PDA

View Full Version : New installation stuck on powering up!

GuruJosh
22-04-2007, 14:14
Hi
Ive been with NTL/virgin media for a while now with no problems. Yesterday I had tv drive installed, and it turns out the box is knackered, its stuck on powering up. I rang up customer services today, and the earliest they can come out is friday, so that leaves me without tv for a week, including a big football match on Tuesday. I can understand having to wait a week for a new service I requested, but having to wait a week when theyve installed a faulty box? Should I threaten them with cancellation?(although I dont really want to cancel) Is there any numbers I can phone where the operatives might be a little more helpful? Thanks in advance.

on in an hour!
22-04-2007, 15:10
did the installer not leave a supervisor contact No??

GuruJosh
22-04-2007, 15:38
No unfortunately.

on in an hour!
22-04-2007, 15:42
shame,that was probably your best chance.got to say though when lead times are as far out as they are in your area,youll get a lot of subs cancelling their apps as services have been restored or subs find that their no dial tone fault was because someone left the phone off the hook upstairs!! keep ringing cause when these jobs get canx the point for the visit goes back in the pool..keep trying and power to your elbow m8 ;)

awibble
23-04-2007, 08:01
When you say its stuck on powering up, do you mean its just displaying the VM logo saying powering up?

If yes, try just leaving it on that, plugged in for a while. Mine did this, i made the bookings for someone to come out the next day, and about 5 hours later, it just fixed itsself.

GuruJosh
24-04-2007, 12:00
It was stuck on it for a couple of days. I made 2 phone calls and the operators based in India failed to fixed it. Then on Monday I decided to ring cancellations to call their bluff, anyway the guy I spoke to used to work in faults, and within 10 minutes he had managed to boot up my system and now its working fine and dandy. He also told me that he wasnt happy with the installation engineer leaving before it was working, and that he was also not happy with the fact that I had been fed bs about waiting 24 hours for the signal to reach my box. I gave him my thanks and said its a pity that the others I spoke to hadnt managed to get it running, especially when the first people I spoke to worked in faults. He told me it was because too many of them assume straight away its a faulty box, and therefore dont try everything.

NTLVictim
24-04-2007, 12:43
did the installer not leave a supervisor contact No??
Are they meant to?

on in an hour!
24-04-2007, 13:09
Are they meant to?
its a standard thing to do up here,having said that i dont think they should as i suppose its masking fault call figs that get presented to OFCOM,dont know where they would stand on it really but it does happen.i know this cause when i attend a post install fault the sub usually says 'ive been ringing the No they left me but it keeps going to ansafone':mad: