PDA

View Full Version : Just had an engineer call

Gypo
08-05-2007, 12:07
A Virgin engineer has just left my house after a brief 2 minute visit.

As soon as he entered the house he said 'Let me guess, poor downstream less than 1mb and poor web browsing?'.......

He said that he was one of several engineers that had been relocated from other area's (he was from Walsall) to Stoke in order to cope with the ultra high demand due to the abysmal service we have been recieving. Stoke is not alone as many other towns and cities are experiencing the same problem but in Stoke it seems to be worse.

He did some tests on my modem, power levels were too high so he fixed them, but other than that he said he could not help me regarding the slow speeds as the problems had started on the THURSDAY AFTER EASTER and were affecting everybody, he didn't know what the problem was and when it would be fixed.

I told him my problems had got 10x worse ever since Virgin took over and he totally agreed saying it had become bad since about February.

So....

WIDESPREAD NETWORK PROBLEM
NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS
NO ESTIMATED FIX TIME

helmutcheese
08-05-2007, 13:48
Same here but caused by crap from NTL messing about with TW-BY about Oct 2006 it all started to show bad signs, the UBR your on may be oversubsribed.

Gordon_30
08-05-2007, 19:49
Timing's about right has been crap for about 3 weeks but it has been going to hell ever since virgin took it over or vice versa
looks like virgin are adopting their train service strategy
crap speed over priced little customer service and assumptions that it's customers are gullible and stupid
SKY is looking more promising every day

Mechanicus
08-05-2007, 21:11
Yep, bad problems here too. getting less than 1mb speeds, browsing very very slow.

I notice on the NTL service page it mentions outages and upgrades in the Luton area. Hopefully this will sort it :)

jubbi
09-05-2007, 14:27
I've had similar issues for the last week and a half now. Every time I phone up I get fobbed off with "an engineer is investigating". It's been awful. The weird this is, if I download a file, it goes at full speed when it does start.