PDA

View Full Version : Buy a phone from us and get £10 extra or not?

DJ Dave
18-04-2007, 21:00
I bought a phone the other week on the virgin mobile website and it would not got through and was told to call them which I did, They said it was something to do with Halifax not letting people buy mobiles online.

I did the order over the phone and she said if a pay a little more I would get £30 calling credit and extra sim card with £5 on it and when I made the first call on that I would get £10 on my number.

I got the phone the next day and was very impressed with the speed, but I made my first call and did not get the £10 so I thought it may take a while to arrive so I left it a few days and still no luck, I then signed up the number via the website and thought that might work but no luck.

I called VM tonight and the girl said she had not heard of any such offer and she would get sales to ring me in the next 24 hours.

The same has also happend to my brother in-law, he got a phone for his wife and got the same deal £70 on credit, £15 on his wifes phone and then a extra £10 on his, he also called and got told there was no such deal, but did not get anywhere else.

To end this long topic, when he also got the phone on the website it did not work and He got no email to say it did not go through so thought his phone would come the next day, when it never I called on his half as he was at work but they said at VM they would call him twice but he got no call, he got a rude answer message from a man from over sea's just saying "Pick Up Your Phone" No "Hi this is Virgin Media" just "Pick up your phone"

After all this I'm getting the feeling they wont bother to ring me?

Any ideas?

Thanks