PDA

View Full Version : New account for SACM not-enabled?

Chase
01-05-2007, 21:08
Hi all, had my V+ installed today with a SACM. Existing STB (BB was through this) has been moved upstairs.
I was told at the point of installation, the internet account on the STB would be disconnected and the new account on the SACM enabled.

V+ is all fine, but the internet connection isn't working. The Ready light is just flashing on the modem. I've looked at the status page on the modem and it says Network Access: Denied.
I've tried connecting to the net on the old STB upstairs and when trying to connect, I'm getting the register/provisioning page.

Is it possible that the 2 accounts have been messed up and the old STB re-enabled instead of the SACM? I've been reading posts about the V+ service being enabled on the wrong box, etc.

I've rang CS and they want to send an engineer out next Monday (Do they work bank holidays?).

If I speak to CS again, is there anything I can ask them to check?
Cheers

Marge
01-05-2007, 21:19
The ready light should be steady on your modem, check the white screw-in cable on the back of your modem as sometimes they are not screwed in tight enough. If it doesn't settle down then looks like you'll need the man in a van.

If this is the case then it may be an idea to re-register your BB on the stb so you have the use of BB until the engineer comes and then call C/S for them to get it removed when your fault has been sorted.

Chase
02-05-2007, 11:03
Hi Marge,

I've checked all the cables, and tried another output on the splitter, without change. I think I'll use your idea of re-registering on the old STB for now though. Does the fact that this is working though, imply that the wrong device (STB rather than SACM) has been activated?

Thanks

diddy1
02-05-2007, 17:17
Hi Marge,

I've checked all the cables, and tried another output on the splitter, without change. I think I'll use your idea of re-registering on the old STB for now though. Does the fact that this is working though, imply that the wrong device (STB rather than SACM) has been activated?

Thanks

Hi Chase I had exactly the same problem, 5 phone calls to sort it out, I did eventually get it working and the nice Welsh man advised me to ring up and make sure the account for the STB was cancelled or i would be charged for 2 internet accounts.thankfully that took just the one call.hope your sorted soon.

Chase
03-05-2007, 17:36
diddy, did it take an engineer to sort it, or did you manage to resolve over the phone?

diddy1
04-05-2007, 19:21
Thankfully i got it resolved over the phone, spoke to a nice welsh man that sorted everything out for me.

Chase
08-05-2007, 16:32
Engineer came out, adjusted the levels, swapped the (wrong) splitter the installer used and all's well now :)