PDA

View Full Version : kfc

Pages : [1] 2

wwe
26-04-2007, 00:44
hi i want to ask what your thought's are of kfc i work at one and would like to know what the customs think?

danielf
26-04-2007, 00:46
Never been there, and plan to keep it that way.

wwe
26-04-2007, 00:46
Never been there, and plan to keep it that way.

why do u plan not to go there?

danielf
26-04-2007, 00:52
I'm not very keen on fast food (or chicken for that matter).

Lord Nikon
26-04-2007, 05:01
hi i want to ask what your thought's are of kfc i work at one and would like to know what the customs think?

Ok, here goes...

I would like to see more of the A&W offerings at KFC, root beer floats, chili cheese dogs, chili cheeseburgers etc, there is a KFC near me which offers them and it's always popular.

I would also like to see offerings such as the american menus - Regular coatings, Crispy coatings etc, plus an alternative to the fries which are normally anaemic and tasteless, in the US you can order Mashed Potatoes with your meal instead of fries, or a side of Macaroni & Cheese.

Also all too often the gravy is watered down to the consistency of brown murky water with pepper floating in it, I know this isn't how it's supposed to be as sometimes it's thicker and actually has flavour.

Now, what do I think of the chicken served here in the UK? It's tasty enough, but can be greasy depending on how long it's been out, sometimes it's also burned, but on the whole it's good enough, and plenty of it too.

Thing is, the price isn't that good, it's quite expensive for fast food, and that needs to change...

(And, while I am on about american stuff here, I would LOVE to see Taco Bell hit the UK, I miss the Nacho Cheese Steak Gorditas and Chalupas, plus the Baja Blast Mt Dew, as well as the regular Mt Dew, this is relevant as the company which owns Burger King and KFC also owns Taco Bell)

AndrewJ
26-04-2007, 05:48
How about going a single year without some watchdog program showing how KFC use battery farms for their chickens. Then I may consider even entering a store.

CycoSymz
26-04-2007, 06:00
I took my kids to KFC last Bank holiday for a treat which turned out to be a nightmare.... I had to cue for 25 minutes before being served and then I had to wait another 10 minutes for my food - not really what you call fast food. :(

Mr_love_monkey
26-04-2007, 06:29
I prefer kfc to the other fast food chains (not that I eat them, that often).
I don't think they are too expensive compared to others - £10 in kfc leaves me full up - £10 in MaccyD's leaves me wishing I'd ordered one more cheeseburger.

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 07:15
I love KFC only problem is its riddled with transfats specially in the franchise stores

skyblueheroes
26-04-2007, 07:17
I prefer kfc to the other fast food chains (not that I eat them, that often).
I don't think they are too expensive compared to others - £10 in kfc leaves me full up - £10 in MaccyD's leaves me wishing I'd ordered one more cheeseburger.

I agree. Best of a bad bunch.

Ramrod
26-04-2007, 08:16
Love the taste but don't really buy from KFC because of the health implications.......like Zingle said....

awibble
26-04-2007, 08:28
KFC is definately the best of the fast food places. The one near me is always busy ish (the staff dont have time to stop, but you dont have to queue for long) and you get served fast. Last time i went in there was 4 of us, we ordered a big bucket and some other things, we paid, i tured to pass the change to my fiancee (i didnt take my wallet ;)) turned back and it was nearly all on the counter, the only thing i was still waiting for was the BBQ bites (which are crap IMO) and they came just after.

The taste is fantastic, but theres one thing that always bothers me, and thats the fact that they must be mutant chickens.

In a bucket you get legs brests and wing/thigh things, but not in the quantites that you could re-create the chicken, i swear all KFC chickens have 6 wings and 4 legs.

Stephen
26-04-2007, 08:31
I love KFC the BBQ bites are so fantastic.

HOwever like Lord Nikon said I would prefer if our UK branches offered more in the way of the USA menu which is so much better.

We do need Taco Bell to make a UK appearance as well.

Halcyon
26-04-2007, 10:06
I think for the amount fo food you get and the quality of it, you are ripped off.
But I think that applies to all fast food stores.

Aragorn
26-04-2007, 10:08
If we're on a long Mway journey, I would prefer KFC to the other fast food - personally I go for the Zinger Tower usually. Having said that, last time we stopped at Donnington Park services I had a salmon salad from the M&S place!
So, if the choice is KFC, BK, McD etc I would choose KFC but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at KFC.

zing_deleted
26-04-2007, 10:11
you leave my towers alone ;)

Chris
26-04-2007, 10:13
KFC is way overpriced compared to its competitors. And the range is too restrictive. It doesn't seem possible to buy boneless pieces except as part of a large family meal - or at least it wasn't the last time I went in.

It tastes great but fast food is fast food, it should be convenient and cheap first and foremost. Unfortunately KFC is rarely either of those.

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 10:15
It's not bad value for money if you're buying bulk, like their £10 bucket deals, but for a quick snack it's expensive.

Anyone know if McDonalds burgers still the least fatty out of the main fast food joints? (*only* 36% fat last time I heard)

Chris
26-04-2007, 10:53
It's not bad value for money if you're buying bulk, like their £10 bucket deals, but for a quick snack it's expensive.

Anyone know if McDonalds burgers still the least fatty out of the main fast food joints? (*only* 36% fat last time I heard)

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they were less fatty than BK, as flame grilling should reduce the amount of fat left in the cooked product.

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 11:31
I don't know, but I'd be surprised if they were less fatty than BK, as flame grilling should reduce the amount of fat left in the cooked product.

Was a report a few years back, BK were some of the worst (and not just when it comes to their taste blurgh horrible charred carbon discs)

SOSAGES
26-04-2007, 11:49
MAKE THE CHIPS NICE!!! SOGGY WET BITS OF LIMP SPUD!
and you never get enough...

etccarmageddon
26-04-2007, 11:54
yeah KFC chips are too soggy.

hi i want to ask what your thought's are of kfc i work at one and would like to know what the customs think?I dont work for customs though so can only speak as a customer.

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 11:55
MAKE THE CHIPS NICE!!! SOGGY WET BITS OF LIMP SPUD!
and you never get enough...

Actually, while I prefer the McD's fries to the rest, I'd like them to take a leaf out of KFC's book and not add salt.
Give us the option to put however much or little as we like.

Hom3r
26-04-2007, 11:55
I prefer Greggs hot sausage rolls they are the best in my town.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread as it's making me very hungary

etccarmageddon
26-04-2007, 11:57
you can order McD fries without salt - if you want to **** them off!!!

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

...I'm not going to read anymore of this thread as it's making me very hungaryhello hungary, always nice to have someone from outside of the UK visit here!

Chris W
26-04-2007, 12:01
You work for KFC? Do you have a work permit?

When i worked in Bluewater i was two stores down from KFC. Immigration decided to come down and check out KFC- as soon as they turned up all but two of the staff ran out of the back door and disappeared....

However, on the food side of things, KFC is imo the only place that can make chicken taste horrible. I'd much prefer to grab Nandos than KFC even though it is slightly more expensive. KFC serve Pepsi- inferior to Coke, who knows how long the chicken sits in that little glass display cabinet, and the corn on the cob is pumped full of water. bleugh.

Stephen
26-04-2007, 12:09
You work for KFC? Do you have a work permit?

When i worked in Bluewater i was two stores down from KFC. Immigration decided to come down and check out KFC- as soon as they turned up all but two of the staff ran out of the back door and disappeared....

However, on the food side of things, KFC is imo the only place that can make chicken taste horrible. I'd much prefer to grab Nandos than KFC even though it is slightly more expensive. KFC serve Pepsi- inferior to Coke, who knows how long the chicken sits in that little glass display cabinet, and the corn on the cob is pumped full of water. bleugh.
I prefer pepsi to Coke seen as I can only drink the diet version and Diet coke is minging, Coke Zero is great. However seen as I can only get Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max from KFC I prefer to eat there .

I did once buy a bargin Bucket and eat the full thing by myself:Yikes:

Mal
26-04-2007, 12:19
I hate KFC, so I will not be entering the place. I prefer McD's, as they have Coke, they don't put a mountain of lettuce on the burger and the fries are not as salty, like at Burger King.

awibble
26-04-2007, 12:20
I think for the amount fo food you get and the quality of it, you are ripped off.
But I think that applies to all fast food stores.

KFC is way overpriced compared to its competitors. And the range is too restrictive. It doesn't seem possible to buy boneless pieces except as part of a large family meal - or at least it wasn't the last time I went in.

It tastes great but fast food is fast food, it should be convenient and cheap first and foremost. Unfortunately KFC is rarely either of those.

Are we talking about the same place, KFC, as in southern fried chicked, the red buildings?

