PDA

View Full Version : No Right of way

Visitor
03-05-2007, 01:18
So my son asked for cable and a phone line, someone eventually came out, fitted all the cables inside the house, chatted about getting the modem up and running (Now plugged into the PC)

Then went outside to run the cable from the box to the house

Drum Roll *****

The cable needed to cross a neighbours house, and the neighbour refused point blank (Listed building)

The engineer went away, my son has revived the first months bill, then the second months bill !

Did the engineer forget to tell someone ? Maybe he left the job, left the country ? :Yikes:

valor
03-05-2007, 01:22
Heh! sounds like a typical VM story..

AntiSilence
03-05-2007, 01:27
So my son asked for cable and a phone line, someone eventually came out, fitted all the cables inside the house, chatted about getting the modem up and running (Now plugged into the PC)

Then went outside to run the cable from the box to the house

Drum Roll *****

The cable needed to cross a neighbours house, and the neighbour refused point blank (Listed building)

The engineer went away, my son has revived the first months bill, then the second months bill !

Did the engineer forget to tell someone ? Maybe he left the job, left the country ? :Yikes:

So they didn't finish installing the services, but have billed you anyway? I'd phone them up and say I'm not paying it because there's been nothing to pay for.

bopdude
03-05-2007, 01:37
Heh! sounds like a typical VM story..

Does it, show me another instance of this :shrug:

Chris W
03-05-2007, 01:45
Seems bizarre that they did the internal work before the external though, normally it is the other way round.

Anyhow, contact VM and just remind them that you don't actually have any service to pay for. They will be able to verify the fact that the modem has never been online, even if the installation tech logged the call as completed.

bopdude
03-05-2007, 01:58
Of course, it could be VM's ultimate XXXXL wireless package :D

NTLVictim
03-05-2007, 11:09
Of course, it could be VM's ultimate XXXXL wireless package :D

Oh, of course, super WiFi....:D