PDA

View Full Version : Installation: Upgrade of service

poochop
24-04-2007, 17:21
Hi all, I am hoping that one of the customer service people who frequent this forum might be able to answer a question for me.
I have been with ntl now virgin for a number of years. A week or so ago we called CS to get the service upgraded to the vip 85 pound package. No problems with this and a date of the 3/5 has been set for the v+ install.
However I have an old motorola 3100 modem which I have since learned is not capable of the 10m service. I have called asking if a new modem could be supplied at the same time as the V+ install, killing two birds with one stone. I was told no , some issue with work orders and dates and was given a seperate date of the 9th for the modem install. The chap on the phone was apologetic about the problem and said he had applied a discount for the next 3 months to the broadband bill. It seems common sense to me that both are done on the same day and i was surprised they could not amend the original work order request to include this requirement. I don't mind waiting if thats what it takes as at least i have broadband but would prefer not to take 2 half days of work. Can anyone comment? thanks

Nikesh
24-04-2007, 17:29
See if you can get them to send you a new modem in the post. :)

Paul H
24-04-2007, 17:32
So you'll be paying for a package which includes 10Mb broadband. you have informed them that the modem you already have is not capable of 10Mb. which they already know that it isn't anyway. and they refuse to bring out a modem that is capable of the 10Mb even though they will be bringing all the other equipment that is part of your package with them on the day?

:mad:

poochop
24-04-2007, 17:38
wow, that is some quick replies. Yes that about sums it up. I must admit at the time i did not realise my surfboard would not handle 10m when i got the upgrade to the vip package. However they did not check or ask what modem i presently have. It was only when i noticed that the speed had been upgraded , but seemingly capped at around 5m that i did a bit of digging and realised the modem is not capable of the 10m speed. I had hoped that they would agree to giving a new modem at the same date v+ is to be installed as opposed to a seperate install date, but it seems that is not to be. Would i be better logging it as a fault and asking for a new modem to be posted?

Nikesh
24-04-2007, 17:47
When the engineer comes round to fit the V+HD box ask him if he can swap the modem over at the same time.