PDA

View Full Version : No Instalation Yesterday(Virgin don't seem to want new customers)

andychuter
03-05-2007, 14:39
I was to have a new instalation of a V+ and XL Broadband yesterday in the Guildford area I waited in and at 13:20 the man from Virgin arrived and asked were the cable points were. I told him it was a new instalation. He told me he could not do it as it was a new instalation it was a two man job. He then went off to contact his supervisior about this. He returned 5 mins later saying that his supervisior would be calling me and that his supervisor said that a two man team would be out that day but it would be later. Well 16:00 went and no call so I rang virgin to see what was happening spoke to a guy called Andy who said he would look into what was going on and would call me back in under 10mins he said he would call even if he did not find anything. After 17:00 he had not called back so called Virgin again. Spoke to a lady who informed me that they were unable to get anyone to do my instalation as promised by the supervisior to the agent who visited. The earliest I could be done was next Wednesday. I said that I had already had to take This Wednesday for the instalation Unpaid and could not take anymore unpaid days off. The lady asked if I was arround Saturdays as the could do it then I said I was availible this Saturday she said the this Saturday was fully booked.
but I could have a later Saturday. I asked if I could speak to a supervisior. She came back to me saying that Wednesday was the earliest the supervisor could offer so he was escalating it higher but the person was not answering the phone so had left a message. She call me back at 18:15 saying that the area manager would be contacting me today. So I gave her my Mobile number as well as my home number. It is now 14:40 and I have not had a call from anyone. So now thinking that might be joining Sky as virgin do not seam to want my custom.

andychuter
04-05-2007, 08:54
Here is an update. I called customer services at 16:45 Yesterday (Thursday) Explaining that I had been expecting a call From Mr Mick Bedford who i believe is the Area Instalation Manager for the Guildford Area. Mr Bedford was contacted by his mobile and the represenative relayed his replys to me. I was told that the reason why I had not been contacted was that they had no number for me on record ( this is not the case as I had been called back the night before by customer services informing me that Mr Bedford would be call me on Thursday also at this time they also took my mobile number) but according to this agent no number was on my record so I gave my home and mobile numbers again. This number was given to Mr Bedford who informed the agent that he would be calling me on my mobile in 5 minutes. Well after 40 mins I had not to recieved any call from Mr Bedford so I called customer services yet again after a 10 mins wait got through and went through everything with someone else who called Mr Bedford on his mobile again and got back to me from Mr Bedford who he said was sorry that he had not been in contact yet but was busy with an intstalation (hopefully mine haha) and he would be definatly calling me before he left work at 19:00. Well i'm sure you can guess that at 18:50 still no call so I called customer services ( just a short note that everytime I have called I have used my home phone as Mr Bedford was calling me on my mobile so I did not want to miss his call). The person I spoke too told me that the reason that Mr Mick Bedford had not called was as he mostlikly was on leave I explaided that this was not the case as other people had talked to him on his mobile earlier and he had promised to call back before 19:00. I was then for some reason put through to sales and had to recount the story so far. He did try to contact Mr Bedford for me but told me that installations closed at 19:00 and Mr Bedford must have gone home (well at least he got something right and went home as he said at 19:00 hope he knows where he lives as he does seem to have memory problems). The Agent e-mailed Mr Mick Bedford asking him to call me asap on friday I gather his hours are 8am to 7pm so not likly to recieve a call from him durring that time period.
The Person in sales then said that he would have to rebook me a instalatiobn date as if i do not have one I could be removed from the system the date he then gave me was 16th May. I stated that this date was no aceptable as I had been offered 9th May the day before which was not acceptable either as I had been promised it to be sorted by this weekend. The agent said that Mr Bedford was the person who would be able to do this for me. (If he ever contacts me or exists).
I then asked to be put in contact with Virgins complaints Department I was put through to customer services again and spoke to a very helpful man who listened to me recounting the events so far. After listening to this he said he thought this was unacceptable and would fill out a offical complaints form Naming Mr Bedford and said that once this is filled in I should have a call within 48 hours and hopfully Friday sometime.
Let hope the next time I write more I will have everything sorted out (sorry must have been dreaming) but I i'm not expecting that to be the case.
Well next stage Watchdog and Richard Branson as I remember how great everything was years ago customer services who were exceptional but that was when I was a virgin net customer.