PDA

View Full Version : virgin media

xxmcvapourxx
14-04-2007, 13:45
hi,can anyone help me i spoke to virgin yesarday they say i cant have cable as it aint down my road.but they said that telewest years ago ran out of buget and stopped works but the first 5 houses down my road has got it.i need a telephone number to any of the top directors or something to get this sorted.virgin are good but at the moment they are crap....! so please someone help me to get this sorted!

papa smurf
14-04-2007, 13:56
hi,can anyone help me i spoke to virgin yesarday they say i cant have cable as it aint down my road.but they said that telewest years ago ran out of buget and stopped works but the first 5 houses down my road has got it.i need a telephone number to any of the top directors or something to get this sorted.virgin are good but at the moment they are crap....! so please someone help me to get this sorted!

sorry its customer services only...no hotline to the top ,many areas are unfinished the original build cost around 1,000,000 pounds a mile ,you have to calculate what vm will get in return for spending hundreds of thousands of pounds diging up the street and laying duct ,cabs , electronics etc ,sadly not enough for 1 new customer

NTLVictim
14-04-2007, 14:05
1,000,000 pounds a mile ???? what kind of business model based on THAT would ever turn a profit?:Yikes:

Bill C
14-04-2007, 14:29
1,000,000 pounds a mile ???? what kind of business model based on THAT would ever turn a profit?:Yikes:

Somehow i dont think it was that costly. ;)

As a planner for Ntl:Telewest Business i know how much it costs per meter for Carriageway construction and its nowhere near that cost. Footway is even cheaper.

I cannot give out the costs here as they are confidential

However for one residential customer they are still very expensive.

ladyboy
14-04-2007, 15:04

move.:p:

papa smurf
14-04-2007, 15:08

we went bankrupt if you remember

Berezovski
14-04-2007, 15:10
we went bankrupt if you remember

NTL did not go bankrupt, it filed for protection.

maths15
14-04-2007, 15:11
i need a telephone number to any of the top directors ...

When was the last time any consumer got to speak to a "top director"? I think you need to be a little bit more realistic in you expectations.

papa smurf
14-04-2007, 15:22
Somehow i dont think it was that costly. ;)

As a planner for Ntl:Telewest Business i know how much it costs per meter for Carriageway construction and its nowhere near that cost. Footway is even cheaper.

I cannot give out the costs here as they are confidential

However for one residential customer they are still very expensive.

i agree it sounds ott but that is what i was told, its not just diging and duct its cabs /electronics1 dsa feeds up to 600 customers[in theory]but most no where near that, elctronics alone 80-100 k depending on what kits in them

Bill C
14-04-2007, 15:27
i agree it sounds ott but that is what i was told, its not just diging and duct its cabs /electronics1 dsa feeds up to 600 customers[in theory]but most no where near that, elctronics alone 80-100 k depending on what kits in them

good point :)