PDA

View Full Version : southwest(newton abbot area) speed improvement,but not 20mb yet

mark1979
10-05-2007, 16:00
im in the southwest(newton abbot area) former teleswest and lately my speeds have been so much considerably stronger.

i always used to average between 7-8mb on my 10mb connection but the last few days ive been pushing 10mb permanently

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/05/131.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

i use my connection alot(and i mean ALOT) i wonder if because im where i am with no real big cities around is why the speeds are always good and reliable?

im waiting for the 20mb increase to see if it is as stable then though,i realy hope so,but very much doubt it :rolleyes:

Tawton9
10-05-2007, 17:09
Whats weird with my connection is...Cardiff havent been upgraded but when i download i see 2.4MB/s download for like 2-3 seconds then it drops to 1.5/1.6mb/s(So im getting over 10mb)

mark1979
10-05-2007, 18:42
this is the 1st time right now that i have experianced a reduction in speed,from about an hour ago i connection speed has dropped way below 1mb

please hope this isnt the beginning of the end

EYEZ
11-05-2007, 08:27
Mine is only good after 2 am and before 9 am : )

Otherwise ......... Big Pants of a Connection !!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/05/115.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

ShaneC
11-05-2007, 09:45
I'm in Torbay get my 2mb 24/7. My friend in Newton Abbot is on 10mb and he can get 10mb 24/7 as well, always have been able to.

EYEZ
11-05-2007, 09:59
From wat i know UBR.Newton Abbot is one of the Worst on the Network. :erm::erm:

Newton Abbot, which feeds Plymouth, was built in a different way from most
of the VM network-this was due to the fact that it was run by a company
named Eurobell, which TW took over some years back.
It's not a bad way, in fact some of it was ahead of its time, but the fact
it uses a special form of fibre transport (DWDM) to transport the broadband
traffic to Plymouth, means special equipment has to be sourced to perform
the upgrades-hence the delay.
I can only apoligise but I know the headend and network guys, assisted by
the various support groups are trying to get it completed as soon as
possible

Posted on Newsgroups .. !!

EYEZ
11-05-2007, 14:28
Newton Abbott upgrades will happen around about the 21st August.
Also mentioned that Exeter was going to be done 1st !! ( wont go in to why )

mark1979
11-05-2007, 16:49
Newton Abbott upgrades will happen around about the 21st August.
Also mentioned that Exeter was going to be done 1st !! ( wont go in to why )

where did you get that info from? 21st of august!!!! my next bill is £37 which should mean 20mb is very close,and if its not going ahead until the date you said,it would be breach of contract surely if im paying for a service im not receiving

EYEZ
11-05-2007, 18:04
Hi Mark .............. : ) I had a Phone Call from Someone in VM (not CS).
He was from the Analyst Dept,and he explaind to me why the delay in the upgrades to the UBR.Newton Abbot.
He told me Something about the Hardware was ordered and when it arrived,it wasnt man-enuff to do the job.
Which is why they have had to re-order the Equipment,and that Hopefully it wont slip by much around about the 21st August :tu: (which is understandable)
Exeter will being Done 1st !!

Hopefully this date he gave me is correct. !! :cool: :cool:

Hope this has helped u Mark
Cheerz
Ross :tu:

mark1979
12-05-2007, 11:28
Hi Mark .............. : ) I had a Phone Call from Someone in VM (not CS).
He was from the Analyst Dept,and he explaind to me why the delay in the upgrades to the UBR.Newton Abbot.
He told me Something about the Hardware was ordered and when it arrived,it wasnt man-enuff to do the job.
Which is why they have had to re-order the Equipment,and that Hopefully it wont slip by much around about the 21st August :tu: (which is understandable)
Exeter will being Done 1st !!

Hopefully this date he gave me is correct. !! :cool: :cool:

Hope this has helped u Mark
Cheerz
Ross :tu:

hi there ross

its typical,everything down here is always last to be done. i will have to ring VM CS now to get them to explain why my next bill is going to be £37 for my 10Mb service :confused:

this equipment wasnt man enuff? is that because we have that eurobell stuff?

Rik
12-05-2007, 12:03
i will have to ring VM CS now to get them to explain why my next bill is going to be £37 for my 10Mb service :confused:

As people have explained 100s of times before, the price increase is for your 10MB Service.

NOT a 20MB UPGRADE! :shocked:

mark1979
13-05-2007, 14:43
As people have explained 100s of times before, the price increase is for your 10MB Service.

NOT a 20MB UPGRADE! :shocked:

my bad!!!

£37 for 10mb,lucky that my connection is strong for that price :D