PDA

View Full Version : New install help please.

Dante
04-04-2007, 09:54
Hi, My Mother-in-law signed up for BB & phone (2 for £20) in Feb, contract sent out and PIN issued.

She lives in a normal residential road which was originally cabled by Nynex.

She has waited over a month, and has now been told by someone at Virgin the install has been cancelled because the ducts are blocked and it's IMPOSSIBLE to go ahead (why, surely they can unblock it?)

I phoned this morning to be told as they cant close the 'Dual Carriageway', they are not going ahead!

There is NO Dual carriageway!

Can some kind person on the inside please assist me. As i recommended the service the ear bending is hurting.:dozey:

Paul K
04-04-2007, 10:24
If the duct is blocked then it could be blocked by anything including the duct itself collapsing, which would not be a good thing. You may want to ask for an installation supervisor to visit the address to check what is going on as obviously something isn't quite right if you don't have a dual carriage way near the property.

punky
04-04-2007, 10:57
We have contacts within VM who help resolve on-going problems, but if CS have told you they can't install it, then they'll probably say the same thing.

I'd suggest what Paul said, and if you still get the run around, we can try and escalate it.