PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup Final

yesman
15-04-2007, 23:15
Ok, so it is the predicted final for the FA Cup, although Chelsea had a close run semi final against Blackburn which went into extra time.
Uniteds game against Watford was all but easy, even if the score was eventually 1 -4, I don't think the game reflected that margin, anyway.....

Who are your favourites to win the FA Cup this year?

Oh and it should be held at the new Wembley

Paul
16-04-2007, 00:40
Who do I want to win, or who do I think will win - two different answers.

Logan
16-04-2007, 13:35
The results will be oh so predictable.

Everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan, despises Chelsea at the moment, simply because they're successful. So they'll vote Man Utd (or who cares), forgeting of course back in the day at the time Utd dominated the Premiership, they despised them!

Then theres the Utd fans from all over the globe who'll vote for Utd, depsite having never gone to a Utd game in their lives, but they LOVE Utd of course, so they'll vote for Utd should any frequent this forum.

So Utd will be the most voted for in this poll.

Russ
16-04-2007, 13:40
It'll be odd to have the majority of the country behind us - but they hated us during the 90s so we don't want them now!

A full strength United will take down anything Chelsea can aim at us.

TheDaddy
16-04-2007, 13:47

Everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan, despises Chelsea at the moment, simply because they're successful. So they'll vote Man Utd (or who cares), forgeting of course back in the day at the time Utd dominated the Premiership, they despised them!

Then theres the Utd fans from all over the globe who'll vote for Utd, depsite having never gone to a Utd game in their lives, but they LOVE Utd of course, so they'll vote for Utd should any frequent this forum.

So Utd will be the most voted for in this poll.

Nothing to do with the crass amount of money thrown at the 'Chelski project', nothing to do with the shoddy and arrogant business practices, nothing to do with the fact since Roman has taken over it has encouraged loads of other foreign investors to take over English clubs and put them all into debt and you say that everyone else is envious :rolleyes:

Nugget
16-04-2007, 13:50
Everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan, despises Chelsea at the moment,

I'm not, but I don't despise them - fair play to them. They may have splashed the cash, but it was still down to the players to gell and get the results :shrug:

I'm a bit torn on this years final - technically, I'd like Chelsea to do it because Man U knocked Villa out but, on the flip side, if Man U win, at least my team were knocked out by the people who went on to win the whole competition.

Tell you what - sod it, I'm going for Chelsea, 'cos I'm sick of losing to United (at least we get the occasional draw out of Chelsea) :D

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Nothing to do with the crass amount of money thrown at the 'Chelski project', nothing to do with the shoddy and arrogant business practices, nothing to do with the fact since Roman has taken over it has encouraged loads of other foreign investors to take over English clubs and put them all into debt and you say that everyone else is envious :rolleyes:

Ahem - Villa aren't in debt! As much as it pains me, Deadly ran quite a tight ship on that front...

gazzae
16-04-2007, 13:58
I think whoever wins the league will do the double.

TheDaddy
16-04-2007, 14:02
Ahem - Villa aren't in debt! As much as it pains me, Deadly ran quite a tight ship on that front...

Classically enough they aren't in debt due to footballing reasons but due to the takeovers, all these foreign billionaires aren't actually funding it with their own cash but securing their ownership based on money the club will generate in the future, Villa seems to be the exception to the rule seeing as Randy is actually a fan of the club, the rest are only in it for what they can take out and you can point the finger squarely at Roman for this trend, David Moores said after the Liverpool takeover that the club needed the investment so it could compete, sorry but Chelsea can't buy all the best players.

smicer07
16-04-2007, 14:35
Liverpool supporters are behind Chelsea all the way.

gazzae
16-04-2007, 15:16

How come all the Utd fans from down south (don't they all live in Surrey after all?) and asia can make it to Old Trafford every other week but Chelsea fans can't make it to one game ;)

TheDaddy
16-04-2007, 15:37
How come all the Utd fans from down south (don't they all live in Surrey after all?) and asia can make it to Old Trafford every other week but Chelsea fans can't make it to one game ;)

Might be because they don't have any real fans, not from their local community at any rate, wouldn't have thought you'd find football amongst the favoured pursuits of those in Knightsbridge and Kensington

Russ
16-04-2007, 17:19
Waddles outlines why it's in the best interests of English football that United win - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6559625.stm

dcclanuk
16-04-2007, 17:29
Man U all the way.....

if its anything like how we played against Roma....

*:D*

Mal
16-04-2007, 17:31
Then theres the Utd fans from all over the globe who'll vote for Utd, depsite having never gone to a Utd game in their lives, but they LOVE Utd of course, so they'll vote for Utd should any frequent this forum.Comments like that, make me laugh :D

Horace
16-04-2007, 19:17
I don't really care who wins but it'll be a cracking match. Should of been the first match played at the new Wembley but whatever. I just hope it doesn't come down to who makes the most impressive dive, if it's down to that criteria I think we know which team will take it.

TheDaddy
16-04-2007, 19:27
but it'll be a cracking match.

Bet it isn't, 50p says it's a dull and low scoring affair

yesman
17-05-2007, 23:11
Bet it isn't, 50p says it's a dull and low scoring affair

Possibly.

I am just hoping United are on song, just to rub Jose and his dogs nose in it ;)

TheDaddy
17-05-2007, 23:28
I see both teams are struggling to come up with a starting XI, Jose is even talking about putting reserve goalie Hilaro on the bench as a striker, doesn't say much for their much vaunted youth set up if they can't find someone better than a goalkeeper for back up

yesman
17-05-2007, 23:34
I see both teams are struggling to come up with a starting XI, Jose is even talking about putting reserve goalie Hilaro on the bench as a striker, doesn't say much for their much vaunted youth set up if they can't find someone better than a goalkeeper for back up

Not another of Jose's wind ups then..............

I have a feeling, Chelsea, will field a strong side

Russ
17-05-2007, 23:42
Chelsea will apparently be without Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Andriy Shevchenko so yes, they'll be fielding a strong side.

TheDaddy
17-05-2007, 23:45
Not another of Jose's wind ups then..............

I have a feeling, Chelsea, will field a strong side

They might manage to cobble together a pretty good starting line up but several of them wont be fully fit and I doubt they'll have anything on the bench that will change much

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Chelsea will apparently be without Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Andriy Shevchenko so yes, they'll be fielding a strong side.

Hmm Jose said Carvalho was their best defender this season

Russ
17-05-2007, 23:50
Jose says a lot of things...

TheDaddy
17-05-2007, 23:58
Jose says a lot of things...

Seeing as I don't see much of their bland football who would you say is then, Boulahrouz :rofl:

That's the thing with Jose, for all his exaggerating there normally seems to be a grain of truth to most of it

awibble
18-05-2007, 07:32

No, i despise Chelsea as every match i see they pull of more amature dramatics in 90 minuites, than you can see in 6 weeks at the local amature dramatics group, and then the manager is just as bad, i actually saw him in an after game interview say that the penality against them should not count (one of his players hand balled in the area) and his argument was that the ref could not of seen what happened! Yes thats right, he admitted that what his player did was wrong, but claimed that the ref could not see it.

That is why i despise Chelsea.

Now the only current thing i have against Man Utd is that they havented got rid or Mr "I am a cheat" Cristiano Ronaldo, who im supprised Rooney hasnt givven a black eye too as of yet. I remember when he was "scared" to return the the club.

Needless to say that i will be supporting ManUtd, just because they are the lesser of 2 evils.

wwe
18-05-2007, 14:09
chealse will win

yesman
19-05-2007, 13:29
I have to say Wembley looks fantastic.

Let's hope it opens with a good game.