PDA

View Full Version : Is V Mobile good?

whitwori
23-04-2007, 11:55
Thinking of getting the missus a £10 sim.

Is it good value?

Beleive the unused mins & texts roll over?

Whats the network coverage like?

She currently has a Samsung locked on O2, how easy to unlock?

Can it be unlocked without going to a market stall etc?

robertylee
23-04-2007, 14:00
bought eldest daughter a £10 sim - 300 mins and 300 texts per month for a tenner. Had old phone unlocked at local market for a fiver. no problems at all with service - can log on to see bill online to see how many minutes/texts are remaining at any one time. she gets a text once a month from virgin to say when they have all been reset and how many have been carried over. I can also check numbers she is calling and what times!

Can definitely recommed it. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Halcyon
23-04-2007, 14:29
It was definately the cheapest I could find when I got mine a year ago.
It seems to be quite good :tu:

bmxbandit
23-04-2007, 15:09
unused minutes/texts roll over for 1 month (i.e. for the 300/300 deal, you could have 600 of each at most at any one time...)

Nugget
23-04-2007, 15:12
I'd recommend V Mobile - I was with them for about 2 years, and the only reason I've changed is cos pretty much everyone I know is on O2 :)

Oh, and according to my mate who's been with O2 for years, their phones don't tend to be locked to the network, so it might be worth trying the new SIM in it anyway :tu:

RUSTY
23-04-2007, 16:51
been with V mobile since day one, first class.

andyuk1
01-05-2007, 15:29
I have Virgin Mobile and have found the reception to be bad in my area. However you do get free voicemail.

luckybleeder
01-05-2007, 15:46
Reception is pretty poor here as well. Not too bad when i'm at home but i get no signal at work or in my friends house which is 15 minutes away by foot?

SMHarman
01-05-2007, 17:11
I'd recommend V Mobile - I was with them for about 2 years, and the only reason I've changed is cos pretty much everyone I know is on O2 :)

Oh, and according to my mate who's been with O2 for years, their phones don't tend to be locked to the network, so it might be worth trying the new SIM in it anyway :tu:If you move to the post pay it is fantastic as the chip never expires, but for a teen prepay is probably better for the managing the cost of a phone.
O2 and Voda historically don't lock their handsets, though as they are customizing them more this might be changing.

tweetypie/8
04-05-2007, 13:22
:tu: :tu: Thinking of getting the missus a £10 sim.

Is it good value?

Beleive the unused mins & texts roll over?

Whats the network coverage like?

She currently has a Samsung locked on O2, how easy to unlock?

Can it be unlocked without going to a market stall etc?

been with them 7yrs now and absolutley no regrets.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

:tu: :tu:

been with them 7yrs now and absolutley no regrets.

Graham F
04-05-2007, 18:08
V Mobile offer a very good service IMO :)

Rapid Dr3am
05-05-2007, 11:44
I like them I don't use it much I'm on o2 mainly but my VM phone works great and is cheap too.

chickendippers
06-05-2007, 13:29
Virgin Mobile certainly has the best customer service I've experienced. I've been with Fresh (from Carphone Warehouse) and Orange in the past, and after not being able to get through to customer service from either company I was pleasantly surprised to get straight through to Virgin Mobile :)

They thoroughly deserve the best customer service awards they've won for several years in a row! As far as I know they are still based in separate call centres from the ex-ntl:Telewest services.

sstainer
11-05-2007, 17:26
Virgin mobile is a very good mobile service had no problems with them at all in over 6 years service well worth the money also they have some decent mobiles to buy on offer.

free voicemail, 3p texts from one virgin to another , bility to check with ease credit and other details
awards system for credit applied to mobile 10£ for every £100 spent
so by time you spent £300 thats a new mobile maybe [yeah ok admit a cheap one , maybe backup]

in all offer 10/10 for them,

Toto
11-05-2007, 17:54
I've heard they are superb.

I also like Virgin Money, I have their credit card, and a couple of other services with them. Customer service is A1, and calls go straight through.

:tu:

mr-mann
13-05-2007, 17:16
Virgin Mobile is quite good.

Im on Pay As You Go, and it all seems very good!

Chorlton
13-05-2007, 21:20
I've been on the £10 tariff for about a year now and my only complaint is that the T-Mobile network (as used by Virgin) doesn't seem to have the same coverage as some other networks. It's particularly bad in our house, but as I mainly use it elsewhere it's more of a niggle than anything else. In general it's cheap and I'm happy with it.

Tom

Nedkelly
13-05-2007, 21:48
Yhe big problem around here is the poor reception fine in the town very poor in the country:)

papa smurf
13-05-2007, 22:44
as a virgin employee i can in all honesty say ORANGE is the dogs wotsits never let me down, great cover,nice people to do buisiness with ,virgin mobile needs more transmiters coverage is verry patchy.

Nedkelly
13-05-2007, 22:49
The install contractors in this aera have got rid of T mobile as there mobile provider .Because of poor coverage in the country and VM not being able to get hold of supervisors and techs in certain aeras .One big mistake VM has made is that they are using t mobile in the trackers for the vans .This will cause problems in some areas as they can not poll the sytem to see where the van is ? This aera has big holes in the t mobile network :)

papa smurf
13-05-2007, 22:50
The install contractors in this aera have got rid of T mobile as there mobile provider .Because of poor coverage in the country and VM not being able to get hold of supervisors and techs in certain aeras .One big mistake VM has made is that they are using t mobile in the trackers for the vans .This will cause problems in some areas as they can not poll the sytem to see where the van is ? This aera has big holes in the t mobile network :)

thats a good thing ned:tu: :tu:

Nedkelly
13-05-2007, 23:02
Yes it is it came from the bloke who installed it :tu:

virginmedia
24-05-2007, 19:44
Virgin Mobile is brilliant but the signal needs improving a lot.