PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice...

GabrielSyme
05-05-2007, 01:19
Hello All

Just a quick query, hope you can help: been on blueyonder 4mb for quite a while, with no bother. The power to the modem was knocked off for about 5 mins the other day and since then download speeds have gone down to about 10-150 kb/ps.

Have phoned Virgin and did a couple of downloads from Microsoft that, combined, roughly equated to 4mb. But now, downloads from anywhere else are dead slow.

In Newcastle area, and like I say, never had any bother before.

Motorola sb4100, if that's any help.

ta, gabriel.

Sirpingalot
05-05-2007, 01:44
It wouldn't be your modem, as you can download at full throttle from Microsoft. Depending on where you are downloading from, speeds can and will vary. If the host server can't upload quickly enough, then you can't download at full speed, unfortunately. I wouldn't get worked up about it, as there are numerous network updates being carried out at the moment which may result in a loss of service, or a downgrade of service, as you're experiencing.

I've also heard that Virgin need to update their external links, as they are not always good enough to download at a high rate.

Like I say, don't get worried about it, it'll probably clear within a few days, perhaps weeks. Just give it time, and it should go away...and if not, then I'd advise you give cs a phonecall.

---------- Post added at 01:44 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

GabrielSyme
05-05-2007, 01:45
Fair do's.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

jubbi
05-05-2007, 09:42
There have been issues in the north on the old blueyonder network. For the last 4 days i've had all but no internet. It seems to be on again now.