PDA

View Full Version : Orange PAYG gets better

etccarmageddon
26-04-2007, 12:57
new speak easy plan replacing the old ones - 15p per min to call landlines or any mobile network.

plus the online only plan called 'free text trigger' gives you 300 texts if you topup by £10 a month or 600 for a £20 top up plus free evening wap on the £20 topup option. a great improvement on the previous crap plans.

SMHarman
26-04-2007, 15:16
Do you have to do anything to get the plan or is it an automatic switch?

iSteve
26-04-2007, 17:17
Thanks for pointing this out etc, I never noticed this! The new Speak Easy Plan is probably a better plan for most people, but always check the small print and check your usage.

I'm currently on Any Time Fixed Rates. On the new Speak Easy plan the ppm for Mobiles and Fixed Lines will be cheaper. But:

Voicemail now costs 15p per minute, up from 10p per minute
Every call is subject to a "15p minimum charge." On the old plans, it was pro-rated. A call that costs 25ppm that lasts 20 seconds will cost you about 8p.

So, if like me, most of your calls are short, under 30 seconds ("Can I have a taxi from .. to ..? Thanks, bye!"), and your longest calls are navigating and listening to your messages on voicemail, the new plan will cost you more.

I hope that doesn't seem like nitpicking, for most people the plan is probably ideal, but the smallprint can make all the difference to light users like me! Repped you anyway ;)

etccarmageddon
26-04-2007, 17:41
Do you have to do anything to get the plan or is it an automatic switch?you can switch via 450 to speak easy (as far as I know it isn't automatic)

but note that if you want the speak easy with free text trigger and the free evening internet then you have to switch by the web site (ie. online) or by getting a new sim or by ringing them and speaking to a human.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

nb. also the terms and conditions say you can keep the free evening calls promotion if it's on your account but when I emailed and asked them if this was the case they said you couldn't. typical orange - clueless.

Lord Nikon
26-04-2007, 18:55
Don't forget the Magic Numbers -
Orange mobile numbers you can call for 1 hour for 15p, you get to add one every 6 months.

Personally I like my contract... (Orange) Last month I used 222 minutes of calls to cellphones, and 6569 minutes to landlines (no typo) and received a bill of 37.27 inc VAT...

etccarmageddon
27-04-2007, 15:56
magic numbers has changed - now only 3 allowed plus also you cant have magic numbers promotion with the free text trigger.

SMHarman
27-04-2007, 16:25
OK my head hurts now. I only use my Orange SIM when I am in the UK, so for like 2-4 weeks a year. I guess that makes me a light user.

Now my problem is how I get an Orange France PAYG SIM as well. I really don't want to pay $60 for something that only costs EUR15 on the Orange FR website.

etccarmageddon
03-05-2007, 17:28
Despite the Terms and Conditions stating that you can move to this tarrif if you have the old free evening calls promotion, customer services when I have called them and emailed them have told me that their paperwork/instructions tell them it isn't possible. Typical Orange.

Mick
03-05-2007, 18:38
What has this got to do with Virgin Media?

Moved to the correct forum....

etccarmageddon
25-10-2007, 18:08
a 'christmas' promotion tag is showing on the Orange web site against this product and it says you will get unlimited texts (for a month) instead of 1000 when you top up by £30 in a month.

and if you dont use that £30 you can use it to buy 2 lots of 500 texts to use in the following month or months - so you can spread your £30 to provide texts after the your month of unlimited texts.

Windoze9t8
26-10-2007, 17:53
Orange mobile numbers you can call for 1 hour for 15p, you get to add one every 6 months.

Personally I like my contract... (Orange) Last month I used 222 minutes of calls to cellphones, and 6569 minutes to landlines (no typo) and received a bill of 37.27 inc VAT...

Whats a CellPhone (lol)

I like my Orange contract too - my line 2 gives me up to 50 mins of evening land line calls for 30p a day

saabmania2
28-10-2007, 17:29

Which orange plan are you on then? i wouldn't go back to orange after my contract is up i'm on the dolphin35 and only use around 200 of my 500 mins and roughly 50 texts a month and i've never had a bill under £50+vat:mad:, and before anyone say's anything i don't phone premium numbers i only phone the wife on her o2 mobile and home landline:o:. i was with 3mobile before and my bill at most was £30 as far as i'm concerned orange have lost me and i've found there customer service to be worse than vm:shocked:.

etccarmageddon
06-11-2007, 15:58
the orange unlimited texts offer small print now says fair usage of 3000 per month anything above is considered abuse.