PDA

View Full Version : VM - The Rise of the Leechers

supercyber
09-05-2007, 19:53
lol k this is my revenge attack on VM, since i am not throttle yet plus i am on the 10Mb.

i just installed flashget and lined up about 50 different linux distros ( the dvd versions). going to be downloading 24/7, on full spped utill the day i get throttled. they can do what ever they want to do to me lol.

come on everyone join me.

just for the ppl wondering i lined up over 450 gigs in queue, whell that should take 4 days to complete lol, i need to search 4 more distros, of course i can just keep downloading the same ones. plus i need to fill the dam spacei got.

come on ppl join me. show VM what unlimited really means and stop messing with us or else.

plus i am happy i found a good use for the pentium 3 i had in stacked up lol

edit:

now !TB reached, not just distros, thought i go for some usefull stuff as well, hope the da encrptyion is good.

kar
09-05-2007, 19:56
I think it is that sort of mindless network usage that got us to this point :(

Doing what you say actually reinforces to VM that the action they took was necessary.

slimz
09-05-2007, 19:56
sad...

Doofy
09-05-2007, 19:57
Very very sad think someone needs to get out a little more.. Mind you the other post you made was only 35 distros, ah well thats progress for you... Mind you i don't usually feed the ....... nah i won't say it

dcclanuk
09-05-2007, 19:57
lol, I hope u dont live in my area....;)

AntiSilence
09-05-2007, 19:59
There isn't 450Gb of stuff I want. I certainly don't want 50 versions of Linux (I don't even want one!).

I hope you don't live on my street.

RXP
09-05-2007, 20:00
God, your incredibly pathetic. Grow up.

supercyber
09-05-2007, 20:01
Very very sad think someone needs to get out a little more..

actually setting this took me lees than 10 mins, just need to know u way around thats all.

i am not a geek or nerd or anythink, but i am very angery with the limit.

as far as i see it, i am NOT doing anythink wrong. just using my share of BW. thats all.

Raistlin
Wow, that'll show 'em.....

.....or give them more ammunition to justify throttling.....

Sirpingalot
MAX I've downloaded in this previous month must only be about 10 GIG. Nothing at all really. I don't download much and I want to keep it that way, for the sake of throttling. It's all gaming for me :P

alferret
09-05-2007, 20:03
lol k this is my revenge attack on VM, since i am not throttle yet plus i am on the 10Mb.

i just installed flashget and lined up about 50 different linux distros ( the dvd versions). going to be downloading 24/7, on full spped utill the day i get throttled. they can do what ever they want to do to me lol.

just for the ppl wondering i lined up over 450 gigs in queue, whell that should take 4 days to complete lol, i need to search 4 more distros, of course i can just keep downloading the same ones. plus i need to fill the dam spacei got.

come on ppl join me. show VM what unlimited really means and stop messing with us or else.

You really are a [Mod edit (Gavin): Inappropriate comment removed] supercyber

God you make me laugh. GROW UP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:dunce:

Sirpingalot
09-05-2007, 20:05
"Oh I know, let's download craploads after they've imposed throttling as a result of us downloading too much in the first place"

>.<

Please don't.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

My hard drive is only 80 GB anyway xD

JamShady
09-05-2007, 20:05
Dumbest idea ever....

kryogenik
09-05-2007, 20:06
Grow up dude. You're achieving absolutely nothing but making your connection crap and causing more hassle for everyone.

punky
09-05-2007, 20:11

So let me get this straight....Your willing to deliberate rack up all the server's bandwdth bills that are hosting your Linux DVDs, saturate everyone's VM connections in your local area, and just waste bandwidth because of a petty bit of revenge against VM because you don't agree with their service policy? :td: :rolleyes: :afire:

supercyber
09-05-2007, 20:15
So let me get this straight....Your willing to deliberate rack up all the server's bandwdth bills that are hosting your Linux DVDs, saturate everyone's VM connections in your local area, and just waste bandwidth because of a petty bit of revenge against VM because you don't agree with their service policy? :td: :rolleyes: :afire:

ummmm. what can say, u know what i am doing lol

i am just tired compnies fooling its customers, needs to stand, but i know this isent the way to go lol i know that, but 4 some reason i just feel little better.

um now that u mention i am using up linux hosing server BW, i feel bad, i will swithc over to torrent mode liux down.

ecksmen
09-05-2007, 20:24

I'd of just got opera, gone to the robins speed test site and selected the option to reload every 10 seconds and redownload a different 2 meg text file constantly. Would have said on hdd space, time and effort.

PlanBee
09-05-2007, 20:26
I've never posted a reply to comments deliberately designed to provoke a reaction... but I don’t think your post falls into that category, I think you may just be a little misguided, nobody could be that stupid...could they??
I’m not sure you’ve thought this through Mr Supercyber if you are downloading tons of material it’s not just VM users who suffer at your mindless act. The Internet is a mesh network with intelligence in the network responsible for rerouting data when the network is down or saturated. A mass download would have an impact on everyone... You ‘d not be very popular with the rest of the transatlantic link users, for example... It’s your electricity bill powering a PIII to download “rubbish”. – Use Virtual PC its more eco friendly... By the way, your action is a sure path to increased throttling for your connection.

