PDA

View Full Version : Already charging £37

Paul H
22-04-2007, 15:29
People are getting bills for £37 broadband when they haven't got the 20Mb upgrade yet. it was supposed to be £37 if you just had broadband and no other services. but people who have other services are being charged the £37 on their bills. another big cock up with billing for some to have to go through again.

AndrewJ
22-04-2007, 15:37
It's £2... not really going to inflate the bank to critical, I can see your point however.

Paul H
22-04-2007, 15:42
It's £2... not really going to inflate the bank to critical, I can see your point however.

It's £2 more than what you should have to pay! :Yikes:

an extra £200 wouldn't hurt my bank but I'd still ask them for it back when they've finished earning interest on it.

JohnHorb
22-04-2007, 15:46
Changes to our Broadband Size: XL service

On 1st May 2007 the price for Broadband Size: XL will go up from £35 to £37 per month
The good news is that from May onwards we'll also be rolling out a programme to increase the speed of the Size: XL service from 10Mb to up to 20Mb*.From the VM web site. It is the Broadband XL which goes to £37 from 1st May, so this may well affect people recieving bills now. There is no mention of the increase only applying to 'broadband only' customers, though some posts on CF indicate it will not apply to the VIP package (and possibly not the other bundles, though I've not seen anything about that).

The Broadband XL package upgrade to 20MB will 'officially' start to be rolled out from 1st May (though I see some people already have it).

As usual, during the rollout period, there will be countless posts on here to the effect 'why am I paying £37 for 10MB when others are getting 20MB for the same price', but I guess we are used to that by now.:erm:

byron_hinson
22-04-2007, 15:59
yeah thought things were supposed to get better under Virgin. They were supposed to turn my account into a direct debit one for the last 5 months and yet still they can't do it, they keep telling me my back needs to sanction it, yet they have done and it shows up on my DD stuff! I give up!

AntiSilence
22-04-2007, 16:00
On the letter I got from them, the price is going up from May 1st, and from May onwards they're upgrading it to 20Mb. Same as what it says on the website.

byron_hinson
22-04-2007, 16:01

Shouldn't matter if its a 1p more, if the service isn't out yet for customers they shouldn't be charged more, work out £2 over all the customers they have and you'll see why people should complain.

JohnHorb
22-04-2007, 16:03
Shouldn't matter if its a 1p more, if the service isn't out yet for customers they shouldn't be charged more, work out £2 over all the customers they have and you'll see why people should complain.

As predicted in post #4;)

Paul H
22-04-2007, 16:05
From the VM web site. It is the Broadband XL which goes to £37 from 1st May, so this may well affect people recieving bills now. There is no mention of the increase only applying to 'broadband only' customers, though some posts on CF indicate it will not apply to the VIP package (and possibly not the other bundles, though I've not seen anything about that).

Wasn't it that only those with one service (broadband) would have the £2 price rise. those on VIP and other services won't have the £2 price rise.
That's what everyone always said it was in the virgin groups. until now that some are saying they have been charged the £2 when they shouldn't have.

Marge
22-04-2007, 16:06
As customers are billed in advance for their services then they would be charged the increase on Aprils bill

Paul H
22-04-2007, 16:09

I wonder if by accepting and paying the £2 constitutes your acceptance to the throttling of the 20Mb? :)

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

As customers are billed in advance for their services then they would be charged the increase on Aprils bill

Some people might not get the 20Mb until it's rolled out to them. it's not all going to happen in one day. so they could be paying £2 in advance for something they might get use of just before they get billed for the next month.

JohnHorb
22-04-2007, 16:10
Wasn't it that only those with one service (broadband) would have the £2 price rise. those on VIP and other services won't have the £2 price rise.
That's what everyone always said it was in the virgin groups. until now that some are saying they have been charged the £2 when they shouldn't have.

I've not seen anything 'official' on whether or not any of the 'bundle' prices are increasing, only speculation that the VIP price would NOT be (but there is a post elsewhere from someone who HAS been charged the increase on the VIP package - remains to be seen whether this was an error.)

pswirly
22-04-2007, 16:11
The price increase is for everyone, whether or not you have a special offer or not. However, those on the VIP package (£85.00 per month) will have an increase of the discount which brings their total package to £85.00 in order for no interruption in the pricing.

Also, it was not specifically £37 for 20mb, but rather £37 for XL, which just happens to be on the verge of an increase from 10mb to 20mb.

dev
22-04-2007, 16:17
Some people might not get the 20Mb until it's rolled out to them. it's not all going to happen in one day. so they could be paying £2 in advance for something they might get use of just before they get billed for the next month.

the £2 isn't for an extra 10Mb its just they are happening at the same time, if the speed wasn't being increased it would still have gone up by the £2

JohnHorb
22-04-2007, 16:17
The price increase is for everyone, whether or not you have a special offer or not. However, those on the VIP package (£85.00 per month) will have an increase of the discount which brings their total package to £85.00 in order for no interruption in the pricing.

Also, it was not specifically £37 for 20mb, but rather £37 for XL, which just happens to be on the verge of an increase from 10mb to 20mb.

Thanks for the clarification on the VIP price.

The latter point always makes for an increase on posts here every time there is a speed increase.

JohnHorb
22-04-2007, 16:21
the £2 isn't for an extra 10Mb its just they are happening at the same time, if the speed wasn't being increased it would still have gone up by the £2

Doubtful, to be honest, but it would be impractical for VM to stagger the rollout AND only increase individual's prices as their speed was increased. £2 is not unreasonable for a doubling of speed, but plenty of people will complain - look at how many complained about the 1p rounding up.

dev
22-04-2007, 16:24
Doubtful, to be honest, but it would be impractical for VM to stagger the rollout AND only increase individual's prices as their speed was increased. £2 is not unreasonable for a doubling of speed, but plenty of people will complain - look at how many complained about the 1p rounding up.

true, but as i said, we aren't paying the increase in price to gain us the speed increase, they are 2 independant things happening at the same time. if it was advertised as an increase in price to gain the speed increase i'd agree with a staggered price increase inline with the speed increase

Toto
22-04-2007, 16:50
People are getting bills for £37 broadband when they haven't got the 20Mb upgrade yet. it was supposed to be £37 if you just had broadband and no other services. but people who have other services are being charged the £37 on their bills. another big cock up with billing for some to have to go through again.

I've had the 20Mb increase but not been billed the extra yet.

And no, accepting the £2 increase doesn't mean you accept any shaping, you are already subject to that by virtue of the User Policy and Terms and Conditions.

on in an hour!
22-04-2007, 16:58
I've had the 20Mb increase but not been billed the extra yet.

And no, accepting the £2 increase doesn't mean you accept any shaping, you are already subject to that by virtue of the User Policy and Terms and Conditions.
if you req clarity on shaping and traffic restrictions etc,see my post #67 on the 10 meg being slowed down thread ;)

Toto
22-04-2007, 20:18
if you req clarity on shaping and traffic restrictions etc,see my post #67 on the 10 meg being slowed down thread ;)

Thanks, but with all due respect, its been done to death, there is little more anyone can say that will hold my interest in that matter.

xspeedyx
22-04-2007, 20:46
£2 big deal but I am payong like £1.50 for my soon to be 20 meg line so dont affect me lol sorry

georgepomone
22-04-2007, 22:54
Hi All,
further on the VIP packages- there is a two pound rise in the broadband offset by the reduction in phone charges. All swings etc.
George.;)

jerryl
23-04-2007, 19:17
we had 37 pounds bill, no letter, nothing heard from them for the change, we was furious and had to talk to the manager for more than 30 minutes!

slowcoach
23-04-2007, 22:46
Don't forget that Phone XL is going down in price and VIP customers won't benefit. :p: