PDA

View Full Version : What is illegal and what is not???

marky
02-05-2007, 23:59
I posted in reply to a thread and it got to the point of a cable box on ebay, this box was not vm/ntl or any other illegal box.
Now if i was to talk about drugs and how bad they are that would be ok ???
How about uninsured drivers, thats illegal ???
Maybe murder :Yikes:
They all exist but we cant talk about the one :rolleyes:

AndrewJ
03-05-2007, 00:13
It's pc gone mad.

Horace
03-05-2007, 00:16
What's the point of a non VM/NTL cable box in the UK apart from theft of service ? Exactly, there isn't one. Use your head. Even mentioning brands or equipment could easily be considered as aiding piracy. Considering VM give users boxes as part of their subscription there's no need for a second hand or 3rd party market, other than for the reasons I mentioned above.

marky
03-05-2007, 00:19
Maybe CF is up VM's botty, it was a perfectly legal link :rolleyes:
I had better shut up before the gestapo delete me :Yikes:

Chris W
03-05-2007, 00:19
I posted in reply to a thread and it got to the point of a cable box on ebay, this box was not vm/ntl or any other illegal box.
Now if i was to talk about drugs and how bad they are that would be ok ???
How about uninsured drivers, thats illegal ???
Maybe murder :Yikes:
They all exist but we cant talk about the one :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other forums you can use if you don't like it...

The thread you were referring to was to ask a question, which was answered. The only other purpose the thread served was to attract people to post links to chipped boxes/ boxes that could be used to steal service and that is not something that we want on CF. The discussion is permitted- hence why the thread was not closed after the opening question.

Just as discussion of drugs is permitted, discussion of uninsured driving is permitted, discussion of murder is permitted. But if links start to be provided for the equipment/ techniques for people to commit these crimes start appearing then they would be removed and the thread closed.

Furthermore, if you wish to question a decision made by the team, please PM a member of the team who will be able to deal with this.

Thread Closed.

Tezcatlipoca
03-05-2007, 00:45
Maybe CF is up VM's botty

Nope. But we will not help facilitate theft of services.

it was a perfectly legal link :rolleyes:

Nope. While the box itself was not a VM-supplied box (& so was not VM property), it was clearly advertised as being intended for, & allegedly capable of, receiving all VM subscription channels (despite not being a VM box)...which is theft of services.

The item in question was also listed in violation of Ebay's own terms & conditions:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/satellite.html

I had better shut up before the gestapo delete me :Yikes:

Lovely :rolleyes:

As Chris said, in future, you should PM a CF Team member, if you wish to question moderation.

I suggest that you read the CableForum Terms & Conditions:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/about/21/terms-and-conditions