Off to use some of my 10mb to research something... but I'll read it quickly so I can get my 10MB's worth of value...

supercyber
09-05-2007, 20:31
I'd of just got opera, gone to the robins speed test site and selected the option to reload every 10 seconds and redownload a different 2 meg text file constantly. Would have said on hdd space, time and effort.

umm thee the more time u reload, the easier it gets coz virign have cache buffers set up, the way i am doing well just makes sure i waste thos BW

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

I've never posted a reply to comments deliberately designed to provoke a reaction... but I don’t think your post falls into that category, I think you may just be a little misguided, nobody could be that stupid...could they??
I’m not sure you’ve thought this through Mr Supercyber if you are downloading tons of material it’s not just VM users who suffer at your mindless act. The Internet is a mesh network with intelligence in the network responsible for rerouting data when the network is down or saturated. A mass download would have an impact on everyone... You ‘d not be very popular with the rest of the transatlantic link users, for example... It’s your electricity bill powering a PIII to download “rubbishâ €. – Use Virtual PC its more eco friendly... By the way, your action is a sure path to increased throttling for your connection.

Off to use some of my 10mb to research something... but I'll read it quickly so I can get my 10MB's worth of value...

i do know a bit about computers and the net, thanks, u dont need to explain to me :)

PlanBee
09-05-2007, 20:42
I’m not sure how you’ve had time to learn a bit about computers what with all the TV channels and the Adult extra’s... I’m guessing any RSI won’t have come from your mouse action (pun intended) J

epson
09-05-2007, 20:46
supercyber:just for the ppl wondering i lined up over 450 gigs in queue

Top man,i have fleeced more than 236GB in the last three day's,and it's still blowing away on 1MB CONSTANTLY,dont you just love the swedish torrent site's and Shu as well,lol. no shaping happed yet.

Locky
09-05-2007, 20:46
nice 1 !!! use what u pay for !!! i shud do the same just to **** them of

supercyber
09-05-2007, 20:47
I’m not sure how you’ve had time to learn a bit about computers what with all the TV channels and the Adult extra’s... I’m guessing any RSI won’t have come from your mouse action (pun intended) J

lol haha

Horace
09-05-2007, 20:47
ummmm. what can say, u know what i am doing lol

i am just tired compnies fooling its customers, needs to stand, but i know this isent the way to go lol i know that, but 4 some reason i just feel little better.

um now that u mention i am using up linux hosing server BW, i feel bad, i will swithc over to torrent mode liux down.

Why do you (and others) think you're being fooled? The acceptable use clause in the contract is clear and has been there for some time. VM have been very specific about what triggers STM even if, as I believe, the software has bugs that need fixing.

I'm certain that STM will be with us for a very long time and no amount of chest beating will change that, it's for the benefit of the majority of customers and I very much doubt a small group of customers thrashing their connections 24/7 will do anything other than get their connections lowered even further, I'm sure you'll love being on 512/64.
So, if you're out of contract then you'd be obviously better off leaving now and saving yourself the pain. You'd be an idiot to keep paying money to a company you really believe is ripping you off and you're not an idiot are you ?

supercyber
09-05-2007, 20:54
Why do you (and others) think you're being fooled? The acceptable use clause in the contract is clear and has been there for some time. VM have been very specific about what triggers STM even if, as I believe, the software has bugs that need fixing.

I'm certain that STM will be with us for a very long time and no amount of chest beating will change that, it's for the benefit of the majority of customers and I very much doubt a small group of customers thrashing their connections 24/7 will do anything other than get their connections lowered even further, I'm sure you'll love being on 512/64.
So, if you're out of contract then you'd be obviously better off leaving now and saving yourself the pain. You'd be an idiot to keep paying money to a company you really believe is ripping you off and you're not an idiot are you ?

as u can see i have lot of my serivce with Telewest, blueyonder (i iwsh they were back), but yea i ordered for BT line with BE Pro Service.

the think i pay just over 100 pounds for these serivce i get from virgin. so u can see y i might be raged

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

Mod edit (Gavin): Removed

nps, i didnt take it personally, i knew there will be this kida of recations lol

alferret
09-05-2007, 21:01
;)

DerekRothwell
09-05-2007, 21:05
If your not happy with VM why not just take your custom elsewhere?

This daft plan looks just like something a small boy would do.
Cut your nose off to spite your face springs to mind.

Mick
09-05-2007, 21:24
<Snip>

This is your second thread already with the same agenda. One thread is sufficient.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33613861-how-about-we-start-campaign-let.html

Duplicate thread now closed.