PDA

View Full Version : Vm connection slow

Sirpingalot
23-04-2007, 23:15
My 10mb Vm connection has been particularly slow these past few days.

I've generally been achieving somewhere in the region of 2 - 5mb/s during the evenings and 6 - 9mb/s during the day, when just last week all was a constant 10mb/s.

I'm in the NW area, near Chester - could this be representative of a service update, ie. 20mb/s being implemented.

Thanks,
Michael

on in an hour!
24-04-2007, 12:06
hi michael,youve probably seen it by now but if you havent theres quite a shall we say heated debate rambling on about your question on the thread named '10mbs being downgraded in the evening' have a look,some people are proper losing it..ha ha. :D

arcamalpha2004
24-04-2007, 12:42
hi michael,youve probably seen it by now but if you havent theres quite a shall we say heated debate rambling on about your question on the thread named '10mbs being downgraded in the evening' have a look,some people are proper losing it..ha ha. :D

And are people wrong to " lose it " over something they pay good money for and do not get? Looks like you do work for vm ;)
Michael, get onto faults and report it, good luck, the only alternative as some would have you believe is to move provider, that is the opinion of the previous poster too, which looking like they work for vm is alarming.

EYEZ
24-04-2007, 15:35
Hi Michael : )
Im also on 10MB and i get nowhere near 1 meg anytime !!!
My fastest connection has been 76k for Months now. ( Rant Over :mad: )
I not being Rude but id be happy with 4-6 meg anytime........:)

Being in Devon seem's like its been forgotten about,like some other areas of the UK.

Cheers
Ross

Sirpingalot
24-04-2007, 16:24
Thanks for the replies =] I've only been with them a week or so, and just last week all was fine. Right now, on www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk I'm getting 9884, but I just know that it'll go down later on. I just hope once 20mb is the standard, all is fine!

Paul H
24-04-2007, 16:28
Thanks for the replies =] I've only been with them a week or so, and just last week all was fine. Right now, on www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk (http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk) I'm getting 9884, but I just know that it'll go down later on. I just hope once 20mb is the standard, all is fine!

I'd say it will be the complete opposite when the 20Mb starts. things will get worse :(

Sirpingalot
24-04-2007, 16:40
I've been very cautious downloading things on the VM vonnection, as Tiscali's FUP policy seemed very strict (I was on it after two weeks).

What is the limit before throttling is imposed? Is it, say, 20 minutes of continuous downloading, or a certain amount of data, say, 1gB?

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

I really can't believe they're considering making 20mb/s the standard, though, when they have difficulty providing a smooth 10mb/s service. I'd just prefer a stable 10mb/s service.

thepcwizard
24-04-2007, 21:58
i am on the same vm as sirpingalot, he thinks much to the opposite of me as he does many tests on the broadband; this is the only way in which he can detect the speed of the broadband, where as if you never do a test you and the broadband company never throttles the broadband to the speed of dail up you won't be able to moan at the company.

Sirpingalot
24-04-2007, 22:01
I lol'd, and I lol'd. You're a funny person, Phillip.

on in an hour!
25-04-2007, 20:59
And are people wrong to " lose it " over something they pay good money for and do not get? Looks like you do work for vm ;)
Michael, get onto faults and report it, good luck, the only alternative as some would have you believe is to move provider, that is the opinion of the previous poster too, which looking like they work for vm is alarming.
alarming it may be,but theres many among me and my colleagues who would love just to pay your subscription to sky and get you off our backs for good,moaning for moanings sake,bleeting about anything and everything just to stir up ****.well blow it out of your **** m8 cause for every 1 of you there are thousands of happy customers.good night and good bye,i will never again rise to your contentious BS posts,live happily in sky and bt heaven....NOT. :mad: