PDA

View Full Version : A good reason not to date someone from t'internet.

Stuart
19-04-2007, 14:49
An old story this, hence I haven't put it in Current Affairs.

Trevor Tasker met a woman on the Internet. This woman was apparently in her thrities, and they had exchanged love notes in chat rooms. Eventually, she sent him some photos of her in some skimpies, he fell in love and decided to move to the States to live with her.

When he met her, he got a slight shock. The photos were 35 years old, and she was actually a rather large 65 year old. He decided to carry on and treat it like a holiday.

Now, we get to the fun part. He got a suprise when he opened the freezer in the apartment. He found her dead former flatmate. Apparently, the flatmate had died of natural causes, but she didn't report it, and kept the body as she was quite happily using the guy's bank account.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/02/22/my_internet_love/

Not saying that everyone on the internet is bad. They aren't. I've met some very nice people on here for instance (Marge, Russ, Gavin, Paul, Paul M, Rob, Jon M, Chris T, Chris W, quadplay, Chimaera and Marina being some). I also know that at least two couples have met on here, and seem to be happy together.

I suppose the message is that if you ever meet someone via a dating agency or the Internet, you should *always* be careful, and I would have thought it would be a good idea to at least meet (physically) the person you are planning to marry.

While in a way, I do find this story quite funny, I know someone who got caught out like this. Not quite as badly as this guy, he only found the woman cheating on him, but he did end up tens of thousands of pounds out of pocket (he'd already paid to move all his stuff to another country when he found out).

bopdude
19-04-2007, 14:55
LOL, an expensive lesson to learn.

Also, title needs a tweak ;)

Ramrod
19-04-2007, 14:55
Dangers of internet dating (http://www.dangersofinternetdating.com/articles/submittedstories.htm) :disturbd:

Paul K
19-04-2007, 14:56
Is that american english in the title? :p:

skyblueheroes
19-04-2007, 15:23
:disturbd:

Stuart
19-04-2007, 15:40
Is that american english in the title? :p:

It's correct english now..

punky
19-04-2007, 15:49
It's correct english now..

:notopic: Don't you have to give Internet a capital I, as its a proper noun?

Paul K
19-04-2007, 15:57
Doesn't your it's have something missing Gavin ;) :p:

punky
19-04-2007, 16:01
Doesn't your it's have something missing Gavin ;) :p:

:PP:

danielf
19-04-2007, 16:06
I can sense enthusiasm for the upcoming meet declining a little ;)

hutchy1986
20-04-2007, 01:05
i met my now wife on the internet. on yahoo london chat to be exact so its not all bad i suppose. saying that i never checked her fridge in the house. :(

Halcyon
20-04-2007, 10:13
I think there is only so much time people can keep a fake identity or life before they mess up and get caught out.
I normally always keep details private until much later down the line.
Meeting in a pulic place is also very important in case something goes wrong.

maddyp
22-04-2007, 23:59
that actually is funny, i love his mums comment at the end of the news article!

Rockabilly Spike
23-04-2007, 11:12
Something similar happened to someone I know, without the dead body parts bit!
He's a member of a band with the initials The WH's. (work it out for yourself tho I'm not saying which member it was)