PDA

View Full Version : Wipe once and save the world....

Salu
23-04-2007, 13:01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm

Singer Sheryl Crow has said the amount of toilet paper we use should be limited to help the environment.

Crow suggests using "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required".

Maybe I should have posted this in humour.....?

Paul K
23-04-2007, 13:02
Well if they adopt this method then I would whole heartedly suggest that nail clippers and nail files are kept beside all toilets ;)

bopdude
23-04-2007, 13:20
What happened to 1 up 1 down and 1 to polish :D

Deffo no good after a night on Guiness ;)

Halcyon
23-04-2007, 13:30
Forget toilet paper.....why not be even greener and use a big leaf instead.
biodegradable and plenty of them around on trees. :D

Paul K
23-04-2007, 13:32
How many trees have you got in your toilet Halcyon???? :p:

bopdude
23-04-2007, 13:34

How many trees would you have to kill to make that work :D sure it's greener ? :D

Delta Whiskey
23-04-2007, 13:41
We could all start using terry nappies.

DW

peanut
23-04-2007, 13:44
Wipe once when you have Crohn's Disease.

:p: :p: :disturbd: :disturbd: :p: :p:

I have stocks and share in Andrex, 1 roll per visit, lol. One wipe, my ar**. :LOL:

Xaccers
23-04-2007, 14:47
We could do as kings did and use swan necks.
Or maybe I can wipe mine with Crow's neck...

MovedGoalPosts
23-04-2007, 14:50

What about winter when the big leaves ahd fallen and all you can get is the needles from your Christmas Tree :eek:

Salu
23-04-2007, 15:03
What about winter when the big leaves ahd fallen and all you can get is the needles from your Christmas Tree :eek:

It would be a pine in the ar5e.....

Nugget
23-04-2007, 15:09
It would be a pine in the ar5e.....

Rather that than a yule log :sick:

awibble
23-04-2007, 15:31
why not just use the three sea shells, that would solve the problem.

Xaccers
23-04-2007, 15:41
why not just use the three sea shells, that would solve the problem.

So does swearing lots ;)

awibble
23-04-2007, 16:11
So does swearing lots ;)

You saying you dont know how to use them....

HAHAHA :D

Taf
23-04-2007, 16:16
Phall ... it doesn't touch the sides on the way out.... self-cauterizing too...

Stuart
23-04-2007, 16:34
How many trees have you got in your toilet Halcyon???? :p:

Halcyon's next door neighbour's kid: "Mum, that man from next door is running around wiping his bum on the trees and plants again"...

greencreeper
23-04-2007, 18:59
Dogs wipe their arses on the grass, so maybe the answer is to grass your bathroom floor :erm:

Hom3r
23-04-2007, 19:14
Dogs wipe their arses on the grass, so maybe the answer is to grass your bathroom floor :erm:
visit a mats house and use theres

peanut
23-04-2007, 19:20
what they used to do in the war (alledgedly), is to

1. Get 1 square of paper, put it in the palm of your hand.
2. Poke your middle finger though the middle of the paper.
3. When you wipe, use your middle finger to scoop. :shocked:
4. When done, pull the paper over your finger, at the same time wiping your finger clean.
5. Pull pants up and hope for the best. :D (Glad they didn't have KFC in those days). :disturbd:

Maggy
23-04-2007, 19:23
Install a bidet?

I love Sherl Crow but I really don't need advice from her on green issues...:rolleyes:

peanut
23-04-2007, 19:25
Install a bidet?

I love Sherl Crow but I really don't need advice from her on green issues...:rolleyes:

Or Brown. :D

Hom3r
23-04-2007, 19:56
What a load of C*&p:disturbd:

Halcyon
23-04-2007, 21:37
Halcyon's next door neighbour's kid: "Mum, that man from next door is running around wiping his bum on the trees and plants again"...

Shhhh, don't tell everyone. :D

Russ
23-04-2007, 21:41
Sheryl Crow has evidently never been to the Shah Tandoori Restaurant in Port Talbot. You're on a 3-roll minimum with those guys.

homealone
23-04-2007, 21:51
Nostalgia nerve tingled when I read this story - I spent many a 'happy' hour tearing the 'Daily Sketch' into neat squares to hang on the hook in the outside lavvy - and felt entitled to use as much as I liked, by dint of that labour. Only posh kids had bronco - the main advantage being there was no print to rub off ;)

Vlad_Dracul
24-04-2007, 22:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm

Maybe I should have posted this in humour.....?

May i suggest that for a thorough job, the wet wipe variety are much better and kinder. No job is complete until the paperwork is done !

On a similar thread,,,I do know that certain people are squeamish about going on hols to places like Greece or Turkey and we know why dont we? But think about it, they have the right approach. Dont put anything down the loo that you havent eaten first.

Here in this conutry we do and what happens? It has to be filtered out at the other end. Far better if all such items were bagged and binned instead of being flushed.

Xaccers
25-04-2007, 11:31
what they used to do in the war (alledgedly), is to

1. Get 1 square of paper, put it in the palm of your hand.
2. Poke your middle finger though the middle of the paper.
3. When you wipe, use your middle finger to scoop. :shocked:
4. When done, pull the paper over your finger, at the same time wiping your finger clean.
5. Pull pants up and hope for the best. :D (Glad they didn't have KFC in those days). :disturbd:

Wasn't just the war, 16 years ago at army cadets were were told to do that.
You fold the paper into 4, then tear off the folded corner and keep it safe and clean.
This leaves a hole in the middle of the paper for your finger.
Wipe, then use the tissue to clean off your finger, and the bit you tore off to clean under your fingernail.
Most of us too the other option, plenty of AB or BB (**** blocker or bum blocker) buscuits, that kept you blocked up for days.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Far better if all such items were bagged and binned instead of being flushed.

Yes, because it's sooo much better to have human excrement lying around the house.

MovedGoalPosts
25-04-2007, 11:39
On a similar thread,,,I do know that certain people are squeamish about going on hols to places like Greece or Turkey and we know why dont we? But think about it, they have the right approach. Dont put anything down the loo that you havent eaten first.

Here in this conutry we do and what happens? It has to be filtered out at the other end. Far better if all such items were bagged and binned instead of being flushed.

Is that really environmentally friendly? All those plastic bags dumped, which will never degrade, and probably take at least as much energy to produce as using filtration at the sewerage plant?

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 12:14
There's 2 sides to each sheet of loo paper, so why not use one side on your first visit, hang it up, then use the second side on your next visit?

MovedGoalPosts
25-04-2007, 12:16
There's 2 sides to each sheet of loo paper, so why not use one side on your first visit, hang it up, then use the second side on your next visit?

:sick:

That's a worse suggestion than the Japanese invention of six sided pants a few years ago :disturbd:

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 12:20
:sick:

That's a worse suggestion than the Japanese invention of six sided pants a few years ago :disturbd:

Best solution is to not wipe at all. Just wait for it to harden then pick it off.

Maggy
25-04-2007, 13:39
Nostalgia nerve tingled when I read this story - I spent many a 'happy' hour tearing the 'Daily Sketch' into neat squares to hang on the hook in the outside lavvy - and felt entitled to use as much as I liked, by dint of that labour. Only posh kids had bronco - the main advantage being there was no print to rub off ;)

Yep I remember that chore all too well. ;)

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Best solution is to not wipe at all. Just wait for it to harden then pick it off.

Only for those of us without a hairy anus..;)

Action Jackson
25-04-2007, 13:52
Only for those of us without a hairy anus..;)

I Veet mine regularly.

bjorkiii
25-04-2007, 14:06
Drink a combination of newcastle brown ale and stella artois you will find it comes out in a liquid form, then just use a tea towel. If u still feel damp i always wait till everythings happened then wiggle then stand up and get another bottle.

Xaccers
25-04-2007, 14:59
Best solution is to not wipe at all.

Reminds me of an old Naked Video sketch where a guy comes out of the gents and bumps into an old pal, shaking his hand.

guy: Oh sorry, am I a wee bit wet still?
pal: yeah, have they run out of paper towels again?
guy: yeah, that's why I did nae bother washing my hands.