As for cost, you get a 12 bit bucket for 12.99 including 4 lots of fries. now i have 4 chicken breasts (Tesco value ones) that cost nearly 6.50 (actually 6.47) so for £13, i would get 8 breasts, and still no chips.

I think KFC is pretty well priced IMO, you get better food that McD's, BK etc etc, (lets face it KFC is real chicken).

As for fast, you must of had a bad experence, i recon i spend more time walking from the car to the shop than i do in the shop.

Jules
26-04-2007, 14:07
I love it but don't buy it often, the one thing that really gets to me is that you have to watch there every move or you are guaranteed to get stuff missing from your order!

Halcyon
26-04-2007, 14:08
I prefer Greggs hot sausage rolls they are the best in my town.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread as it's making me very hungary

Greggs is very good value and a much healthier option IMO. :tu:

I have always heard bad things about the way KFC treat the chickens that are reared for their restaurants.

Chris
26-04-2007, 14:12
Are we talking about the same place, KFC, as in southern fried chicked, the red buildings?

As for cost, you get a 12 bit bucket for 12.99 including 4 lots of fries. now i have 4 chicken breasts (Tesco value ones) that cost nearly 6.50 (actually 6.47) so for £13, i would get 8 breasts, and still no chips.

I think KFC is pretty well priced IMO, you get better food that McD's, BK etc etc, (lets face it KFC is real chicken).

As for fast, you must of had a bad experence, i recon i spend more time walking from the car to the shop than i do in the shop.

Since when was Tesco's value range a competitor to a high street fast food joint? :confused:

awibble
26-04-2007, 14:18
Since when was Tesco's value range a competitor to a high street fast food joint? :confused:

Not saying it is, but KFC is priced better that the tesco value range, so not sure why you think its over priced.

videodj
26-04-2007, 14:33

The tesco ones wouldn't be swimming in grease, and there would actually be more chicken as well.

I've always found kfc to be tasteless and greasy and overpriced. The burgers are well overpriced compared to competitors.

Chris
26-04-2007, 14:35
Not saying it is, but KFC is priced better that the tesco value range, so not sure why you think its over priced.

For a minute there I thought you were going to claim you could make it yourself with just two aubergines ... :D

Overpriced in comparison to its competitors, by which I mean other High Street fast food outlets - Maccy D's, principally.

Don't get me wrong, I like KFC and I appreciate that it's whole pieces of chicken, but as I said, when choosing fast food, price and convenience are more important factors than quality of food (TBH if quality of food was a factor at all, I wouldn't be eating any fast food!).

Saaf_laandon_mo
26-04-2007, 14:55
Nandoes over KFC, mcDs' BK etc etc anyday, and its not that much more expensive.

Oh and I love Donner Kebabs too... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 15:14
Oh hell no not nandos!
Over priced burnt dry "chicken"
For the same price as a light lunch at nados I can feed 2-3 people from KFC and not have them need more food an hour later.

Saaf_laandon_mo
26-04-2007, 15:26
I agree the consistency of Nandoes does vary from restaurant to restaurant. We have 4 to choose from within a radius of 5 miles or so, and only ever go to 1 which has always been consistently good.

The other think about Nandoes is that quite a few of their restaurants offer halaal chicken, so it will always win over KFC for me. I can only eat KFC/MacDs?BK when Im abroard visiting Turkey, Dubai, Pakistan etc etc, which is a good thing or I'd be an even fatter bast***d

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 15:31
I agree the consistency of Nandoes does vary from restaurant to restaurant. We have 4 to choose from within a radius of 5 miles or so, and only ever go to 1 which has always been consistently good.

The other think about Nandoes is that quite a few of their restaurants offer halaal chicken, so it will always win over KFC for me. I can only eat KFC/MacDs?BK when Im abroard visiting Turkey, Dubai, Pakistan etc etc, which is a good thing or I'd be an even fatter bast***d

There's a Halal Fried Chicken not far from home for me, will have to swing by there somewhen.
Best McDonalds I've been to is in Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh.
Actually, they also have the best Pizza Hut too.
Stodge hasn't hit Sinai's fast food places yet :)

Saaf_laandon_mo
26-04-2007, 15:38
There's a Halal Fried Chicken not far from home for me, will have to swing by there somewhen.

There are so many KFC imitators springing up to cater for the halaal market, especially in South London. We have chains such as Dixy, Chicken Cottage, Favourite Froed Chicken, and also independently owned franchises/sole traders.

I have had too many experiences of buying dodgy chicken from them to only visit the one or two I trust nowadays. At least (from what Ive seen anyway) the quality and the cleanliness of a KFC is pretty consistent, and the variety of food sold there is broader than that from the halaal chicken shops.

I just wish that KFC started making halaal chicken outlets, I just want to know what Im missing out on. I think it would make a lot of sense commercially too, still suprises me why none of the big chains (McDs, BK etc ) introduce halaal menus in the UK, profit increases guaranteed!

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 16:30
Well, part of halal is looking after the animal throughout it's life isn't it, not just the way it's slaughtered?
Bit hard to give battery hen chickens a good life...

Action Jackson
26-04-2007, 16:40
People go on and on about chickens being made to suffer in cages and how we shouldn't eat at KFC because of it.

Is it not better to actually eat a caged chicken that actually wanted to die because it's life was so bad, rather than eating a free range chicken that actually enjoyed it's life and didn't want to die?

If anything, eating at KFC means you are helping to end the pain and suffering of these chickens which I reckon is a good thing. :)

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 16:44
Do you remember some years back an email went round claiming that Kentucky Fried Chicken changed its name because it no longer used real chicken, but genetically modified ones to have no heads, and fed through tubes?
If memory serves, KFC actually got the FBI involved to track down the source of the email as it impacted their sales.

Action Jackson
26-04-2007, 16:47
Do you remember some years back an email went round claiming that Kentucky Fried Chicken changed its name because it no longer used real chicken, but genetically modified ones to have no heads, and fed through tubes?
If memory serves, KFC actually got the FBI involved to track down the source of the email as it impacted their sales.

Did the chickens in question not have 12 legs and 4 breasts or something? :D

awibble
26-04-2007, 16:54
For a minute there I thought you were going to claim you could make it yourself with just two aubergines ... :D

i Wish! god i would eat that too much.

Overpriced in comparison to its competitors, by which I mean other High Street fast food outlets - Maccy D's, principally.

Don't get me wrong, I like KFC and I appreciate that it's whole pieces of chicken, but as I said, when choosing fast food, price and convenience are more important factors than quality of food (TBH if quality of food was a factor at all, I wouldn't be eating any fast food!).

Personally i think McD's is poor quality, and as such i wont eat there, i tend to goto BK and KFC, mainly because they are both of better quality.

Thinking about it, a KFC bucket is £13, and it serves 4, and a McD's meal is what £3 each... the price comes out about the same. But if you are by yourself, then McD's come accross cheaper.

Personally, im waiting for somewhere to do a sunday roast fast food style :D

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Yeah, if i remember rightly, it was acutally because it wasnt fried in kentucky.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Theres a few Halal places near me, ive tried a couple, but IMO halal food tastes awful comepared to non-Halal

Saaf_laandon_mo
26-04-2007, 17:17
Theres a few Halal places near me, ive tried a couple, but IMO halal food tastes awful comepared to non-Halal

Are you serious? you can tell the difference between a piece of chicken thats halaal as opposed to one thats not? assumign they've been cooked exactly the same way? and halaal tastes worse? Wow, your sense of taste is amazing.

Regarding an earleir point that Xaccers made, yes halaal should apply throughout the animal's life cycle, i.e it should be well reared. The principle of battery farmed chickens for halaal slaughter is a bit hypocritical, but rightly or wrongly, the emphasis is placed on the actual slaughter. (But I think w're veering of topic and might get in trouble)

Lord Nikon
26-04-2007, 17:29
Based on another thread here in the basement, I wonder if in Japan they call it Kentucky Fried Poodle?

Xaccers
26-04-2007, 17:31
Based on another thread here in the basement, I wonder if in Japan they call it Kentucky Fried Poodle?

:rofl:

If memory serves, KFC is quite posh in Japan.

Halcyon
26-04-2007, 17:38
People go on and on about chickens being made to suffer in cages and how we shouldn't eat at KFC because of it.

I know you are obviosuly not one, but imagine you were a chicken for a moment.
Would you like to run around the fields, eat nice food, and feel free for a while before your time is up....OR do you want to be made to eat pellets and never be able to flap your wings becuase the space you have in your cage is so small.
I know the life I'd choose.

