PDA

View Full Version : Bad News For Telford Area Upgrade

telfordcable
02-05-2007, 03:05
I had been told by virgin media tech support and customer care that Telford area won't be upgrade from 10Mb to 20Mb until late September because of not enough capacity on it. So, I had been told of aware of charged me £37 per month even on 10Mb until late September, so, I told them to forget it and cancel it. So, It rubbish and really conned. I go back to BT ADSLMAX.

Very disappointed and told me a lies of promise me of 20Mb available on the May 12th of my new installation date. I had enough of their lies and cancel it.

Be*up to 24Megabit unlimited is still cheaper at £24 a month from BT line compare to Virgin Media 20Mb at £37 per month.

Horace
02-05-2007, 05:18
Their reasons for not upgrading the area are fair, it's better to be on a reasonable 10meg service than a dreadful 20 if your area doesn't have spare capacity.Personally I've always been against the upgrade because I don't think this area and probably many others are able to handle current loads, never mind doubling 10meg. I dread to think what things will be like if 4meg goes to 10. Hopefully the network hardware upgrades that are taking place now and over the summer will help with that.

Anyway good luck and let us know how the switch to BE* goes and what kind of service you're getting.