PDA

View Full Version : Changing modem frequency?

Memento
14-04-2007, 23:48
Recently, I've been having problems with my internet connection. It will either slow down or cut out completely, meaning that I have to reset the modem in order for it to work again, and then again when that stops working etc. Also, when connected to Xbox live, I have encountered many problems. I've been randomly signed out and experienced tremendous amount of lag, and this is becoming more constant.

I've been reading here on the forums that a lot of problems similar to this have been solved by changing the frequency of the modem. My question is, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

nicke261192
15-04-2007, 00:14
If its a motorola you can type 192.168.100.1 into your address bar and do it from here

Rik
15-04-2007, 10:16
I've been reading here on the forums that a lot of problems similar to this have been solved by changing the frequency of the modem. My question is, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks.

My advice would be leave all those settings alone, you could totally cock up your modem, just ring faults and get an engineer out.

Paul K
15-04-2007, 10:54
Aye, if you change anything within the modem set up and it goes wrong then you are in the smelly stuff.