PDA

View Full Version : Help! Installer left me PIn but no serial number!

pop80_uk
23-04-2007, 14:32
Please help!

The installer of my Broadband has left me a PIN number but no Serial number so I can not complete the registration process! I have been left a Blue modem and am trying to register without the CD although even with the CD it asks for the serial number.
Can anyone help???:confused:

Please! :tu: Thanks;)

bopdude
23-04-2007, 14:37
Isn't the serial number on the sticker on the bottom of the modem ???

Fingy
23-04-2007, 14:54
You could try ntl-ct7-cj485 or ntl-ct8-cj486.

I think one of those should work.

pop80_uk
23-04-2007, 15:10
Isn't the serial number on the sticker on the bottom of the modem ???

Nope none of the codes on the modem worked!:( or even fitted into the slot:(

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

You could try ntl-ct7-cj485 or ntl-ct8-cj486.

I think one of those should work.

Thanks! I shall try them! ;)

NTLVictim
23-04-2007, 15:25
And again...sorry folks, but this scenario (or one like it) crops up again and again, and has done for yonks...if they can't get this simple procedure right, what chance have we got?

colin-bennett
23-04-2007, 21:48
And again...sorry folks, but this scenario (or one like it) crops up again and again, and has done for yonks...if they can't get this simple procedure right, what chance have we got?

That info will help get this resolved ?????

NTLVictim
23-04-2007, 22:05
That info will help get this resolved ?????

It will if the right people are reading it, and therefore can do something to prevent it happening to other punters, and also take an unnecessary load off VM CS.....pardon me for breathing.

colin-bennett
23-04-2007, 22:47
It will if the right people are reading it, and therefore can do something to prevent it happening to other punters, and also take an unnecessary load off VM CS.....pardon me for breathing.
I do not mind you breathing. getting involved in threads without any attempt to help and indeed only make the situation worse is what I was refering to..

NTLVictim
24-04-2007, 08:16
How have I made it worse?

on in an hour!
24-04-2007, 11:49
Please help!

The installer of my Broadband has left me a PIN number but no Serial number so I can not complete the registration process! I have been left a Blue modem and am trying to register without the CD although even with the CD it asks for the serial number.
Can anyone help???:confused:

Please! :tu: Thanks;)
did you get it sorted? the Nos as someone previously said are ntl-ct8-cj486,hope youve cracked it now. ;)

pop80_uk
24-04-2007, 14:30
did you get it sorted? the Nos as someone previously said are ntl-ct8-cj486,hope youve cracked it now. ;)

Not yet, tried the codes supplied but neither worked, I called VM CS and they said it was a new procedure to stop fraud and they would call me back! So who knows!?! :(

Fingy
24-04-2007, 18:20
Not yet, tried the codes supplied but neither worked, I called VM CS and they said it was a new procedure to stop fraud and they would call me back! So who knows!?! :(

What, by stopping you using it? Tad drastic imho! ;)

lostandconfused
25-04-2007, 10:34
the serial number is a new name for the MAC. try typing that in instead, its on the bottom of the cable modem

Nedkelly
25-04-2007, 11:11
I take it this has not been sorted yet .I have been sorting a lot of these lately .There seems to be a lot of these with vista as the disc left will not work the tech should leavea leaflet telling you how to reg the modem manually but we know that this is not been done :)