PDA

View Full Version : Awful Speed's

djgazzabhoy
09-05-2007, 21:49
Can someone please explain to me why between 5pm - 11pm 'ish' , i only get like 100kb's or even lower on a 10mbit line!?! , it has only been happening since VM tookover.

when it ain't between 5-11 i seem to max my connection out.

I think i am gonna give them a phone tomorrow , and give them a piece of my mind:mad:

Gypo
09-05-2007, 23:18
Traffic Management probably, comes into effect from around 4pm til midnight'ish

Sirpingalot
09-05-2007, 23:21
I honestly do bloody well hope this is all just due to the network infrastructure being upgraded and that it wont last a long time.

Gypo
09-05-2007, 23:30
Well it's coming upto 6 days of sub 1mb speeds and quite a few weeks of very poor connections.

VM do have alot of network upgrades scheduled but i suspect something has gone wrong when they implemented the STM and 20mb upgrades.

Sirpingalot
09-05-2007, 23:50
Hope it gets fixed soon.

annoyance
10-05-2007, 02:09
I recently upgraded from 4mb package (with absolutely no speed issues at all) to the 10mb service. The speed has been awful, even during none peak hours the speeds are slow.

Since the traffic shaping only steps in if you download over 3gig, there is no reason why I should be getting such terrible speeds. All I have done today is view web pages and take the occasional speed test.

I'm guessing VM have made a balls up somewhere with their traffic management/upgrades. I sent them an email, but unless it persists I won't both calling customer service to talk to someone who probably doesn't know where England is. :rolleyes:

I'll gut it out for now, but since I do have Sky the temptation to switch to their Free 2mb package or the up to 8mb for £5 is strong. At the very least I may try downgrading back to 4mb in a couple of months if I am still not satisfied. I've had more problems with VM in the past week than the 2years that I was with Blueyonder. :Yikes:

/rant