PDA

View Full Version : VM not listening to the customer

jjhellis
06-04-2007, 12:02
I have just ordered BB and tv and V+ and found out they have messed up the order and they would send out a new agreement which was a few days ago so I called again and they still had no record of V+ on my order and said they would call back.

I then waited a day and no call back so I called them and they still had no knowledge of V+ on my order or the call back.

Are VM like this all the time, because if it is I don't want these sort of problems continuing.

Hugh
06-04-2007, 12:17
Sorry to hear you have had problems.

I have been a customer for 12 years (previous versions of the company), and have had very few problems (but others have had more).

When I changed my package recently, I asked them to read back to me what I was getting, how much it would cost, and who I was speaking to (and wrote this all down).

I find this minimises problems, as you have confirmation of what you should be getting, and ownership (by having a name).

jjhellis
06-04-2007, 12:36
I just get the feeling the engineer will arrive on the date and try to connect up the equipment without the v+.

Does anyone know if I don't sign the agreement will the engineer still arrive.

jjhellis
11-04-2007, 23:49
I have read a lot of threads in the last week and most of them say that VM is really bad providing a service so I have decided to cancel my order with them and just get a bt line and broadband.

Then I will wait a year and see what happens, a bit of a shame but I can do without tv for now since I work alot of the time.

MovedGoalPosts
11-04-2007, 23:58
Regrettably forums tend to attract the bad news about organisations, rather than the positives. It's human nature that people go looking for somewhere to voice their frustration when something's wrong, but they sit quietly when things are going fine.

VM are certainly not perfect, but I doubt that BT / Sky or indeed any other supplier are perfect either.

If you do still wantto go with Virgin, the team does have contacts at high level within VM who can troubleshoot these issues. If you want us to help, please send me a PM with your name, address, and daytime phone number. If you have been given an account number from VM let me have that too. We'll see what our contact can do for you.

Paul H
12-04-2007, 00:11
Password too ;)

Stuart
12-04-2007, 20:35
Password too ;)

No. We don't want that.

ned1
12-04-2007, 21:03
Regrettably forums tend to attract the bad news about organisations, rather than the positives. It's human nature that people go looking for somewhere to voice their frustration when something's wrong, but they sit quietly when things are going fine.

VM are certainly not perfect, but I doubt that BT / Sky or indeed any other supplier are perfect either.

If you do still wantto go with Virgin, the team does have contacts at high level within VM who can troubleshoot these issues. If you want us to help, please send me a PM with your name, address, and daytime phone number. If you have been given an account number from VM let me have that too. We'll see what our contact can do for you.

I too have been with them for years, first cable & wireless then NTL and now VM, Yes I have had problems with a fault on the line, and had the engineers out two or three times, in the end they replaced the cable from my box right up to the main box up the road, but that's not bad for the years I have been with them.
They may not be perfect but are sky any closer !!
Ned

colin-bennett
12-04-2007, 21:22
I too have been with them for years, first cable & wireless then NTL and now VM, Yes I have had problems with a fault on the line, and had the engineers out two or three times, in the end they replaced the cable from my box right up to the main box up the road, but that's not bad for the years I have been with them.
They may not be perfect but are sky any closer !!
Ned
And how much would SKY have charged for that service ?????
With VM it was free.

jjhellis
12-04-2007, 22:02
Interesting posts.

I called VM again today...It's quite weird what different answers I get because today I was told that they would fit everything I had asked for but they couldn't send a new contract but if I wanted they would send a hand written one I said not to bother.

They also said that even if I didn't sign the contact I had been sent the installation would still go ahead.

This seems a bit strange.

I have spoken to a few people at work that have cable with VM and they all have problems.

I will phone VM in the morning to cancel because this company seem to be the worst I have ever delt with.

I might look again at them in 6 months and see how it's going but for now I will go back to my favorite ISP and normal TV.

colin-bennett
12-04-2007, 22:47
the contracts are sent by post and are sent back by post as well. This is the implicit contract stating your rights and that of VM. This contract may or may not be recieved prior to installation. Once you have the equipment installed and have used the equipment you are deemed to have accepted the tems and conditions as implied. The implied contract...eg when you move into a new house,,, when have you had a contract from the gas,water or electricity supplier. You do not but as soon as you use the services you are liable for any charges applied to that usage.
Its only legal stuff and in reality you have the 30 day customer charter with VM any way so you are well protected.
In my limited experiance the people who have complained to you about VM will still be complaining in 6 months time but will still be with VM. This decision is something you have to make and if your ISP was that good why were you looking to change. I guess only you know that but best of luck in the future....
Hope this helps

jjhellis
13-04-2007, 15:47
thanks for the info.

I had to cancel from my ISP because they say I have to when moving and due to I get a bad reception for tv I thought of trying VM since it ntl cable is already in the house.

I have just called VM this morning the CS was easier today it only took 4 calls and speaking to 12 different people and I have now cancelled.

While waiting on hold for the 7th or 8th time I was glad I was cancelling
I would rather <deleted> than join VM again.

Regards

Julian

Edit Rob: unsuitable comment removed - please take care not to post offensive remarks