PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Truck...... :-(

Earwig
12-04-2007, 20:07
Ok so after years of having the same PC I decided to build me a new one, which meant a fresh install of everything.

Installing my Modem I used the old NTL installer disc which failed to work......

I managed to get my internet working by somehow just connecting the modem to my Ethernet port and it all seems to work fine. Emails are set up and working which is a good thing ;-)

My problem is that after EVERY reboot I get a pop up telling me that Virtual truck failed to load or something similar. It gives a destination where it is looking but nothing else....

I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing has worked and it is very annoying.

I tried searching the net but only found a solution for ME users or 98 users. Following this guide get's me nowhere in XP as the things they say to look for do not exist in msconfig :-(

I tried a search of this forum but I don't seem to get any results back no matter what I search for. Not sure if it is working or not ?

Can anyone help me get rid of this please > It's driving me nuts :-(

Thanks for your time.

Mark,.

Delta Whiskey
12-04-2007, 20:23
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829714

"When you start your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, you may receive an error message. This issue may occur if a Virtual Truck program that has missing or corrupted files is installed on your computer. This article describes three methods to resolve this issue."

DW

Lord Nikon
14-04-2007, 04:11
If there is an uninstall for the broadjump disc on your machine, use it, the software isn't needed at all when connecting via ethernet or USB (only the drivers from the CD are needed to connect via USB)

bayonet
14-04-2007, 04:48
Hi earwig

Sorry if this is a bit vague but I'm posting from Seattle sorry but I'm on hols and I'm still jet lagged and feel like ****

Anyway here goes from memory so it's C drive (or equivalent)/documents&settings/all users/start menu/programs/startup/delete the VTagent icon

Should clear it up

And before you ask it's 8.50 in the evening and it's raining I'm watching a crap baseball game on the TV no golf no footie and even worse for a Welsh boy no Rugby obviously the colonies still need educating about God's gift to sport (no not Gavin Henson)

Will have to find a bar that will meet my needs and get Mrs Bayonet to give me an evening pass

maths15
14-04-2007, 09:31
Hi earwig

Sorry if this is a bit vague but I'm posting from Seattle sorry but I'm on hols and I'm still jet lagged and feel like ****

A

WTF

You are on holiday and you are still logging onto this forum? Weird ;)