PDA

View Full Version : STB to V+/SACM install problem

Chase
02-05-2007, 15:10
Hi guys,

Think I may have posted my origianl problem in the wrong forum:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33613398-new-account-for-sacm-not-enabled.html

Basically had a STB to V+/SACM install. V+ fine, SACM (255 modem) has ready light flashing. Was told account on STB would go off and account on SACM enabled at same time. STB still has BB connected, as it takes me to the provisioning/registration page if I connect back up to it.

SACM cables look fine, tried swapping to another output on splitter but no difference. Modem status page says Network Access: Denied.

BB was fine up until install.

Is it possible activation was mistakenly sent to STB (re-enabling it) instead of SACM?

Spoke to CS who want to send engineer out next Monday (Bank holiday). If I speak to them again, is there anything I can ask or tell them to do, like getting them to check the correct MAC address has been enabled?

This is not to mention the guy made a right mess (brick dust stains on the carpet) and left me to plug in the relocated STB and power up the SACM. Not surprised they're waiving the installation fee.

Thanks in advance.

on in an hour!
02-05-2007, 18:03
Hi guys,

Think I may have posted my origianl problem in the wrong forum:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33613398-new-account-for-sacm-not-enabled.html

Basically had a STB to V+/SACM install. V+ fine, SACM (255 modem) has ready light flashing. Was told account on STB would go off and account on SACM enabled at same time. STB still has BB connected, as it takes me to the provisioning/registration page if I connect back up to it.

SACM cables look fine, tried swapping to another output on splitter but no difference. Modem status page says Network Access: Denied.

BB was fine up until install.
regarding the sacm chase,it should lock on(i.e. sync and ready lights should light solid) no matter whether you were swapping the BB acc from stt to sacm

Is it possible activation was mistakenly sent to STB (re-enabling it) instead of SACM?

Spoke to CS who want to send engineer out next Monday (Bank holiday). If I speak to them again, is there anything I can ask or tell them to do, like getting them to check the correct MAC address has been enabled?

This is not to mention the guy made a right mess (brick dust stains on the carpet) and left me to plug in the relocated STB and power up the SACM. Not surprised they're waiving the installation fee.

Thanks in advance.
regarding the sacm chase,it should lock on(i.e. sync and ready lights should light solid) no matter whether you were swapping the BB acc from stt to sacm or not.you would activate the sacm yourself by running the software disc which directs you to the sacm registration website as appose to the BIA provisioning page for set top boxes.has your V+ box got a green light by the online on the front of your V+ box??? if it has then your sacm is either suffering from low rf signals or is faulty.

Chase
03-05-2007, 10:42
V+ is fine, and has the online light lit. Sync flashes for a while, then goes steady. At that point ready flashes for about a minute, then goes out, and sync starts flashing again. This justs repeats.

The installer didn't leave me with anything other than a user guide for the V+ box.

Cheers

Nedkelly
03-05-2007, 10:47
When the modem is stable ie syc and ready are lit in the address bar put in 192.168.100.1 the password is root and root .You want the downstram power levels upstream power levels and the SNR level as these will help us to see if you have poor levels at the house :)

Chase
03-05-2007, 12:37
OK, I'll have to check these later and post up when I get home. The old STB has the online light on if that tells you anything in the mean time?

Cheers

Chase
03-05-2007, 19:42
OK guys, I've pulled this info off the modem:

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Not Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 0
Upstream Frequency : 0 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 0 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 61.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 0

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 0
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : -12.2 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 30.6 dB

Cable Modem Status
Acquire a Downstream Channel 570000000 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Denied
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 0
Maximum Number of CPEs : -1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

Do these figures look OK?

Thanks

Nedkelly
03-05-2007, 20:14
Hi your upstream level is to high at 61 dbmv this will cause the modem to reboot and the downstream level is to low. You will need a tech out to sort the levels hope this helps:tu:

NTLVictim
03-05-2007, 20:33
Another install contractor "drop and run"...doesn't anybody police these people????

Chase
03-05-2007, 20:57
Guess I'll have to wait for Monday then - I take it they work bank holidays :)

Thanksfor everyone's help. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Nedkelly
03-05-2007, 21:08
Yes we are working bank holiday techs are in 8 til 4 :)

Chase
08-05-2007, 16:35
Engineer came and adjusted the levels. SACM started working. After he left noticed that the V+ online light was flashing - Arggh! Rang CS who got him back. He swapped out the splitter for a different one. Apparently the installer used the wrong one which had 2x7dB + 1x3.5dB outputs on it.

All sorted now anyway. :)

csjasona
24-01-2008, 23:10
Engineer came and adjusted the levels. SACM started working. After he left noticed that the V+ online light was flashing - Arggh! Rang CS who got him back. He swapped out the splitter for a different one. Apparently the installer used the wrong one which had 2x7dB + 1x3.5dB outputs on it.

All sorted now anyway. :)

I have one of these splitters - is this not the type that should be there? My on demand hasn't ever really worked.