PDA

View Full Version : Northampton 20Mb yet

oleum
23-04-2007, 02:26
I am still on 10Mb. Any news on When 20Mb goes live here or has...?

If you get it please post nd let us know.

dayloon
23-04-2007, 07:08
I am still on 10Mb. Any news on When 20Mb goes live here or has...?

If you get it please post nd let us know.

Well they're not officially starting until May and they haven't released the schedule yet so your guess is as good as anyone else's I suppose.

Paul K
23-04-2007, 07:29
It will happen when it happens. There are no timetables or guidelines but yet again there will no doubt be hundreds of.... "No 20Mb" threads for the next 3-4 months. If nothing else people are persistant in their impatience for their free upgrades.

ferretuk
23-04-2007, 10:42
It will happen when it happens. There are no timetables or guidelines but yet again there will no doubt be hundreds of.... "No 20Mb" threads for the next 3-4 months. If nothing else people are persistant in their impatience for their free upgrades.

Free? As discussed to death elsewhere it's a £2/month increase in the monthly fee from May 1st irrespective of whether you've been upgraded or not and with no option to 'opt out'.

If you take other services other than just broadband you are creditted with the £2 meaning the the net effect is a 'free' upgrade but if you're still on 10Mb after May 1st surely you ought to be paying £2 less until you are however your 'bundle' is calculated?

US.M@JORHAZZARD
23-04-2007, 16:13
for info regarding service upgrades i suggest you look here http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/servicestatus/ if they are working in or around your respective areas chances are you may get upgraded "NOT A DEFINATE" but it should stop all the "has XXXXXXX been upgraded yet"...

I personally can't see what you all get so excited about as you will get upgraded when you get upgraded, getting all bent outa shape ain't gonna get you it any quicker...

Hex
23-04-2007, 16:55
Free? As discussed to death elsewhere it's a £2/month increase in the monthly fee from May 1st irrespective of whether you've been upgraded or not and with no option to 'opt out'.

That's where you're wrong, The speed upgrade and the price upgrade are not one and the same. The price of the XL package goes up by £2 on the first of may, regardless of speed. The 20mb upgrade was only scheduled to begin in may to stop a lot of people complaining about the price increase.

So you are paying £2 extra for a package, which just happens to be getting a free upgrade sometime soon. Not many people actually realise this tho.

oleum
23-04-2007, 17:47
So rather than stay on topic ;) we are all bent out of shape wondering. Thank you to the poster who added the useful service link though. It will give me somewhere to look.

The fact that as of 1st May the price on XL rises, yet no service improvements occur is reason to become impatient. It was certainly not sold to customers in the letter as a separate price rise unlinked to the speed upgrade. Pretty soon you'll be saying that it is coincidence that its the same date for the roll out of 20Mb and the price rise.

So you are paying £2 extra for a package, which just happens to be getting a free upgrade sometime soon. Not many people actually realise this tho.

Exactly, to stop people complaining?

Anyway, my question was and still is to anyone in the Northampton area.

Hex
23-04-2007, 18:06
Anyway, my question was and still is to anyone in the Northampton area.

VM have a page set aside for the roll-out schedule, but as of yet still haven't posted any dates.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/q2/speed_rollout.html

oleum
25-04-2007, 17:14
OK I won't post again until it is to confirm that this area is upgraded .
Thanks

Logan
08-08-2007, 14:49
Northampton is now dated. August. Were the last to be done lol!

janipewter
08-08-2007, 14:52
I bet yours is done before mine (Plymouth) ;)

DocDutch
08-08-2007, 14:58
I cant wait till the 20meg hope it comes soon :) but checking on the service status and there I cant see any network upgrades being done in Northants.