PDA

View Full Version : 10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer

TheBlueRaja
25-04-2007, 16:11
Now, even though this could be seen as Russ bait of the highest magnitude im not going to say anything other than this is worth a watch by all "us" non believers out there too!

Linky... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eflabber%2Enl%2Farchief%2F0 20062%2Ephp)

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 16:13
How can it be deemed as Russ bait?

Russ has an irrational phobia of answering direct questions with direct answers :D

Xaccers
25-04-2007, 16:18
How can it be deemed as Russ bait?

Russ has an irrational phobia of answering direct questions with direct answers :D

Maybe that's why Chris T normally answers for him :D

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 16:27
Maybe that's why Chris T normally answers for him :D

Russ is obviously just a Christian apprentice, whereas Chris is clearly a seasoned master. :D

Much like the Sith.

Stuart
25-04-2007, 16:29

Actually, he does sometimes answer direct questions with direct answers. That you don't necessarily like the answers is your business, but doesn't mean he hasn't answered them.

As to the video. Well, while I don't believe in a God, and am certainly not a Christian, I'd just like to point out a couple of things:

1) The video was a complete load of tripe, and a waste of nearly 11 minutes.
2) The guy that wrote it is a complete ****, and is, in my view, as bad as any fundamentalist religious person.

Nugget
25-04-2007, 16:29
Russ is obviously just a Christian apprentice, whereas Chris is clearly a seasoned master. :D

Much like the Sith.

Oh, I dunno - seeking enlightenment by the guidance of a higher 'other' sounds more like Jedi to me :)

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 16:37

Much like the Sith.

Christian Apprentice? Now that would be a good show. At the end of it you all go into the boardroom and if your bad deeds outweigh your good ones, a booming godlike voice says....."You're Fried"

orangebird
25-04-2007, 16:39
Christian Apprentice? Now that would be a good show. At the end of it you all go into the boardroom and if your bad deeds outweigh your good ones, a booming godlike voice says....."You're Fried"

Fried???? What, in the fires of Hell?

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 16:41
Fried???? What, in the fires of Hell?

Got it in one..............

orangebird
25-04-2007, 16:43
Just listened to the recording. It was patronising, and the repetition of 'because God is imaginary' was grating, but his questions were valid and he does have a point imo.

Xaccers
25-04-2007, 16:44
As to the video. Well, while I don't believe in a God, and am certainly not a Christian, I'd just like to point out a couple of things:

2) The guy that wrote it is a complete ****, and is, in my view, as bad as any fundamentalist religious person.

Thanks for that update, rather glad I can't watch it from work now :)
Saved me 11 minutes.

Could someone list the questions?

Stuart
25-04-2007, 16:50
Saved me 11 minutes.

Well, while I was a little blunt, the video almost did persuade me to convert to Christianity purely so I could say I didn't believe the same things as the writer..

Jules
25-04-2007, 16:58
Made perfect sense to me but as a long term atheist it would :)

TheDaddy
25-04-2007, 16:59
Saved me 11 minutes.

Afraid I was in serious danger of being sick over the monitor, his simpering nasally little voice was just to much, I only got to number 2

1. Why doesn't God answer amputee's prayers and make their limb's grow back?

2. Why does God allow children to starve to death but you expect him to answer your prayers and give you a raise?

Gareth
25-04-2007, 17:02

2) The guy that wrote it is a complete ****, and is, in my view, as bad as any fundamentalist religious person.Haven't watched the video (URL filtering at work) but I'd be interested to hear your reasons why, in your opinion

1) the video was a complete load of tripe; and
2) the guy that wrote it is a complete ****.

Will try to remember to watch it at home tonight, although there's a footy match on which is much more interesting than religious GooTube videos.

SlackDad
25-04-2007, 17:04
Saved me 11 minutes.