From the free range chickens I have eaten, they have always tasted far much better.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

I don't know if this is fake or not but it gives me one reason why I don't tend to like going to these type of places:

(Picture contains a chicken head in breadcrumbs for those that don't want to see it - It's scary that this got given to someone !)

http://www.upc-online.org/pics/mcd_chicken_head.jpg

Xaccers
27-04-2007, 12:06
I know you are obviosuly not one, but imagine you were a chicken for a moment.
Would you like to run around the fields, eat nice food, and feel free for a while before your time is up....OR do you want to be made to eat pellets and never be able to flap your wings becuase the space you have in your cage is so small.
I know the life I'd choose.

From the free range chickens I have eaten, they have always tasted far much better.

If I was a chicken in a cage in a factory barn, I'd not know about running free, I'd only know the life I'd had.

Course, as a human, I'd rather have a life cooped up in a big city with a roof over my head and relative safety from predators than be living in the wild having to fend for myself.

Lew
27-04-2007, 12:07
Ok, here goes...

I would like to see more of the A&W offerings at KFC, root beer floats, chili cheese dogs, chili cheeseburgers etc, there is a KFC near me which offers them and it's always popular.

Quoted for truth! If I could get A&W root beer at KFC I'd practically live there! :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
27-04-2007, 12:54
Quoted for truth! If I could get A&W root beer at KFC I'd practically live there! :D

Me too.

Although i prefered whole chicken pieces to a burger which would attract me to KFC. I've noticed that the ones ive been to are generally disorganised and discustingly filthy which puts me off going.

wwe
29-04-2007, 21:46
i don't really like the chicken on the bone everything else is great

lauzjp
30-04-2007, 06:25
mmm, (kfc) chicken burger... :drool: I don't have kfc very often, don't even have McDonalds very often - but I do like the ordinary kfc chicken burgers, very filling. Yum! :tu: And I like the chips. And they give you hand wipes! :)

Slyder
30-04-2007, 06:36
KFC should never of got rid of Drifts... :(

I used to work at maccy d's and even thou I can assure you all the storys you hear about what happens out back are true, I still go back to KFC in the hope its a little more.... edible.. :)

Sirpingalot
30-04-2007, 07:19
What does happen "out back", to refresh my memory?

Xaccers
30-04-2007, 10:03

They play hopscotch, but keep it quiet or we'll send the lads round.

lauzjp
30-04-2007, 10:32
KFC should never of got rid of Drifts... :(

I used to work at maccy d's and even thou I can assure you all the storys you hear about what happens out back are true, I still go back to KFC in the hope its a little more.... edible.. :)

hmm, yes... I had a mate who worked in a mcdonalds, but he often did the late shift and bought back all the food and goodies he could carry! I was renting privately at the time so food was not high on the agenda, all freebies gratefully recieved. :blush:
(and now stored on my person in the form of being twice the weight I should be!)

:notopic: - (sorry) damn that buckled tire on my bike.. anyone any idea how much halfords or cycle king will charge to fix it btw?

wwe
02-05-2007, 17:09
why do ppl like the pices of chicken called a keel the most

Xaccers
02-05-2007, 18:11
why do ppl like the pices of chicken called a keel the most

Chickens have keels? I thought it was only boats!

wwe
03-05-2007, 21:33
Chickens have keels? I thought it was only boats!

it a pice of chicken with one bone down the middle

Mr_love_monkey
03-05-2007, 22:08
it a pice of chicken with one bone down the middle

Can't you get arrested for that?

wwe
03-05-2007, 22:09
Can't you get arrested for that?

why

Mr_love_monkey
03-05-2007, 22:25
why

putting your bone in a chic.... never mind

wwe
03-05-2007, 22:31
who likes the boneless box i think its ok but you get a lot with it

SnoopZ
03-05-2007, 22:32
putting your bone in a chic.... never mind

:rofl:

Mr_love_monkey
03-05-2007, 22:37
who likes the boneless box i think its ok but you get a lot with it
Boneless box? - oh man - you're killing me :)

wwe
03-05-2007, 22:53
Boneless box? - oh man - you're killing me :)

why its a boneless box with 4 fries 2 lrg sides 2 reg popcorn and a bottle of pop 12.99

Maggy
04-05-2007, 00:15
I love KFC only problem is its riddled with transfats specially in the franchise stores

Precisely!Also they use the most peculiar cuts of chicken that seem to be all bone and little meat..though I suppose that it proves that it's real chicken. ;)

Nidge
06-05-2007, 06:33
Insted of frying the chicken why not bake them in the oven? We all know KFC use trans fats, the fat that's main cause of strokes and heart attacks. I've only ever been to a KFC once that was years ago and I'll tell you something I'll never go again, the chicken was dripping in grease and tasteless. No wonder people are obese in this country with all the fast food outlets selling deep fried calorie laden and fat laden food. Give me a chicken thats been baked any day.

Slyder
06-05-2007, 09:59

You really wouldnt ask if you liked the idea of eating there again. ;)

On a side note, for those who wish to see how the chickens make it to KFC, heres how.

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

Enjoy the vid on the home page :) - There are loads when you click "Undercover Investigations" and scroll down. What stood out for me was "A PETA undercover investigation (http://www.torturedbytyson.com/)" - (routine decapitation of conscious chickens)

Shaun
06-05-2007, 12:16
Insted of frying the chicken why not bake them in the oven? We all know KFC use trans fats, the fat that's main cause of strokes and heart attacks. I've only ever been to a KFC once that was years ago and I'll tell you something I'll never go again, the chicken was dripping in grease and tasteless. No wonder people are obese in this country with all the fast food outlets selling deep fried calorie laden and fat laden food. Give me a chicken thats been baked any day.

To be fiar if you roast a chicken it's still failry high in fat.

Better off with skinless breasts*. :)

*Yes, Yes, Mr Love Monkey! :LOL:

JediMaster
06-05-2007, 12:42
I love KFC. Dont go there offen as I like, there are 2x in Swansea (Morfa one being cleaner & newer). I love Coffee they serve (better than the coke). Chricken Strips & Fries Yummy :D

Halcyon
06-05-2007, 18:43
I quite like poaching chicken.
No fat needed at all.
Plus why not poach it in red wine....very nice :)

Stuart
06-05-2007, 19:29
Last time I went in kfc, I bought a Zinger Tower meal. The cashier seemed amazed that I didn't want to go for a Zinger burger with hotwings meal for 50p more.

It might well be cheaper to do that than buy the wings seperatly, but the fact remains that I don't like hot wings.

Tezcatlipoca
06-05-2007, 19:42
I can't stand KFC.

handyman
06-05-2007, 19:54
Last time I went in kfc, I bought a Zinger Tower meal. The cashier seemed amazed that I didn't want to go for a Zinger burger with hotwings meal for 50p more.

It might well be cheaper to do that than buy the wings seperatly, but the fact remains that I don't like hot wings.

You can ask for something else, at Kendal I get the regular tower meal with gravy, chips, a coke and a piece of chicken for just over £4 I just think they don't advertise all of the combo's they can offer.

wwe
07-05-2007, 00:39
You can ask for something else, at Kendal I get the regular tower meal with gravy, chips, a coke and a piece of chicken for just over £4 I just think they don't advertise all of the combo's they can offer.

u must had had Fully loaded tower meal that is 4.29

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

u could have had a pice of chicken insteed

Nidge
08-05-2007, 20:04
To be fiar if you roast a chicken it's still failry high in fat.

Better off with skinless breasts*. :)

*Yes, Yes, Mr Love Monkey! :LOL:

No way in a million years is roast chicken high in fat......roast it then take all the skin off or better still leave the skin on thats the best part of the chicken.

wwe
13-05-2007, 03:45
I can't stand KFC.

why do u not like kfc for

wwe
18-05-2007, 14:32
anybody been to kfc over the world and what are they like

Halcyon
18-05-2007, 15:56
I would guess they are pretty much the same.
All the Macdonald's seem to be the same.

Xaccers
18-05-2007, 16:00
I would guess they are pretty much the same.
All the Macdonald's seem to be the same.

I highly recommend the McDonalds in Nama Bay.
It's clean, the food is cooked fresh, you're treated well, and they generally get your order right (unless it's a veggie burger, which confused them, but they did get it right in the end and even went to the trouble to running up the street to give it to us for free)

tweetypie/8
20-05-2007, 20:47

one word crap :td:

wwe
24-05-2007, 00:03
one word crap :td:

why do u think its crap i don't see how some ppl can say that why do u ppl think that?

