PDA

View Full Version : Virgin media and Freeview together?

andrew71
04-05-2007, 16:21
I was wondering if anybody knows if you can connect a freeview box to a TV that also Virgin Media. Reason I ask is because if I want to record one channel and watch another the picture from the terrestial channel is not very good. I was hoping i could add a stand alone freeview box to the TV and then when I want to record something off TV I record it from Virgin media and watch the other channel via Freeview.

Hope this question is clear enough to understand
Thanks

Cobbydaler
04-05-2007, 16:27
How many scarts does your TV have? Are you recording to a DVD recorder or VCR? How many items in total are in your AV setup?

andrew71
04-05-2007, 16:36
The TV as 2 scart connections and we record via a VCR.
The current set up is that the VM box is connected to the TV via one of the scart connections with the terrestial ariel connected to the VCR.

Cobbydaler
04-05-2007, 16:48
Substitute your VCR for the DVDR shown in this (http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/tv/diagrams/connection.asp?l=en&ct=tv&d=o13&fd=TV2S,STB2,DVDR) connection diagram & I think that should do it.

The freeview box would be the bottom one in the diagram. Just plug the aerial lead into that one instead of the top one. You shouldn't need all the other RF connections if you only want to record from the VM box...