PDA

View Full Version : Moving Address: What is involved?

SpeedoJoe
04-05-2007, 19:31
I'm moving to a new home soon and I was wondering what is involved with taking my account with me.

There is already an ntl cable connection on my wall. I'm hoping it's just a matter of ringing customer services and changing the account's address, or am I wrong?

Regards

IvIaXiIvIuS
04-05-2007, 20:43
Not wrong,Just phone em a month before you move and they should give you a install date 2-3 days after you moved in.
Just remember to check your bills as when i moved my broadband wasn't billed for 5 months.I had to phone every month to get a correct bill and was assured it would be the following month,Trouble is though,it never was till i spoke to someone about changing my package to include T.V when i was also asked if i wanted broadband.Never took the T.V option as it was cheeper with Sky,but they finally sorted the bill :)

SpeedoJoe
04-05-2007, 21:14
Hmm. So I can't expect to ring them on the day I move in and get it moved? By the way when I said earlier that there is already an ntl cable connection on my wall I mean at the new place.

IvIaXiIvIuS
04-05-2007, 21:17
You can,but don't expect a Fitter to be around the same day,its always better to phone early incase the property that you are moving into isn't cable enabled as to find another supplier within the 30 days you need to give to VM to cancel your existing services. :)

SpeedoJoe
04-05-2007, 21:24
The new properly is cable enabled it seems. There's an ntl coax connection installed already, so I imagined it would just be a case of ringing support and asking them to change whatever they need to do on their system.

IvIaXiIvIuS
04-05-2007, 21:27
Yep,read that bit in your first post ;)

Its a "just in case" situation as if you can be without cable/adsl for a month then phone em up on the day of the move.
Me personaly,i would do it a month in advance then you know thats one less thing to worry about on move day. :)

:welcome: btw :D

SpeedoJoe
04-05-2007, 21:32
Thanks for welcoming me.

See, I'm basically moving TOMMOROW. :)

IvIaXiIvIuS
04-05-2007, 21:42
Ouch,you never know,VM might have a fitter spare...
But i doubt it.
Is it a different area or just a few streets move? as you might be able to take your existing cable with you and they enable it there end if its a few streets/miles away.

Anyway,Good luck tomorrow with the move and i hope its as painless as mine was(only broke a cup :D)

SpeedoJoe
04-05-2007, 21:44
Yeah, it's only about 2 miles away, so I'm hoping there shouldn't be too much hassle with getting it reconnected to the existing line.

IvIaXiIvIuS
04-05-2007, 21:47
I can't see it being much of a problem then as VM now allow self-installs of modems ect.You might be a week without connection till they decide to activate your services at the new address but i can't see it being much more than that.