DJ_Price
24-05-2007, 01:46
In Cardiff, my mate ordered a meal & we waited 10mins, then saw the person again who served him & asked her where it was & she said she forgot about the meal, then walked off & we were served by someone else who finally sorted out the order. Wasted 20mins, but it was busy that day. The KFC on Newport Road doesnt seem to be doing that well for business, as when ever I drive past there (virtually everyday) its empty. It would be good to see Quizno's make an apperance over here in the UK. I didn't get to try it when I was last over in the US, but everyone I have spoken to has said that it is much better than Subway by far.

wwe
27-05-2007, 16:18
what about the kfc u been to what do u think off them?

nfs6600
27-05-2007, 18:01
Personally I love KFC. But it's a little expensive compared to the other fast food outlets I think. Also very greasy, which is great on a Saturday morning at work when nursing a hangover.

The bad thing is when the chicken you get is not as fresh as it should be, gets dry and you don't enjoy the meal as much. Best bit if most definetly the skin! (Do they do buckets of that? :D )

And another bad thing with KFC, as with all fast food outlets I goto (apart from Burger King!) Is that when I ask for a plain towermeal/cheeseburger, they fail to get this right. Why does this happen? From my viewpoint, and I would guess most customers also, the staff are doing the same thing day in day out. All you have to remember is "no salad on this one, no garnish" yet its still always wrong! It seriously took me half an hour once for them to get it right. I was off that day so didnt really mind waiting, plus I really wanted the zinger tower! In the end it was finally resolved when I spoke to the manager and actually wrote it down on some paper for them.

*goes off to post in pet hates thread*

wwe
27-05-2007, 18:49
Are they all ways busy when u go what do u think of the service?

DJ_Price
27-05-2007, 18:50
what about the kfc u been to what do u think off them?

Well I don't personally go there for the simple reason, that I do not particularly find fried chicken appealing & I'm on a diet. ;) But people I do know that like fried chicken they all seem to prefer Miss Millies, which is only in Bristol, Weston-Super-Mare & Cardiff area's.

superbiatch
27-05-2007, 18:52
Are they all ways busy when u go what do u think of the service?

I always find no matter if there's a queue or not - you get served and then end up standing there like a plonker waiting for ages for your food. Kind of laughs in the face of fast food sometimes.

wwe
27-05-2007, 18:59
I always find no matter if there's a queue or not - you get served and then end up standing there like a plonker waiting for ages for your food. Kind of laughs in the face of fast food sometimes.

not at the one i work at i can do ppl ordes in under 30 seconds some customs say to me wow that was quick most of the time i do i fully load or zinger wicked in under 20 seconds plus i served them as well and some customs wait for me to serve them couse they know it will be well quick

nfs6600
27-05-2007, 19:01
not at the one i work at i can do ppl ordes in under 30 seconds some customs say to me wow that was quick most of the time i do i fully load or zinger wicked in under 20 seconds plus i served them as well and some customs wait for me to serve them couse they know it will be well quick

How will it be quick if they wait? :confused:

I just want to goto one and for them to get my order right without me having to tell them I want it without the garnish no less than five times.

No disrespect but it's not the hardest job in the world. As you have said, you can serve cusotmers in under 30 secs. Now thats fast food

superbiatch
27-05-2007, 19:02

Would you mind delivering me one now then cos i've got the munchies? ;)

On a serious note, i think i'd collapse in shock if i got my food at time of paying for it :rolleyes:

wwe
27-05-2007, 20:28
Would you mind delivering me one now then cos i've got the munchies? ;)

On a serious note, i think i'd collapse in shock if i got my food at time of paying for it :rolleyes:

some customs car't belive there eyes they are well shocked when i give them there food plus i never miss anything out there order this is why when ever i on i allways serve more customs and take more money on my till then anyone else i have done for over a year

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

what about the kfc u go to do u have 2 wait ages

wwe
01-06-2007, 16:29
What do u think of the service is it fast? do they all ways get ur order right

Xaccers
01-06-2007, 16:47
What do u think of the service is it fast? do they all ways get ur order right

What is the purpose of your questions?

wwe
01-06-2007, 16:48
What is the purpose of your questions?

i just like to know what custorms think

Xaccers
01-06-2007, 16:52
i just like to know what custorms think

Read through the thread and you will see the questions have been answered many times.

Tightscot
01-06-2007, 17:03
get rid of the 'popcorn chicken' i mean thats just wrong....

everytime i see it i can't help but think it's chicken abscess coated in crispy batter....:sick:

wwe
05-06-2007, 14:28
get rid of the 'popcorn chicken' i mean thats just wrong....

everytime i see it i can't help but think it's chicken abscess coated in crispy batter....:sick:

whats wrong with thre pop corn i think it taste ok

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 15:26
Oops!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6722959.stm

wwe
05-06-2007, 15:43
car't belive it all the cookers are timed so i car't see why they done that

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 15:47
car't belive it all the cookers are timed so i car't see why they done that

Because the workers didn't have a clue about food safety, or if they did, simply just didn't care.

wwe
05-06-2007, 15:48
Because the workers didn't have a clue about food safety, or if they did, simply just didn't care.

the ones where i work they care about food saftey so much

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 16:05
the ones where i work they care about food saftey so much

You do understand that KFC is a franchise organisation, so doesn't employ exactly the same calibre of people at each franchise right?

Every KFC is different.

wwe
05-06-2007, 16:05
You do understand that KFC is a franchise organisation, so doesn't employ exactly the same calibre of people at each franchise right?

Every KFC is different.

yer i do know that

Stuart
05-06-2007, 16:22

Every KFC is different.

True. The KFC's near where I live are all fine, but the KFC in Woolwich (for instance) has been a dirty, squalid place each time I've been there.

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 16:26
True. The KFC's near where I live are all fine, but the KFC in Woolwich (for instance) has been a dirty, squalid place each time I've been there.

The one in Staines is quite good, the food isn't greasy, everything is hot, although some of the members of staff have difficulty understanding their customers. It's small, but kept tidy.

The one near work in MK isn't quite as good, tables aren't cleared promptly, food is more greasy, but still hot and well cooked.

McDonalds by the Hockey stadium is pretty good, the one by Tesco's isn't quite on a par.
The one by Tescos in Hemel Hempstead is fantastic in comparison, staff are switched on, polite, get your order right, clear tables quickly. The manager there needs to be cloned and distributed throughout their company :D

wwe
05-06-2007, 16:51
what about the food is it fresh every time u get it

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 16:55

Only if they've sold out of things.
Otherwise it's kept warm under lamps.
Very rarely have I gotten freshly cooked chicken from KFC

wwe
05-06-2007, 16:57
Only if they've sold out of things.
Otherwise it's kept warm under lamps.
Very rarely have I gotten freshly cooked chicken from KFC

what about the fries and the burgers

Xaccers
05-06-2007, 17:17
what about the fries and the burgers

Again, the "burgers" are kept warm normally rather than cooked fresh (hard to be a fast food place during the lunchtime rush if you have to cook everything to order)
The one good thing about their fries is the lack of salt, leaving it up to the customer to add as much or as little as they wish. Other places should do this. I like a lot of salt, however sometimes McDonalds fries (the best of all fast food fries imho) have too much salt for me, so I dread to think what they're like for other people!
Give us salt free fries, and sachets of salt.
Other than that, KFC fries, like most fast food places have been sitting under the heat lamps for a while, unless you get there during a lunch time rush in which case they might have run out of fries and put fresh ones on. The problem then is because of the rush, they often won't shake them enough to get the oil off.
I don't like greasy fries.

Zee
05-06-2007, 17:18

The KFC in Edgware & Hendon are good, very clean and tidy and the food is good...

wwe
05-06-2007, 17:25
last night i served a custom and she buyed a bonnles box then she ranged bk up and said the gray was like water and the fries were cold and soggey so she wanted her money bk we gave her money bk to here and she stood there saying to the orther customs in the shop that the fries were cold and soggy.

we checked the stuff after she went and thee gray was think the fries looked ok they just came off while i was serving her we get some complaints just trying to get free food

Halcyon
05-06-2007, 18:44
The only thing I have ever liked from KFC are the fries.

Whenever I have tried something else such as a burger or chicken sandwhich, the food is already cold before i even eat it. This is the same with other outlets too, not just KFC.

wwe
05-06-2007, 23:40
the fries are great

Saaf_laandon_mo
05-06-2007, 23:58
is this a KFC focus group?

wwe
05-06-2007, 23:59
is this a KFC focus group?

this is where u can talk about anything to do with kfc

Tech_Boy
06-06-2007, 00:19
KFC, awful food (some would say Fowl:rolleyes:), McD's tasteless cardboard food, subway can never get my order right (both US & UK), If I'm looking for a Burger its BK every time, I mean it's not hard to make a good burger, all I want is the meat, cheese & bun, I do not want all the salad rubbish that McD's slather on ALL their burgers, that is where Bk win every time with the bacon double cheeseburger :D.

Xaccers
06-06-2007, 09:25
I mean it's not hard to make a good burger

Too bad BK always burn their's then ;)

"I said I wanted a burger, not a charcol disc!"

Halcyon
06-06-2007, 09:48
KFC, awful food (some would say Fowl:rolleyes:), McD's tasteless cardboard food, subway can never get my order right (both US & UK), If I'm looking for a Burger its BK every time, I mean it's not hard to make a good burger, all I want is the meat, cheese & bun, I do not want all the salad rubbish that McD's slather on ALL their burgers, that is where Bk win every time with the bacon double cheeseburger :D.

I'd choose a Burger King burger over Macdonalds anytime.
Instead of a cardboard burger and flakes of onion and lettuce you actually get real rings of onion and slices of tomato and lettuce.
Much nicer.

handyman
06-06-2007, 10:06
Subway in Kendal is correct with the order every time but I do fins Subway expensive. The MacDonald's is not to bad. Best Mac D's is the one in Redcar near the Tesco's. Worst I have been to is the one near the Tesco in Stockton, It's dirty the staff are rubbish and the service is very slow.

Actually that's a lie the best Mac D I went to was the one near the Beltz designer mall in Florida where they cook all of the food to order and were doing 2 for 1 on big macs.

Lurve BK, If there was one in Kendal I'd probably be the size of a house.

Stuart
06-06-2007, 11:05
Subway is OK, but in my local subway, they often have only one member of staff on, and the "system" they have is really designed for two or more, so service is often very slow. They also have trouble with the concept that if I order a 6 inch sub with a bottle of coke, I don't want a 12 inch sub with a regular size cup of coke, even if it is only a few pence more.

Also, I find that the food in all the Subways I've been in to be OK, but not worth anywhere near what they charge for it.

I much prefer Sandwich bars. The ones around Greenwich are generally cheaper, faster and provide better food (and a greater variety too).

Halcyon
06-06-2007, 11:22
Whenver I have been into a Subways store I have found them to be quite expensive for what you get.
I also thought that I got a lot of mayo and filling sauces instead of actual food in my sandwhich.

I'd much rather go to Gregg's and pay £1.50 for a tuna & sweetcorn baguette.

wwe
06-06-2007, 12:14
i went to bk last week and when i came home and started to eat it it was not very nice i think kfc and mc donals burgers are better

Saaf_laandon_mo
06-06-2007, 12:15
The subways sub of the day arent bad.... £2 quid and in my opinion quite filling. Oh, and it can be toasted with melted cheese mmmmm

wwe
06-06-2007, 12:17
The subways sub of the day arent bad.... £2 quid and in my opinion quite filling. Oh, and it can be toasted with melted cheese mmmmm

i never been to sub way but i heard ppl think they are great

Chrysalis
06-06-2007, 12:27
I love it but don't buy it often, the one thing that really gets to me is that you have to watch there every move or you are guaranteed to get stuff missing from your order!

Opposite experience here, I agree to get the best value need to order a bucket.

When ordering a bucket I have often had too many peices of chicken and I have seen them just fill it up if they busy to save time. KFC is easily the most filling take away out of mcd BK and KFC.

On the subject of BK is it still going? I read a news article about a outlet owing staff wages and the 2 local BKs to me have shut down.

Shaun
06-06-2007, 18:46
I'd much prefer a Pret to Macy D's or any of the others but they haven't given us one in Leicester.:(

I love their soups and their salads are great value and not covered in dressings that multiply the calorie content by a thousand! :yummy:

gooner4life
06-06-2007, 19:27
KFC, MCD's, BK, and the like never get an order correct, the KFC near me is particularly bad though, forgetting several burgers, giving us beans instead of coleslaw, giving us no sides full stop, etc, even then after complaining and getting the order put right you ask for some mayo and bbq sauces and they give you 1 bbq and no mayo etc.

wwe
10-06-2007, 15:59
i don't like burger king there burgers are not as nice as kfc or mc d

Maggy
10-06-2007, 19:22
Having read through my Weight Watchers Eating out booklet I've come to the conclusion that KFC have managed to take a low fat,low calorie white meat and make it the most fattening prospect of all the fast food outlets...:(

Mind having read what the average curry is worth in WW points I could eat a typical Chicken Korma and Pilau rice and have used up all my pints for one day...and that's leaving out the popadoms,nan bread and Bombay potatoes.:Yikes:

superbiatch
10-06-2007, 19:30
Having read through my Weight Watchers Eating out booklet I've come to the conclusion that KFC have managed to take a low fat,low calorie white meat and make it the most fattening prospect of all the fast food outlets...:(

Mind having read what the average curry is worth in WW points I could eat a typical Chicken Korma and Pilau rice and have used up all my pints for one day...and that's leaving out the popadoms,nan bread and Bombay potatoes.:Yikes:

For a shock, check out how many WW points a bag of minstrels are ;)

TheDaddy
10-06-2007, 19:30

Hmm Weight Watchers, aren't they the one's that encourage you to 'eat' a milkshake :erm:

Maggy
10-06-2007, 19:31
Hmm Weight Watchers, aren't they the one's that encourage you to 'eat' a milkshake :erm:

No!

wwe
11-06-2007, 20:37
new stuff at kfc

Wrapstar

prices gone up

zinger wicked, fully load are now 4.29

fillet burger on its own is 2.69

2pc cornel meal is 3.19

3pc cornel meal is 4.19

Halcyon
11-06-2007, 20:38
They should make you UK marketing manager.
You seem to be good at promoting the company.

superbiatch
11-06-2007, 20:39
They should make you UK marketing manager.
You seem to be good at promoting the company.

Altho a flashing light and some music might help ;)

Stephen
11-06-2007, 20:51
new stuff at kfc

Wrapstar

prices gone up

zinger wicked, fully load are now 4.29

fillet burger on its own is 2.69

2pc cornel meal is 3.19

3pc cornel meal is 4.19

The wrapstar has been out for ages??

Julian
11-06-2007, 21:06
OK wwe here you go....

Download Failed (1)

wwe
11-06-2007, 21:27
The wrapstar has been out for ages??

the wrapstar just started today in my town

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

OK wwe here you go....

http://www.ecompanylogo.com/data/CP508.jpg

cool

Stephen
11-06-2007, 21:33
Glasgow has had the wrapstar for months.

wwe
11-06-2007, 21:45
Glasgow has had the wrapstar for months.

what are ur thoughts of the wrapstar i think its ok

Tezcatlipoca
11-06-2007, 21:59

That's "SlimFast", isn't it?

"SlimFast shake for breakfast, one for lunch, & then a proper dinner".

The (rather large) father of one of my friends at school used to use "SlimFast" shakes to try & lose weight.

Unfortunately, he seemed to think it was:

"SlimFast shake plus proper breakfast, SlimFast shake plus proper lunch, & then a proper dinner".

I think he gained weight...

Still, that's going OT, lol. Erm, back to KFC!

Stephen
12-06-2007, 09:31
what are ur thoughts of the wrapstar i think its ok
It was alright. It reminded me of something that I had in Taco Bell last time I was in the USA last year. But with meat instead of chicken.

wwe
26-06-2007, 00:39
has anybody been to a kfc out sayed of uk

nfs6600
26-06-2007, 15:55
A few times. Alot better than the places here in the UK. Chicken hasn't been sat there for hours under a warm lamp, the staff are always friendly and have never got my order wrong and which such speed also. This shows a lot about the UK chains, they can't even get my order right and they speak my language. I go out of the UK and they get it right everytime

wwe
10-07-2007, 14:50
just 2 let u know the wrapstars are stopping in 2 weeks so if u want one u need 2 go and buy 1 they are wicked even wicked without the chesse on

enjoy

tweetiepooh
10-07-2007, 16:22
I'd like to see much more variety in street food. There is so much more to try and much of it can be done fairly cheaply and more flavoursome than the mass produced muck pumped out.

Just think of what's available in other countries and then bring it here.
Roti, crab 'n dumplings etc and not just in the ethnic areas where it is available.

Trouble is that trading standards would probably refuse to let it start and much of the great unwashed wouldn't even try it. Then the vendor would (need to) charge too much for it.