For those who can't view the vid:

1. Why won't God heal amputees?
2. Why are there so many starving people in the world?
3. Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?
4. Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?
5. Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?
6. Why do good things happen to bad people?
7. Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the Bible leave any evidence?
8. How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?
9. Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?
10. Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

Jules
25-04-2007, 17:05
I had my speakers off so I didn't hear the fella.

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 17:08

Is it cause God is a Muslim?

Xaccers
25-04-2007, 17:09

Ta.
Again, so glad I didn't watch the vid :)

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

:rofl:

I thought he was a Sikh?

SlackDad
25-04-2007, 17:11

:D

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 17:18
Look, I'll say it.

God doesn't exist. FACT.

Note: The use of the word FACT at the end of the statement makes the statement irrefutably true.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Actually, I just re-read the thread title.

Can anyone spot the oxymoron? :D

Russ
25-04-2007, 17:26
As for the thread title, read the bible. All the answers are in there.

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 17:28
Are stupid Christians not allowed to answer? Good think Im a muslim otherwis Id be headign down to the local equal Ops tribunal......

SlackDad
25-04-2007, 17:28
Look, I'll say it.

God doesn't exist. FACT.

Note: The use of the word FACT at the end of the statement makes the statement irrefutably true.

It is a belief whether or not God exists; it is not therefore a fact.

Lord Nikon
25-04-2007, 17:37
As for the thread title, read the bible. All the answers are in there.

Russ, you have known me a while, and you know I'm not a troll, but the bible does have some pretty condemning parts in it really.

Genesis - God creates the earth, adam and eve, gives them free will, then bans them and all their descendents from the garden of eden for all eternity for exercising that free will and eating from the tree of knowlege when lured into doing so by satan...

Extreme form of punishment really... Especially when you consider that in all christian faiths children are born innocent of any sins, yet the children of God's creations were persecuted for the sins of their parents...

And that's just the first book...

Russ
25-04-2007, 17:42
Russ, you have known me a while, and you know I'm not a troll, but the bible does have some pretty condemning parts in it really.

Absolutely, you're no troll :D

Genesis - God creates the earth, adam and eve, gives them free will, then bans them and all their descendents from the garden of eden for all eternity for exercising that free will and eating from the tree of knowlege when lured into doing so by satan...

God gave them everything they could ever need, yet they still wanted more.

]Extreme form of punishment really... Especially when you consider that in all christian faiths children are born innocent of any sins, yet the children of God's creations were persecuted for the sins of their parents...

But I don't believe such children would suffer.

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 17:50
The Hand of God has struck once more........

ouch

Lord Nikon
25-04-2007, 17:58
But I don't believe such children would suffer.

I refer you to the Gospel of Matthew 2:16-18 for an example of where children did suffer. and it could be argued that, since the Garden Of Eden contained everything people could want, that every child who has suffered since then of such things as disease, starvation etc did so as a result of being denied the Garden...

Just a thought...

punky
25-04-2007, 18:03
Wow, yet another anti-religion thread.

And its been so long since the last one.

As this is isn't Current Affairs, i'll move it into lifestyle

Lord Nikon
25-04-2007, 18:10
I thought I was promoting a discussion about religion from an educated point of view, hardly anti religion at all...

Hugh
25-04-2007, 18:50
Look, I'll say it.

God doesn't exist. FACT.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Actually, I just re-read the thread title.

Definition of fact from the Oxford Compact Dictionary -
noun 1 a thing that is indisputably the case. 2 (facts) information used as evidence or as part of a report.

Just saying something doesn't make it a fact (no matter what the spin-doctors would have you believe).

Old joke to illustrate the point.
Q - how many legs does a dog have?
A - four
Q - but what if I said the tail was a leg, how many legs would the dog have then?
A - five
Q - No - four. Just because you say something, doesn't make it true. :D

Nugget
25-04-2007, 19:16

I can spot a moron :PP:

joglynne
25-04-2007, 19:40
I'm an atheist and enjoy a good argument about the existence , or not, of any gods but this video is absolute rubbish. I persevered for 7 minutes 37 seconds, and I begrudge the time wasted.

