PDA

View Full Version : VM say traffic management may cease if jams ease

mertle
09-05-2007, 12:10
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/112273/virgin-media-cuts-broadband-speeds-for-heavy-downloaders.html

Sorry for startin a new thread but as its now on the VM website I thought it might be important.

Apparantly this may not be indefinatly in place. I hope soon it will be lifted or at least made more sensible fairer system. It may just kick in timt to time when there is Jams.

Notice though they dont have the heart to say about the 2meg how they shafting people paying £18. I am all for shaping if there is heavy users causing issues but the system needs to be much fairer. 1 10meg person can cause a 3gig jam. Yet 2meg can only have a fraction. It would take aproximately 9 users to every 1 10meg user.

It would be interesting how the ratios of subscribers.

Zee
09-05-2007, 12:36
You get what you pay for.

You pay £37 and you get more to use (3GB) if you pay less then you get less (350MB, 750MB) i guess its only fair.

mertle
09-05-2007, 13:02

You pay £37 and you get more to use (3GB) if you pay less then you get less (350MB, 750MB) i guess its only fair.

Actually no it its not and anybody who thinkks so have there head in the sand. How many times have I have to spell it out. I am getting charged £8 more than these free loaders on a tenner for the same deal and regulations as an £18. How is that a fair system you tell me.

I pay half your connection but don't get half your service speed. The pricing policy is ludicrously badly done. I also feel for thos who are on 4 megs. Who also getting a raw deal from VM with the price-speed issue.

What right have you to come on here with an almighty stance get off that high horse please..

dav
09-05-2007, 13:09

That is so true. However, judging by your sig, you aren't entirely a happy camper either. I'm sure if you shelled out a little more you could find a package with a higher upload speed;)

It's all a matter of perspective. For those on the lower teirs the miserly limits VM have set are very restrictive.

Paul
09-05-2007, 13:10
What right have you to come on here with an almighty stance get off that high horse please..He has as much right to come here as you, so let's not go down that route shall we.

helmutcheese
09-05-2007, 14:19
Actually no it its not and anybody who thinkks so have there head in the sand. How many times have I have to spell it out. I am getting charged £8 more than these free loaders on a tenner for the same deal and regulations as an £18. How is that a fair system you tell me.

I pay half your connection but don't get half your service speed. The pricing policy is ludicrously badly done. I also feel for thos who are on 4 megs. Who also getting a raw deal from VM with the price-speed issue.

What right have you to come on here with an almighty stance get off that high horse please..

Then you are to blame for not fighting out a better deal.