Sirpingalot
11-07-2007, 10:23
I'd happily pay more for quality fast food. Often, when I have, say, a McDonalds I'm ill a few hours later..just doesn't agree with me

alferret
11-07-2007, 13:52
We had KFC last night, I must say that this was one of the few times I actually disliked what I ate from KFC.
Give a choice of "fast foods" I would much prefer BK, never had anything bad from my local one @ Mansfield.

wwe
23-07-2007, 01:40
just to let u know the wrapstar have finished today the new stuff is the daddy burger and a summer night off bucket

superbiatch
23-07-2007, 08:58
just to let u know the wrapstar have finished today the new stuff is the daddy burger and a summer night off bucket

The daddy burgers are back? They were well nice, but oh so fattening :D

wwe
26-07-2007, 15:20
the new stuff
The big daddy burger u get with it large fries and a large drink and a side order and a piece of chicken which is £4.89

Summer night off bucket

10 or 6 piece of chicken
4 Fries
1 reg popcorn
2large side orders
1 garlic and herb pull apart bread
bottle of pop or robinsons smooth jucie

the 10 piece is £15.99 and the 6 piece is £12.99

Sirpingalot
27-07-2007, 20:26
the new stuff
The big daddy burger u get with it large fries and a large drink and a side order and a piece of chicken which is £4.89

Summer night off bucket

10 or 6 piece of chicken
4 Fries
1 reg popcorn
2large side orders

the 10 piece is £15.99 and the 6 piece is £12.99

How much do they pay you ;)

Slyder
27-07-2007, 20:49
The daddy burgers are back? They were well nice, but oh so fattening :D

Booooo! Bring back the Drift's :D

wwe
31-07-2007, 16:56
what do u think of the daddy burger there selling fast

ian@huth
31-07-2007, 22:42
the new stuff

Summer night off bucket

10 or 6 piece of chicken
4 Fries
1 reg popcorn
2large side orders

the 10 piece is £15.99 and the 6 piece is £12.99Seems a tad expensive. The 12 piece family feast (12 pieces, 4 regular fries, 2 large sides and a 1.5 litre bottle of Pepsi) only costs £9.99 with a coupon from the promotional voucher leaflet that we have been getting through the letterbox every month for ages. There are another half dozen offer coupons on the leaflet.

wwe
01-08-2007, 02:13
Seems a tad expensive. The 12 piece family feast (12 pieces, 4 regular fries, 2 large sides and a 1.5 litre bottle of Pepsi) only costs £9.99 with a coupon from the promotional voucher leaflet that we have been getting through the letterbox every month for ages. There are another half dozen offer coupons on the leaflet.

each kfc have different coupon's becouse of the mangers that own it so they can only be used at select stores that the manger own

LSainsbury
01-08-2007, 15:09
each kfc have different coupon's becouse of the mangers that own it so they can only be used at select stores that the manger own

I think you work for KFC, dude! :)

handyman
01-08-2007, 15:16
I think you work for KFC, dude! :)

We know.... he said ;-)

LSainsbury
01-08-2007, 15:26
We know.... he said ;-)

Ohh - must have missed that! :dunce:

Halcyon
01-08-2007, 16:27
I too think that it is expensive and that I would not consider spending that amount of money, (however much food you get) on fast food.

handyman
01-08-2007, 16:41
I too think that it is expensive and that I would not consider spending that amount of money, (however much food you get) on fast food.

It is very expensive.

Went for a 2 course Lunch in a Rosette quality restaurant yesterdays. Had...

Smoked Duck salad with orange and pomegranate as a starter.

Lamb Henry with mash and gravy served with a bowl of nice seasonal veg. as a main.

Was £9.99 (actually I got it free as I did some work on their website but that's not the point)

The Lamb was awesome and plentiful and I'd have been happy to have that served up in any restaurant for £9.99 by itself.

LSainsbury
01-08-2007, 16:42

It's also a tad unhealthy!

Would be good for clearing your insides out though! :erm:

Halcyon
01-08-2007, 17:05
I just think that with £15.00 you could make a much tastier meal yourself.

LSainsbury
01-08-2007, 17:06
It is very expensive.

Went for a 2 course Lunch in a Rosette quality restaurant yesterdays. Had...

Smoked Duck salad with orange and pomegranate as a starter.

Lamb Henry with mash and gravy served with a bowl of nice seasonal veg. as a main.

Was £9.99 (actually I got it free as I did some work on their website but that's not the point)

The Lamb was awesome and plentiful and I'd have been happy to have that served up in any restaurant for £9.99 by itself.

Ahh - but would that meal feed a chav family of 6 - all under the age of 25? :p:

Vlad_Dracul
01-08-2007, 18:45

Well i dont think i have ever been in a KFC,but then i'm not the kind of person who does fast food anyway so i have very rarely been in a Mc Donalds/BK or anything similar either.

I can give you my perceptions of such places though.

I perceive that;

They are either franchises or else run by some Mr Big outfit
Some people who work there are probably not very committed and cant get anything else/maybe low paid
The food might be nutritionally questionable. I once worked in one in an engineering capacity and noted that chicken is cooked in what amounts to pressure cookers full of cooking oil.

It would be nice to know where the chicken is sourced from. Is it UK or Vietnamese or of other origin??

Of course my perceptions might be all wrong. Perhaps you could put us right?

peanut
01-08-2007, 19:45
They are hatched that way, complete with spicy coating. Don't put me off my food when I'm eating, lol. :D

LSainsbury
01-08-2007, 19:59
Perhaps you won't want to read this site then.

*Warning - contains some images that may offend *

>>Link is safe<<

http://www.kfcmademesick.com/ (http://www.kfcmademesick.com/)

Stuart
01-08-2007, 20:02
They are either franchises or else run by some Mr Big outfit

KFC itself was (and I think is) part of the Pepsi group. I think it runs the larger KFCs, but most are franchises.

Some people who work there are probably not very committed and cant get anything else/maybe low paid
True.

The food might be nutritionally questionable. I once worked in one in an engineering capacity and noted that chicken is cooked in what amounts to pressure cookers full of cooking oil.

Yep. Sadly, very little fast food from chains is nutricious. Although as I understand it, McDonalds is actually mor healthy than some so-called healthy options (such as Subway for instance)

It would be nice to know where the chicken is sourced from. Is it UK or Vietnamese or of other origin??

Probably whereever is cheapest.

peanut
01-08-2007, 20:10
I can show you a pic of a mad cow and say that's where your Big Mac comes from. Can anyone guarantee their meal comes from a 'proper' place where rules and regs are tightly adheared to? Even when you go to that £60 a head restaurant. What about that kebab after a few pints, how many horses in that? Look at Bernard Mathews, they say they deal with turkeys yet I've never seen anything that resemble anything like one in any of their products.

I agree it does matter about the cruelty etc, but it will never stop as long as a $ is made or a $ to be saved.

And for a couple of quid on the go, you know it's not a gourmet meal served in a posh restaurant. But at times it's does what it's supposed to, be quick and fill a gap.

Slyder
03-08-2007, 16:38
Perhaps you won't want to read this site then.

*Warning - contains some images that may offend *

>>Link is safe<<

http://www.kfcmademesick.com/ (http://www.kfcmademesick.com/)

Im feeling KFC tonight :D

wwe
12-08-2007, 18:48

true i want them to bring some healthy food out

wwe
15-08-2007, 23:56
what do u think of the daddy burgers i think its to much u get a lot of food but they are selling quick we must sell over a 100 a day and they are a nightmare to make for some people

LSainsbury
16-08-2007, 08:08
I think KFC food is the worst of all the fast food chains...

It's full of crap, and make me ill every time - hence I can count the number of KFC's I've had one one hand.

wwe
29-08-2007, 16:00
just to let u know the daddy burger finishes on monday 3rd of september and so does the summer night bucket some stores has stoped doing the summer night off bucket couse they car't get anymore garlic bread there are 2 new things starting on monday which are chilla bites (like bbq bites but new flavo)
and boneless variety bucket
more detils to come.

LSainsbury
29-08-2007, 16:34
just to let u know the daddy burger finishes on monday 3rd of september and so does the summer night bucket some stores has stoped doing the summer night off bucket couse they car't get anymore garlic bread there are 2 new things starting on monday which are chilla bites (like bbq bites but new flavo) and boneless variety bucket
more detils to come.

Thanks for the KFC update - tonight I shall sleep more soundly for knowing this information.

...and in other news....

zing_deleted
29-08-2007, 17:06
just to let u know the daddy burger finishes on monday 3rd of september and so does the summer night bucket some stores has stoped doing the summer night off bucket couse they car't get anymore garlic bread there are 2 new things starting on monday which are chilla bites (like bbq bites but new flavo)
more detils to come.

do kfc have a spell checker? ;)

wwe
29-08-2007, 17:07
do kfc have a spell checker? ;)

how do u mean?

zing_deleted
29-08-2007, 17:11
just to let u know the daddy burger finishes on Monday 3rd of September and so does the summer night bucket some stores has stopped doing the summer night off bucket cause they cannot get anymore garlic bread there are 2 new things starting on Monday which are chilla bites (like bbq bites but new flavour)
more details to come.

please check this against your post and use google spell check I did cause I can't spell either ;)

wwe
29-08-2007, 17:13
please check this against your post and use google spell check I did cause I can't spell either ;)

ok sorry if i spell something wrong

zing_deleted
29-08-2007, 17:15
I meant it humorous mate :) my spelling is awful the google spellchecker does help me

wwe
29-08-2007, 17:15
I meant it humorous mate :)

ok cool

LSainsbury
27-10-2007, 21:46
What to do....

