PDA

View Full Version : vm installation today

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 10:11
ok...2day we are getting vm intstalled, tv, bb and phone. starting to get a little freakay after reading all these bodged stories...hope all goes well. they are supposed to be porting over our bt phone number, which has our current bb installed, so if they mess it up then no bb for a while :mad: also have not received any pin number etc, for installin our bb. will the engineer call up for this?
they are supposed to be coming between 8 and 1, so only 2 hours wait now

wish us luck

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

ok super fast update for u,
as soon as i hit the post button i get a knock at the door. ITS a VM ENGINEER.
even tho i am getting phone, bb and tv, he only has me down for a phone reconnection (great start). i can already see that he has had problems with customer services himself lol

i think the nightmare has just started!

bw41101
11-04-2007, 10:27
Just some advice, due to the normally heavy workload, the installer will make the job as easy as necessary to complete the installation. in view of this, make sure that you discuss (with the installer) what you expect, any concerns you may have and that you are happy with what is proposed before the work commences.

I'm not knocking the installers in any way, but experience from friends installations has shown that some are better than others.

I'm sure that the installation will go without any hitches and welcome to the club.

Si thee

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 10:31
yeh iv told the installer what we are expecting to have installed and i am by no means a novice to any technology, with us having a computer shop and already having 2 more satellite dishes installed out back for foreign channels etc. thanks for your advice tho, hope all does go fine

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 14:07
ok if one of u guys that have contacts in vm wanna give me some help it would be appreciated.

MovedGoalPosts
11-04-2007, 14:36
What is the problem?

Paul H
11-04-2007, 14:40
What is the problem?

Everything hasn't gone fine it's a nightmare :)

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 14:41
supposed to be bb, phone and tv, only booked in as phone reconnect, and the engineers have just turned up and say they can only do that job 2day!

FUMING:mad: to say the least

MovedGoalPosts
11-04-2007, 14:44
Have you phoned customer services, and what are they saying?

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 14:52
i got passed around 5 csr in the space of about 10 minutes.
oh its been booked in wrong. nothing we can do, do u wanna get put thru to sale to book it in again.... what and then have to wait another 5 weeks to get it installed! are they having a laugh or what

peter_jacana
11-04-2007, 15:04
Icemantaz

Welcome to the club of disgruntled VM customers. They really are the pits

Pass the word guys ..... DONT USE VM

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 15:17
its like what ur parents say, "am not angry with you am disappointed! :td: "

smarty
11-04-2007, 15:21
supposed to be bb, phone and tv, only booked in as phone reconnect, and the engineers have just turned up and say they can only do that job 2day!

FUMING:mad: to say the least

I wish you luck!!

I had the 'phone and BB installed last December, although the install itself was carried out very well, the Modem was faulty and it took 5 weeks for a replacement to be provided. Four times an Engineer was booked to call, but never turned up and all he had to do was deliver the Modem!

As for the telephone, our BT number was supposed to be ported across and after many many 'phone calls and 7 weeks it eventually happened, but the voicemail didn't work and this took another three weeks to resolve.

At the time of ordering I was told that Caller ID was available, but after the Install I was then told that it wasn't.

Welcome to VM.

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 17:24
lol great stuff. he wouldnt even put the cabling in for the tv or bb, not even that bothered about the equipment as i could just buy some easy enough! and there were 6....yes six ....i said SIX engineers here to do it.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

ok, apparently the engineer says he phoned his manager at the local depot and i should have the tv and bb installed either 2moro or friday, but for some reason i wont hold my breathe,

MovedGoalPosts
11-04-2007, 17:38
Even though you can get shunted from pillar to post it's worth speaking to sales to see that they do now have your correct requirements on their systems. Once you are sure of that pushing for the correct installation becomes easier.

icemantaz
11-04-2007, 17:44
i spoke to sales, who apparently phoned my local depot. if no1 shows 2moro then ill call again, i am defo not gunna settle on having it installed middle to end of next week.

