PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird and multiple emails

djchapple
09-04-2007, 13:45
I am using the latest version of Thunderbird as my email browser. I am with VM and on their 2Mb account.

I wish to send the same email to around 20 addresses ans so i have set up two "lists" withing Thunderbird.

One list contains just two email addresses, my wife's and mine. I can use this list to send emails and they arrive safely.

The "real"list contains 19 email addresses and when I try to send emails I get a reply that this in not possible as one particular address is invalid.

The strange thing is this address in an @ntlworld.com address and I know it is valid.

So what is going on?

Paul K
09-04-2007, 13:53
How do you know it's valid? Have you checked all email addresses individually?

ferretuk
09-04-2007, 19:31
I am using the latest version of Thunderbird as my email browser. I am with VM and on their 2Mb account.

I wish to send the same email to around 20 addresses ans so i have set up two "lists" withing Thunderbird.

One list contains just two email addresses, my wife's and mine. I can use this list to send emails and they arrive safely.

The "real"list contains 19 email addresses and when I try to send emails I get a reply that this in not possible as one particular address is invalid.

The strange thing is this address in an @ntlworld.com address and I know it is valid.

So what is going on?

Assuming you can send a single email successfully to the @ntlworl.com address, prehaps the outgoing SMTP server prevents multiple copies of emails being sent as an anti-spam measure. Try splitting you list into two seperate lists and see if that works?