PDA

View Full Version : Non cable Virgin Media broadband

domo247
24-04-2007, 19:29
It looks like at my new address that I will need to use non-cable broadband.
Virgins seem to be quite repeatable and its unlimited - don’t make this thread an argument about the usage of the term ‘unlimitedâ €™ please.

Any comments on non-cable virgin broadband? Any much better not too worried about cost at this stage.

Also virgin offer Unlimited Broadband & Talk does that mean I don’t need to liaise with BT to sort out my new phone line etc?

So for instance:
Sky for Digital TV
Virgin for my non cable broadband & telephone.

Thanks for the help guys.

fireman328
24-04-2007, 19:54
I moved to a non cabled area from a cabled area, I decided to continue using Virgin media. I ordered on line and was given an activation date. The modem arrived within 3 days and I bought a router On the date specified at about midday I fired it up and it has been running without fault since.
One thing that for me is a downer, from about 4 pm to 7 pm there is a noticable slow down. Otherwise I am very pleased with the service.

;) ;)

superbiatch
24-04-2007, 20:07
I can't complain either, pretty alright speeds most of the time - although that will depend on how close you are to the local BT exchange :)

Btw, there is no faffing around with BT - VM do it all for you, just make sure you wait for your activation date on both calls and internet (they may be different!). I managed to run up a HUGE phone bill thinking they started at the same time :(

mrstottie
26-04-2007, 00:19
I can't complain either, pretty alright speeds most of the time - although that will depend on how close you are to the local BT exchange :)

Btw, there is no faffing around with BT - VM do it all for you, just make sure you wait for your activation date on both calls and internet (they may be different!). I managed to run up a HUGE phone bill thinking they started at the same time :(

Indeed - use the Order Checker on the Virgin Media site.

Speeds are also dependant on your exchange, and specifically whether or not your exchange's virtual paths are running acceptably. You can check this out on Plusnet's website at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/.

Mark.