icemantaz
12-04-2007, 09:55
quick update for u on the situation. just spoke to installations department, and have been booked in to have the tv and bb put in for friday the 20th april. bitunfortunate really as no1 will be around when they come to have it installed. was also told by the csr that the manager will be calling me back today to try to arrange an earlier time.

colin-bennett
12-04-2007, 18:56
quick update for u on the situation. just spoke to installations department, and have been booked in to have the tv and bb put in for friday the 20th april. bitunfortunate really as no1 will be around when they come to have it installed. was also told by the csr that the manager will be calling me back today to try to arrange an earlier time.
Sorry for your probs
May I just make a few comments
You say reconection for phone. So you had this service before ????
Ok you booked a time to install when no one at home. HMM.... some one else could have had this slot but you happy to decieve ??.
Sorry all but this thread not all it seems I think.
IF I am wrong I am sorry but this has hidden agenda
in my humble view.

MovedGoalPosts
12-04-2007, 20:44
If you know you are not able to be there, why accept the booking for an installation? It's precisely because of that sort of attitude VM have to go to lengths to charge customers for time wasting :mad:

I know you are anxious to get things sorted, but there and then you should have had that appointment rearranged, even if the only choice was something later, with the hope that a cancellation slot might become available for earleir.

colin-bennett
12-04-2007, 21:19
If you know you are not able to be there, why accept the booking for an installation? It's precisely because of that sort of attitude VM have to go to lengths to charge customers for time wasting :mad:

I know you are anxious to get things sorted, but there and then you should have had that appointment rearranged, even if the only choice was something later, with the hope that a cancellation slot might become available for earleir.

Well said
Still think we not now all details regarding this thread
If I am wrong.... sorry
Just my opinion

Nedkelly
12-04-2007, 21:27
Ok VM messed up but to accept a appointment slot and you cant get some one in is not on as this could be used for some else .:)

icemantaz
13-04-2007, 15:19
before jumping the gun i have managed to arrange to day off again!!!!and its not my fault vm are so imcopetent as to not be able to sort out a simple order, especially considering after we ordered it over to internet we phoned up to check the ordered was correct at there end! and they still havent sent us the pin info that will be required for installin bb on the pc.

And for your information colin i have told it how it is and all details were correct.

colin-bennett
13-04-2007, 20:41
before jumping the gun i have managed to arrange to day off again!!!!and its not my fault vm are so imcopetent as to not be able to sort out a simple order, especially considering after we ordered it over to internet we phoned up to check the ordered was correct at there end! and they still havent sent us the pin info that will be required for installin bb on the pc.

And for your information colin i have told it how it is and all details were correct.

Where did you mention ordered over internet ????
You said reconnect phone, not install. You knew about pin number for bbi etc etc
You no newbee to VM (ex NTL)
Look, if I reading to much into this then I say sorry.
This is only my opinion and I think I am allowed to voice this as indeed you are..

icemantaz
13-04-2007, 20:50
this is the first line of my very first post

"ok...2day we are getting vm intstalled, tv, bb and phone. starting to get a little freakay after reading all these bodged stories...hope all goes well."

this is an update on the first post on this thread

"ok super fast update for u,
even tho i am getting phone, bb and tv, he only has me down for a phone reconnection (great start)."

i dont see how it matters if i ordered over the net or the phone they still f88ked it up.

and we have never had ntl/ cable and wireless/ virgin media or anyone other type of cable company installed, but the reason i know about bb installs and pins etc is cos i have a pc shop and have done many a install in people computers who have had ntl installed and the engineer has not bothered installing the software for them to set up the modem.

colin-bennett
13-04-2007, 21:23
this is the first line of my very first post

"ok...2day we are getting vm intstalled, tv, bb and phone. starting to get a little freakay after reading all these bodged stories...hope all goes well."

this is an update on the first post on this thread

"ok super fast update for u,
even tho i am getting phone, bb and tv, he only has me down for a phone reconnection (great start)."

i dont see how it matters if i ordered over the net or the phone they still f88ked it up.

and we have never had ntl/ cable and wireless/ virgin media or anyone other type of cable company installed, but the reason i know about bb installs and pins etc is cos i have a pc shop and have done many a install in people computers who have had ntl installed and the engineer has not bothered installing the software for them to set up the modem.

