install without the CD, nothing... the only thing i've been able to find is that people are able to plug the Ethernet cable straight in and connect (thats even what the instruction manual says to do for the MAC) but that doesn't work for me and I have this min number they've sent to me 3 times..

So i move the CD onto my backup computer, go through the installation process and it stops at the connection activation server, it just says it cannot connect (i've tried it several times) so I copy all the cd onto a USB key and move it back onto my laptop, and that hangs with an error of 00.03.30.0188 , I have no home phone so I cannot contact Virgin Media.

I'm feeling pretty screwed at the moment and annoyed with the installation.

Any Advice Guys?

ahardie
11-05-2007, 17:09
Dominic, is this (https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/candy) site any help?

Dominic_Hodgson
11-05-2007, 23:02
It did indeed, however it took a 30 minute phone call to tech support because it turns out the modem was registered to someone else!

Last thing of the day I have to sort out is the fact I ordered 10meg, I get 2 meg, tech support has me down for 2 meg but billing has me down for 10meg?