PDA

View Full Version : Wi Points Problem

jonboy080269
10-04-2007, 13:49
Hello everyone,

I have had my nintendo wii for arround 2 months now and I managed to amass arround 1200 points from my initial purchase.

These points show up on the official nintendo europe web site, but when
I link my wii console to the site using my email address, it does not seem to recognise the points I have registered.

This obviously creates a problem as I cannot use the wii points to purchase
a virtual console game.

I have tried unlinking and re-linking my membership to the web but this still does not seem to show my wii points.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers in advance.

skyblueheroes
10-04-2007, 16:57
I didn't think points mean prizes yet ? I thought this was still to be confirmed by Nintendo.......

Might be wrong though :disturbd:

ikthius
10-04-2007, 18:00
yeah I heard they were going to do it but later in the year.

so you are stuck with the boring stuff from the main nintendy site

ik

jonboy080269
10-04-2007, 20:28
Well, I did see my points on my wii almost imedietly after I had added them on the nintendo europe website.

But then they disapeared a few days later.

Most strange.

Tezcatlipoca
10-04-2007, 21:33
You can't add points on the Nintendo website though? :confused:

AFAIK, Wii Points can only be bought by:

1) Buying a scratchcard & entering the code into the Wii Shopping Channel.

2) Buying directly from the Wii Shopping Channel using a Credit Card.

The "Nintendo VIP" codes you get with the hardware & software only give you "Stars"...which are pretty crap from what I can see & simply let you buy "amazing" things such as, e.g. ... desktop wallpaper.

skyblueheroes
10-04-2007, 21:39
You can't add points on the Nintendo website though? :confused:

AFAIK, Wii Points can only be bought by:

1) Buying a scratchcard & entering the code into the Wii Shopping Channel.

2) Buying directly from the Wii Shopping Channel using a Credit Card.

The "Nintendo VIP" codes you get with the hardware & software only give you "Stars"...which are pretty crap from what I can see & simply let you buy "amazing" things such as, e.g. ... desktop wallpaper.

Yep, correct. Although rumour has it Nintendo will allow stars to points at some point this year.

jonboy080269
11-04-2007, 13:03
I added my wii points by adding them on the web site, I got points for purchasing my wii , wii sports and zelda.

The points I added on the web site (which now shown as wii stars) did originally show on my wii but have sub-sequently vanished.

Gareth
11-04-2007, 20:24
Yeah, like the others have said, don't think Nintendo have allowed it just yet.

Although they did inadvertently allow it recently when they were testing it out, and lots of people exchanged their stars for points. Those that did this then received the following email:

Dear Nintendo fan,

Last Friday we have been running internal tests in the Stars Catalogue on our website. Unfortunately, because of a mistake during the testing phase, the Wii Points item accidentally appeared on the website between 4pm and 8pm.

We noticed that you have accessed the Stars Catalogue during this testing period, and that you spent 789 Stars on the item, without getting any Wii Points in return.

First of all, we want to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This item is not available in the Stars Catalogue, and the price of 789 stars used during the testing period was entirely random.

However, we understand that this may have caused a disappointment. So, as we know how committed you are to Nintendo - and given the exceptional circumstances - we decided to electronically send you 1000 Wii points, if you'd like that. In case you do not want to get these Wii Points, we will of course reimburse the amount of Stars you spent.

Please allow us some time to properly prepare the opportunity for you to choose between Wii Points or Stars. You will receive a follow-up email from us soon, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Best regards,Nice of them to have given 1,000 points to say sorry for their mistake.