PDA

View Full Version : Would you say I got the account?

Central
25-04-2007, 21:11
I applied for a Alliance and Leicester Premier direct account.

This is the email I got back

We are delighted to let you know that your application for an Alliance &
Leicester Premier Direct Current Account has been successful and we are
now in the process of setting up your new account. You will receive
written confirmation from us through the post within the next couple of
days.

Based on the information you supplied to us we are unable to offer you an
overdraft at this time and if you applied for a Moneyback Credit Card with
your Premier Direct Current Account application, this is no longer being
progressed. However, if you use our Premier Switching Service, we may be
able to consider matching an overdraft you have with your existing bank.
Please refer to the Welcome Guide for more details on overdraft matching,
which we will send to you shortly. The Welcome Guide also contains all
the information you need to be able to manage your account.

Would you say I def got the account as I got a feeling they will say they made a mistake and then not give me a account. Crap things always happen to me.

Reason I ask is my credit is pretty crap so got a feeling they made a mistake and should of rejected me

Cheers

Nugget
25-04-2007, 21:14
We are delighted to let you know that your application for an Alliance & Leicester Premier Direct Current Account has been successful and we are now in the process of setting up your new account.

Seems cut and dried that you have - they're just telling you that there's a couple of things that you're not getting :shrug:

FWIW, my account's with the Co-op, and I didn't get an overdraft either (not that I wanted / can be trusted with one anyway!).

Central
25-04-2007, 21:15
Seems cut and dried that you have - they're just telling you that there's a couple of things that you're not getting :shrug:

FWIW, my account's with the Co-op, and I didn't get an overdraft either (not that I wanted / can be trusted with one anyway!).

Thats why I picked no as I dont think I could trust myself. But I just got a feeling that I will be rejected still as my credit is very poor.

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-04-2007, 21:16
Id say you got the account but with no credit facility. A good start, all you need now is a regular flow of cash in, paying DD's etc and shouldnt be long before you get credit offered to you

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

But I just got a feeling that I will be rejected still as my credit is very poor.

Why? Theyre not offering you credit

Central
25-04-2007, 21:17
Id say you got the account but with no credit facility. A good start, all you need now is a regular flow of cash in, paying DD's etc and shouldnt be long before you get credit offered to you

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Why? Theyre not offering you credit

I been told I would get a guarantee card with a cheque book. The account comes with a Visa Debit card

Nugget
25-04-2007, 21:18
Thats why I picked no as I dont think I could trust myself. But I just got a feeling that I will be rejected still as my credit is very poor.

M'eh, my credit was crap when I opened my account - as W & C says, they've just withheld the credit options :)

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-04-2007, 21:19
I been told I would get a guarantee card with a cheque book. The account comes with a Visa Debit card

Yes, but debit transactions are likely to be refused if you go over drawn and cheques will bounce. My advice would be to use the facilities, keep the control over it and your credit rating should go up

Central
25-04-2007, 21:20
Yes, but debit transaction are likely to be refused if you go over drawn and cheques will bounce. My advice would be to use the facilities, keep the control over it and your credit rating should go up

I will have about £1400 a month going on so should be fine

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-04-2007, 21:21
I will have about £1400 a month going on so should be fine

give it 12 months and i bet they offer you credit

Central
25-04-2007, 21:22
Does anyone have this account?

Whats it like and is it a Visa Debit card i will get or Maestro?

cheers

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-04-2007, 21:24
According to the website its a Visa Debit card

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=prem-direct-benefits&ct=premierdirhome03

you want to start recommending people, you get £50 a shot

Central
25-04-2007, 21:25
According to the website its a Visa Debit card

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=prem-direct-benefits&ct=premierdirhome03

Waiting is the worst thing in the world :D

iain_herts
25-04-2007, 21:44
i couldnt tell u what account i got with them but i started up with a electron but last year they upgraded me to a visa debit check gurennty card

awibble
26-04-2007, 08:36
if your wanting to get your credit rating up, use your card a lot, but try and leave about 200 in the account each month.

For some reason they give credit to people that have money :s

superbiatch
26-04-2007, 09:31
i couldnt tell u what account i got with them but i started up with a electron but last year they upgraded me to a visa debit check gurennty card

Electrons are a pain in the backside, but they are used initially by people who have a lower credit rating than most. With an electron your account is checked instantly to see if the funds are available (which is why only some shops oblige when trying to use it) and if not, then your purchase is declined.

A visa debit card will normally assume there is money in the account unless its a large amount for which you require a merchant number. You would normally see the assistant ringing for authorisation and the number they are given authorises your purchase.

This is what i was led to believe whilst working for a major credit card provider.

Although nothing is fool proof and i myself have had my visa debit card skimmed and used twice :erm: (so beware!)

LSainsbury
28-04-2007, 07:43
I get banks offering me credit all the time now...it becomes a pain in the 'arry!

I only take them up on 12 month 0% BT's!