Ummm just seen an advert for a Wrapster (it's back) and we have not been informed of this breaking news by wwe. Is he still working for KFC of has he defected to BK!!

mrmistoffelees
27-10-2007, 21:49
Chilla bites ?? As in Chinchilla bites ? :erm::erm:

wwe
01-12-2007, 23:04
just to let u know there is a new bucket and burger starting soon more info 2 come

LSainsbury
02-12-2007, 09:35
Wooow!! Soooooo cooool! * Yawn*

Vlad_Dracul
02-12-2007, 13:04

Oh dear, your opening a can of worms with a question like that.

I have never been to a KFC,mind you I've never been to a McD's or anything similar either.

I love cooking and i like to know what I'm eating. Or know as much as possible as you can about what you are eating. It isnt always easy.

So my perceptions,right or worng,about KFC and McD's and similar are:

(1)The food probably is not that healthy and of poor value.

(2) The service is indifferent, i.e staffed by youngsters who don't want to be there
(3) Many such places are used as social clubs or drop in centres my chavs and gangsta types, i.e self styled uprban bad boyz

Halcyon
02-12-2007, 15:09
(2) The service is indifferent, i.e staffed by youngsters who don't want to be there

I take it WWE wants to be there and it is good that he is passionate about his job, whatever it maybe.

Vlad_Dracul
02-12-2007, 23:35
Perhaps he's new..?

handyman
02-12-2007, 23:45
snippty

I think you'll find that places such as mc d and kfc work to such controlled standards and high staff ratios that most are rated 5 ot of 5 by h&s. I work in a very expensive fine dining restaurant and we were told there is was no way we would get 5/5 and we clean the place religiously. (even though I'm an atheist ;) )

In a MacDonald's burger there is beef, dash salt and a dash pepper. That's all. It is fried on a flat grill with AFIAK no oil and heat is applied top and bottom for a predetermined time. As each burger is uniform the burger is cooked through. Granted there is no flair in the presentation but I think you are under rating modern fast food joints.

Help!!!
03-12-2007, 00:31
Well my local KFC I would like it if the Chicken was actually cooked for the time its meant to be, and more fries what do they think I am a kid? They use way too much oil and the Pepsi is always flat, Put ice in when I don't ask for it and the counter staff are usually rude. The line is always packed so I generally don't eat from there. Another thing it closes at like 8pm WTF is up with that?

They shut down the Mcdonalds in my town so its a mission to get to the other one, I just eat at home as ive worked in fast food and some of the people are not the most hygienic people.

Charlie_Bubble
03-12-2007, 00:36
Oh dear, your opening a can of worms with a question like that.

I have never been to a KFC,mind you I've never been to a McD's or anything similar either.

That's funny, because in post 169 you said: "i have very rarely been in a Mc Donalds/BK or anything similar". I guess your next post will be to deny all knowledge of the existence of fast food restaurants...:confused:

Help!!!
03-12-2007, 00:44
(3) Many such places are used as social clubs or drop in centres my chavs and gangsta types, i.e self styled uprban bad boyz

*Reads then looks at avatar*

Help!!!
05-12-2007, 21:29
Well this took some finding, stupid search can't do 3letters, anyway, anyone watch watchdog, complaining how KFC is dirty and one branch they found ecol i, errrrr that was the branch in Birmingham town

wwe
06-12-2007, 02:31
Well this took some finding, stupid search can't do 3letters, anyway, anyone watch watchdog, complaining how KFC is dirty and one branch they found ecol i, errrrr that was the branch in Birmingham town

heard about this we not alound 2 use cloths no more to clean the tables we have 2 use a spy and blue roll from now on and if u a cloth 2 wrap the side and we have 2 put it stright back in the bucket i we don't then we have to bin it stright away

Stuart
06-12-2007, 09:37

The google search at the bottom can..

Regarding the dirt issue. I think you'll find that happens at some restaurants. Maybe not the ecoli bit, but some restaurants do cut corners, and a 16 year old who is getting minimum wage isn't really going to worry too much if his employers get into trouble.

I am not saying it should happen, or is even justified, but this is exactly the sort of thing that Councils have Evironmental Health departments for. If that department is doing it's job, then the they should take action.

The Hitman
06-12-2007, 10:24
Is kfc open on xmas day as I want to treat my seal looking doggy to a bucket ?

Help!!!
09-12-2007, 22:13
heard about this we not alound 2 use cloths no more to clean the tables we have 2 use a spy and blue roll from now on and if u a cloth 2 wrap the side and we have 2 put it stright back in the bucket i we don't then we have to bin it stright away

nasty place, I mean I wouldn't mind working there its money at the end of the day but nasty place.

The google search at the bottom can..

Regarding the dirt issue. I think you'll find that happens at some restaurants. Maybe not the ecoli bit, but some restaurants do cut corners, and a 16 year old who is getting minimum wage isn't really going to worry too much if his employers get into trouble.

I am not saying it should happen, or is even justified, but this is exactly the sort of thing that Councils have Evironmental Health departments for. If that department is doing it's job, then the they should take action.

I mean the search on this site for this thread, Minimum of 4 characters so had a job finding this thread named kfc.

Is kfc open on xmas day as I want to treat my seal looking doggy to a bucket ?

Doubt it mate, chip shops may be as most are owned by muslims and they don't celebrate xmas so try your local muslim chip shop.

Vlad_Dracul
10-12-2007, 16:20
I think you'll find that places such as mc d and kfc work to such controlled standards and high staff ratios that most are rated 5 ot of 5 by h&s. I work in a very expensive fine dining restaurant and we were told there is was no way we would get 5/5 and we clean the place religiously. (even though I'm an atheist ;) )

In a MacDonald's burger there is beef, dash salt and a dash pepper. That's all. It is fried on a flat grill with AFIAK no oil and heat is applied top and bottom for a predetermined time. As each burger is uniform the burger is cooked through. Granted there is no flair in the presentation but I think you are under rating modern fast food joints.

I dont disagree with you and i wasn't necessarily questioning the cleanliness of the kitchens.

I have witnessed the state of many commercial kitchens and there are some real frighteners out there. I think its more the concept and the ambience that i have issues with. If we are talking meat, I can recommend a read of fast food nation;

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Food_Nation

It just serves to confirm what i had already thought and no-one took any legal action to contest it when it was published.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

That's funny, because in post 169 you said: "i have very rarely been in a Mc Donalds/BK or anything similar". I guess your next post will be to deny all knowledge of the existence of fast food restaurants...:confused:
Please dont be confused..I think we are just talking semantics here. Lets try and stick to the substance of the debate?

Stuart
10-12-2007, 17:31
I mean the search on this site for this thread, Minimum of 4 characters so had a job finding this thread named kfc.

The google search at the bottom will search this site.

wwe
14-01-2008, 04:50

thats true plus u get what u want to make

wwe
21-01-2008, 01:58
kfc not got any thing new on this month there just advertising the 10pc bargin bucket and the fully loaded

Help!!!
26-01-2008, 17:05
kfc not got any thing new on this month there just advertising the 10pc bargin bucket and the fully loaded

great, why are you so stingy with the fries?

Saaf_laandon_mo
28-01-2008, 16:03
Are any KFC outlets serving halal chicken?

handyman
28-01-2008, 16:07
Are any KFC outlets serving free range or rspca freedom food chicken?

hmmmm
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rachel+nevada&ie=UTF8&ll=37.645755,-115.748863&spn=0.003746,0.00913&t=h&z=17&om=0

LSainsbury
28-01-2008, 16:17
Are there any serving real Chicken?

Mr_love_monkey
28-01-2008, 16:42
Are there any serving real Chicken?

Who cares! it's deep fried and coated in breadcrumbs - and tastes good

If that's what rat tastes like, count me in!

Nugget
28-01-2008, 16:53
Who cares! it's deep fried and coated in breadcrumbs - and tastes good

If that's what rat tastes like, count me in!

So you love monkey and rat - any others that you haven't told us about?

Mr_love_monkey
28-01-2008, 17:22
So you love monkey and rat - any others that you haven't told us about?

different forms of love though... I love to eat rat, whereas I just love monkeys

wwe
16-03-2008, 22:39
hi guess whats bk tommorow the bites and this time we got 3 flavours

Stephen
16-03-2008, 23:44
hi guess whats bk tommorow the bites and this time we got 3 flavours

There was 3 flavours last time.

Maybe Glasgow gets things ahead of England as every time you post something is coming or is coming back its already been here in Glasgow for a while :)

Druchii
17-03-2008, 05:33
Cool, wish i could get a few bags full, those things were gorgeous last time round ;)

LSainsbury
17-03-2008, 06:23
So much for promoting healthy eating!

WHISTLED
17-03-2008, 07:37
I bought myself a tub of coating (american import) a few weeks ago, it tastes JUST like KFC except crispier and I can use better chicken.

I had KFC quite regular until I heard the chicken was ex battery hen. I cant be having that.

LSainsbury
17-03-2008, 08:30
I had KFC quite regular until I heard the chicken was ex battery hen. I cant be having that.

I heard that KFC breed special chickens - they have 6 legs and 10 wings...

Graham M
17-03-2008, 08:42
They don't arrive in an egg either, they come in a bucket! :p:

LSainsbury
17-03-2008, 08:53

LOL! :D

WHISTLED
17-03-2008, 08:59
To contine this theme, and their poo is either beans or coleslaw...?

Nugget
17-03-2008, 09:02

There's a really rude joke there, but I think that a family forum probably isn't the best place for it ;)

Mr_love_monkey
17-03-2008, 09:03
Ththey come in a bucket! :p:
Reminds me of public school days :)

Who cares if it's healthy eating or not? - it's fast food - if you have nothing but a diet of that, you're an idiot - as a not too frequent treat what's the harm.

It's like complaining chocolate isn't full of vitamins.

LSainsbury
17-03-2008, 09:04
To contine this theme, and their poo is either beans or coleslaw...?

I'm not going to ask where the BBQ sauce comes from...

WHISTLED
17-03-2008, 09:06
I'm not going to ask where the BBQ sauce comes from...

Burst acne from the serving staff

Nugget
17-03-2008, 09:08
Burst acne from the serving staff

I think you'll find that that's the mayo :)

tweetypie/8
17-03-2008, 11:38

have to agree with lord nikon far to pricy !!

WHISTLED
17-03-2008, 11:41
have to agree with lord nikon far to pricy

Nahh a curry from a takeaway costs 5-6 quid, KFC is cheap compared.. Its just filthy featherless, rate, chicken

karlos00
17-03-2008, 12:29
I remember freaking out a cashier in KFC by ordering just the 2 pieces of chicken and regular fries. He couldn't understand why I didn't want the drink as well in a meal as it was only a few pence more. I explained that as I didn't like any of the drinks on offer, I would like just what I ordered. He seemed to take an age to find the relevant buttons and asked yet again regarding the meal. At this point, I agreed to take the meal but explained that I'd just leave the drink on the counter for the customer behind me to have. He thought that I was joking until I promptly picked up the bag with fries and chicken and left the drink. As I walked out, I informed the guy in the queue behind me that he could have my drink. When the guy picked up the drink (that was all he wanted), I was called back by the duty manager to explain my actions. I explained what had happened but this time called the Pepsi "gross, it's just crap syrup watered down". He seemed quite pleased that I left quickly after I made that comment at a busy lunchtime. :)

Had a similar experience at Houston airport at a BK, maybe I'm just the world's worst customer...:D

Stuart
17-03-2008, 12:38
Had a similar experience at Houston airport at a BK, maybe I'm just the world's worst customer...:D

Try asking for a bottled drink at Subway. They insist on trying to sell you the drinks from the machine. I know it seems petty to ask for that, but when I buy a subway for Lunch, I like to buy it , then bring it back to work. I can stuff the bottle into the bag easily.

Shadow Demon UK
17-03-2008, 15:21
Try asking for a bottled drink at Subway. They insist on trying to sell you the drinks from the machine. I know it seems petty to ask for that, but when I buy a subway for Lunch, I like to buy it , then bring it back to work. I can stuff the bottle into the bag easily.

They do that because they make so much money on post mix drinks compared to bottled drinks. For most places the most expensive part of a post mix drink is the cup they pour it into which is only a few pence.

Jules
17-03-2008, 16:33
What are the bite flavours they have at the moment?

wwe
18-03-2008, 02:15
I remember freaking out a cashier in KFC by ordering just the 2 pieces of chicken and regular fries. He couldn't understand why I didn't want the drink as well in a meal as it was only a few pence more. I explained that as I didn't like any of the drinks on offer, I would like just what I ordered. He seemed to take an age to find the relevant buttons and asked yet again regarding the meal. At this point, I agreed to take the meal but explained that I'd just leave the drink on the counter for the customer behind me to have. He thought that I was joking until I promptly picked up the bag with fries and chicken and left the drink. As I walked out, I informed the guy in the queue behind me that he could have my drink. When the guy picked up the drink (that was all he wanted), I was called back by the duty manager to explain my actions. I explained what had happened but this time called the Pepsi "gross, it's just crap syrup watered down". He seemed quite pleased that I left quickly after I made that comment at a busy lunchtime. :)

hi its the same price as a meal so u might as well but if u don't want a drink u can have a side order

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

What are the bite flavours they have at the moment?

they are sweet chilli, smokey bbq, fiery pepper.

for 5 bites on there own it is 2.69
for the 5 bite meal it is 3.69

for 10 bites it is 5.19
for the 10 bite meal it is 6.19

Jules
18-03-2008, 15:26
Thanks for that :tu:

wwe
19-03-2008, 22:00
Thanks for that :tu:

its ok anytime thats what im here 4

WHISTLED
19-03-2008, 22:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJuglqChhk

Fry that chicken, fry that chicken....

wwe
26-04-2008, 01:57
hi ppl just to let u know whats new coming
the daddy burger is coming bk and will be bk for gd
there a bbq wrapstar and a bucket where u get 6 hot wings in it

i'll have more info for u soon with the prices

LSainsbury
27-04-2008, 08:45

And there was me thinking that everybody here is trying to live a healthy lifestyle!

Mr_love_monkey
27-04-2008, 11:11
And there was me thinking that everybody here is trying to live a healthy lifestyle!

a healthy lifestyle and the occasional (and I do mean occasional) portion of fast food are not mutually exclusive.

wwe
27-04-2008, 12:29
a healthy lifestyle and the occasional (and I do mean occasional) portion of fast food are not mutually exclusive.

i eat healty most of time its true i work for kfc but ive not had kfc to eat for over a year reason is becouse of all the salt in it

wwe
28-04-2008, 02:43

this new stuff start monday 28th april ill have the prices and more info soon 4 u

the bites have stopped stores car't order no more there for once the store run out thats it

Sunkissed Suzie
30-04-2008, 16:29
Burger king for a treat....but all in all they are all wrong!!!

wwe
21-05-2008, 15:20
hi people coming out soon is a twister with a fillet on it bacon chesse and a hash brown more info to come soon with the price as well

krad
23-05-2008, 16:38
TBH, I don't like the fact that the KFC restaurant is always so thick with grease, even the air, opposed to Mcdonalds and BK. They tend to be dirtier as well. I think Mcdonalds is still the best for cleanliness.

WHISTLED
23-05-2008, 18:40
TBH, I don't like the fact that the KFC restaurant is always so thick with grease, even the air, opposed to Mcdonalds and BK. They tend to be dirtier as well. I think Mcdonalds is still the best for cleanliness.

Not any more - they were rated the dirtiest last year by watchdog - Cleanest this year!

Pia
23-05-2008, 19:00
I took my son there for a kids meal yesterday....

£2.69 :o: and you don't even get a toy

wwe
08-07-2008, 03:51
hi ppl new thing coming soon its chicken on a stick and its called hot rods more info to come

kangaroosterrier
09-07-2008, 12:13
wwe, you're very into your job. I suggest you open up your own franchise, you've got the determination.

I've eaten KFC here in SA and in New Zealand. Preferred the NZ menu, though the taste was the same. Though, I remember KFC being better some 12 years ago, the coating crispier, the chicken fresher than it is today. Liked KFC much more back then, today I prefer Nando's.

On a side note, I remember reading a few years back that some students at a university in the US bought some KFC in order to do chemical analysis on the coating to uncover the blend of "11 secret herbs and spices" and finding only 3: salt, pepper and mono sodium glutamate (MSG). Can't find a link now but I'll post one if I do.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Can't find the story about the US university students anywhere, but did find two related links.

According to answerbag there's also flour. Makes sense.
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/14323

And there's a interesting thread on the origin of the recipe on the snopes.com forum:
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=25197

peanut
09-07-2008, 12:14
The best things from KFC were the BBQ spare ribs but they stopped doing them years ago (about 15+ I reckon).

Halcyon
09-07-2008, 18:17
Of all the fast food places, I'd say KFC do the best chips.