PDA

View Full Version : Am i missing something?

Druchii
14-04-2007, 00:51
From my chopped tomatoes and double Gloucester cheese on toast? What do you guys normally have in regard to this type of meal?

I personally feel it should involve a small amount of meat as well, but would chopped spam do? or would it be better to have ham... I don't know, i'm just hungry and want something MORE from my toasted food...

superbiatch
14-04-2007, 00:56
Bit of Lea and Perrins Worcester sauce maybe? ;)

bopdude
14-04-2007, 00:58
Speaking as a meat lover ;) I find a 'plain' toastie very very refreshing, the only thing I would add is a liberal dusting of salt to the finished toast layer, yeah, I know, salts a killer, well I'm gonna die of something :shrug:

Mal
14-04-2007, 00:59
You can have whatever you want on it.

I just have Worcester sauce on, but it's got to be Cheddar for me

Russ
14-04-2007, 06:06
Get some 'Bacon Bits' on there too. That's their actual name, you can get them in Tesco from where they keep their spices. They're small bits of bacon-flavoured soya. Smashing as a pizza topping or chucked over some pasta and they brighten up my toasties :)

Tinky
14-04-2007, 08:40
Cheese beanos!

Baked beans on toast, grill cheddar cheese on top, then bacon and fried egg on top of that! mmmmmm yummy, guaranteed to take the hunger pangs away!

popper
14-04-2007, 08:55
From my chopped tomatoes and double Gloucester cheese on toast? What do you guys normally have in regard to this type of meal?

I personally feel it should involve a small amount of meat as well, but would chopped spam do? or would it be better to have ham... I don't know, i'm just hungry and want something MORE from my toasted food...

bin the rabit food tomatoes (or feed the rabit and make it nice and fat for later) eat the cheese while you go down the market (its opening about now)and get a family size pork pie or 3, thats what i'd do ;)

AntiSilence
14-04-2007, 09:34
Get some 'Bacon Bits' on there too. That's their actual name, you can get them in Tesco from where they keep their spices. They're small bits of bacon-flavoured soya. Smashing as a pizza topping or chucked over some pasta and they brighten up my toasties :)

Or better still, real bacon!

Russ
14-04-2007, 09:38
Or better still, real bacon!

Come on, we've got to pander to the vegatarian contingent :D

Taf
14-04-2007, 10:12
Add malt vinegar to the tomatoes....

Angua
14-04-2007, 10:20
Add malt vinegar to the tomatoes....

Or a very light sprinkling of sugar or balsamic vinegar (brings out the taste of tomatoes nicely).

I prefer Cheese & Onion on toast myself & never add salt to cheese as it is fairly salty already.

lostandconfused
14-04-2007, 11:35
you have to have a fried egg on there too

cybernetic_tiger
14-04-2007, 11:55
Thinly sliced pepperami, makes a kind of pizza toast with the tomatoes and cheese!

Halcyon
14-04-2007, 12:06
If I have some baguette bread, I will normally put some Emantal or goats cheese with sliced tomato and a sprinkle of basil.

Another fave of mine is melted Brie or camembert cheese with sliced tomato and grilled in a nice croissant.

Russ
14-04-2007, 12:15
you have to have a fried egg on there too

And a mars bar somewhere.

handyman
14-04-2007, 13:57
Take some sliced baguette (not super fresh needs to be just going stale) rub down the top with a garlic clove then drizzle olive oil on top and bake till just starting to go golden in the oven. While baking heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and fry off some chopped bacon. Add some tinned tomatos with some passata and a table spoon of tomato puree. Add fresh ground pepper and some finely chopped fresh basil. Spoon this over the golden sliced baguettes then top with grated chedder of mozzerella and grill till cheese starting to brown a bit..

This is really nice with some baked beans on the side...

valor
14-04-2007, 14:11
Heres one ive been doing since we were kids..
Spread some leftover Buttery Mashed Potato on some buttered toast and grill until mash is Golden Brown..
alternative variation... Sprinkle some grated cheese over Mash and grill until bubbling.
LUSH...