Nugget
25-04-2007, 19:46
I'm an atheist and enjoy a good argument about the existence , or not, of any gods but this video is absolute rubbish. I persevered for 7 minutes 37 seconds, and I begrudge the time wasted.

Dyed-in the-wool agnostic here, and even I'm bored with all of the God / Christian-bashing threads on here :rolleyes:

Ramrod
25-04-2007, 20:08
I'm bored with all of the God / Christian-bashing threads on here :rolleyes:With you on that! :tu:

Saaf_laandon_mo
25-04-2007, 20:18
Dyed-in the-wool agnostic here, and even I'm bored with all of the God / Christian-bashing threads on here :rolleyes:

I think we should all bash the monkey, or spank the bishop, instead........

Maggy
25-04-2007, 20:37
Well I can't judge because as usual the link doesn't work for me...it keeps timing out.:rolleyes:

marky
25-04-2007, 21:06
It proves one thing, if it was about the muslim religion there would be effigis on the streets by now :disturbd:
But no, its a dig at christians and we dont detonate at petty fools ;)

Stuart
25-04-2007, 21:23
Haven't watched the video (URL filtering at work) but I'd be interested to hear your reasons why, in your opinion

1) the video was a complete load of tripe; and
2) the guy that wrote it is a complete ****.

Will try to remember to watch it at home tonight, although there's a footy match on which is much more interesting than religious GooTube videos.

As I said, I did phrase that a little strongly. But, I do consider the video to be a load of tripe as the guy was taking his own beliefs, and presenting them as facts. I consider him a **** (beings and ends in T and is a slang word for part of a woman) as I found him patronising enough to actually be offensive.

Chris
25-04-2007, 21:39
Good evening, my young padawans. :D

Sorry I don't have time to answer right now, but I' preparing a sermon on Jonah for this Sunday. Or rather I should be, right at the moment I'm being distracted by CF as usual.

In the meantime, I expect it should be fairly easy to get a Christian response to all of those questions with only a little help from Google. Anyone who's genuinely interested in the answers should be able to find them quite quickly.

TTFN. :) :angel:

Ramrod
25-04-2007, 21:55
In the meantime, I expect it should be fairly easy to get a Christian response to all of those questions with only a little help from Google. Anyone who's genuinely interested in the answers should be able to find them quite quickly.

TTFN. :) :angel:Actually, the christian responses were arrayed to the left of that video on youtube but I have to say that they were rather weak and didn't really seem to answer the points as they were raised....

SlackDad
25-04-2007, 22:04
Actually, the christian responses were arrayed to the left of that video on youtube but I have to say that they were rather weak and didn't really seem to answer the points as they were raised....

I'm still stuck on question 1. :D

Nugget
25-04-2007, 22:16
I'm still stuck on question 1. :D

That's 'cos you're a heathen :D

SlackDad
25-04-2007, 22:28
That's 'cos you're a heathen :D

Indeed :D

Maggy
26-04-2007, 00:15
Finally got the link to work..He's a bit of a pendant isn't he?Tends to emphasise some points a little too much.Mind he was very inclusive as to the jobs that require critical analysis..I began to get weary of his hectoring style in less than 3 minutes at which point I gave up.It wasn't anything I've not heard before and it's nothing I couldn't have come up with on my own...I got past that stage as an athiest many years ago.Even then I wouldn't have gone making stuff like this anyway because I've long since wanted to change the world because I can't.
Now I don't care what others believe or don't believe provided I'm not forced to be part of anyone else's belief system.

Youtube have got a lot to answer for when everyone can get up on their petty spiteful soapbox so easily.At least at Speakers Corner the audience can have a more direct interaction.Writing messages to the message board seems so tame in comparison to actually telling someone he's a pillock in real life.:rolleyes: