PDA

View Full Version : new modem installed

buba3d
08-05-2007, 09:05
Right here we go again

Today i got my new modem, the vm guy installed it (the modem that is) however he then told me did you get the serial and pin .no that should have been sent out to you (nope) so he then writes down this i think either a pin .no or serial not sure, told me to phone up and register the mac address however when i try to phone up i seem to be hit with people on the other end of the phone who can't speak a word of english, not being racsist or anything but this is beyond of a joke now.

I tried to install the cd on my vista laptop but i get an error saying i have no nic card in my laptop (urgh?)

Some kind sole please help us out here

mcmanic
08-05-2007, 09:45
all they need is the mac code swapped over on your account, i did this last week, took 5 mins, the guy said "i suppose i can just update your account with the new mac code", I didn't have a pin or serial, all they asked for was my account password and name on the account

buba3d
08-05-2007, 10:06
Yeah just spoke to the guy, he said something about my old mac address was still on the system, something about swapping it over and it should take about 4 hrs, just after 12 i've to reboot the modem and pc.

so here's hoping with anyluck :)

dev
08-05-2007, 10:22
expect the pin letter in a few days, that's what happened to us :p:

we phoned up and asked for the pin, got it, failed to authenticate, phoned up again, whoever answered "changed something" and it worked, so if rebooting at 12 doesn't work, could try phoning the number on the back of the install pack and asking for your bb pin

buba3d
08-05-2007, 12:35
Still getting nothing.

when i rebooted the modem i got the lights enet sync and ready, sometimes the send and recieve flash bt still no connection.

still my old modem is running fine

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

all sorted now