PDA

View Full Version : Connection being killed

DantesInferno
30-04-2007, 20:04
Hi to all, this is my first post after i discovered the forums yesterday :)

Basically for a few weeks whenever i have used any torrent client or even the blizzard downloader (worldofwarcraft), my connecion will be killed after a few mins usually. Im not talking about slowing down im talking about no upload or download and cant do anything at all even after closing the program that caused it, untill i restart my PC/modem.

I have an NTL home 200 cable modem for all that are interested.

I am wondering if this is anything todo with the traffic shaping thats going on, i realise that if it is, it is most likely by accident.....or atleast i hope so :)

im at work all day untill after 5pm so never really download much, just when i come home and want to i cant, or if i need to patch wow it takes a few attempts to get it all. Ive noticed my conenction is being halfed aswell (down to 2mb from 4), my understanding was this would only happened if you downloaded 1gb+ in the day which is impossible as im at work and my pc is off.

Anyways any help would be appreciated :).

Paul K
30-04-2007, 20:10
When you torrent what upload speed do you allow?

DantesInferno
30-04-2007, 20:12
When you torrent what upload speed do you allow?

12kbps max lowered it from 30 as i orgiinally thought that might be the problem.

Then when i was downloading at 470kbps it still did it so lowered the max download just incase the heavy traffic on torrents and high download speed was causing the modem to overheat or something :)

However it still did it after that :)... even when only downloading at around 100kbps

Druchii
30-04-2007, 22:02
http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/blueyondergames/worldofwarcraft/patches/win32/

Just until your connection gets better, even though HTTP is faster than Torrent, especially coming from your ISP ;)