You claim to have set up BBI for your (customers) who have subscribed to exNTL. If you found them so bad why join ????
I also have some knowlwdge of this and also telephony. There is no way a reconnect order for telephony would allow the port to come over. I take it the BT number did not port over but you did not advise.
Ordering over the net is significantly different to speaking to a sales rep who may have helped in a smooth transition..

icemantaz
13-04-2007, 21:36
i went with vm because of 10mb bb, and the fact i have heard very good things about their internet service, and also the fact that sky is overpriced etc etc.
are you not able to grasp what i am saying about the phone. i ordered a phone installation (not a reconnect)

here is what i ordered on the net
phone (installation)
bb (installation)
v+ (installation)
extra v box for another room (installation)

PLEASE NOTE NONE OF THESE ARE RECONNECTIONS!!!

as stated in my 1st post though. the engineer turned up and said oh i only have u down for a phone reconnection.....even though i ordered over the internet and then phoned up after ordering over the internet JUST TO CONFIRM WHAT I HAD ORDERED.

the engineer informed me that the bt phone number would port over in a few days. this has not happened yet so i dont know how long it takes. will have to wait and see.

also colin why the need for customers in ()?

colin-bennett
13-04-2007, 22:00
Hi
The () was just to distinguish between your customers and VM customers.
No malice intended.
If your BT number not ported over you WILL have to conatct cust services as this has to be keyd in and scheduled with BT. BT normaly req 7 days notice to port over. A tech is not always needed to port in a BT number once you have active VM phone but is booked just in case....
Hope this helps

icemantaz
13-04-2007, 22:05
ok no problem, will give em a call monday, although porting is not the most important thing as i dont want to be ported until i at least have bb and tv installed from vm as i would then loose my net connection and this is essential for us!
just hope they get it sorted on friday now.

icemantaz
20-04-2007, 10:33
ok guys, vm engineer turned up at 815 this morning (very impressed) , had us down for bb, v+ and an extra v box (wow) had all remotes etc (cant believe my luck at this point)

everything has now been installed by engineer.

just wanted to ask a couple of questions though.trying to install the cd for my broadband and im getting the registration error 601. any idea what this is?

also engineer told me that it would take channels would take about 1 hour to come through fully. is this correct?

thanks

awibble
20-04-2007, 11:00
not sure about the time for the channels, but i know that if i level my second STB off for too long, when i first boot it it takes about 20 minuites for all the channels to show up, and when ive ordered new channels they have told me it cna be a few hours before they show up.

If you can, use the ethernet connection, then you dont need the CD :)

icemantaz
20-04-2007, 11:11
channels are coming through now.
have had the modem connected through ethernet all along, unplugged the power adaptor for 30 seconds and then replugged it in and waited for 30 seconds and not having any luck as yet. anymore ideas?

awibble
20-04-2007, 11:18
guessing that you have the ethernet port enabled on your PC?

If your ex-ntl it might be different as im on ex-telewest and i think the networks are still slightly different.

icemantaz
20-04-2007, 11:36
yeh ethernet is enabled and i can get https://autoreg.autoregister.net but do not know the serial number it asks for nor where to find it. this area used to be ntl but we have never had ntl before and all is new cable so i do not know if this makes a difference.

icemantaz
20-04-2007, 14:35
ok got off the phone to them earlier. apparently the workorder for the bb was not closed and had not activated the bb, tv is working fine now and am very happy. the very nice lady at the other end of the phone said the bb should be activated within 1 hour. am at work now till 5 so hopefully all should be working when i get home after 5

icemantaz
20-04-2007, 17:49
got home and bb is still not working. do i get the feeling if i call up again then they will just tell me to wait 1 hour again? anyone got any advice on what i should do ?