PDA

View Full Version : I whinged and got a deal - any good?

Parrot of Doom
04-04-2007, 01:36
Being sick of the daily slowdown in the evenings, I phoned up NTL and complained.

I currently have basic telly, 4Mb broadbad, and a phone line.

They've offered me free phone calls, 10Mb broadband increasing to 20Mb when available, and the basic telly package - for the same price.

Good deal or not? I'm quite happy with it. They apparently have to install a modem, something I'm sure will take approximately 2 minutes? They have waived the installation fee for this.

HiroofTime
04-04-2007, 02:19
Yes good deal. Unfortunatly, the competitors are just as bad at the moment. So its best sticking with Virgin, I have explored my options and I am staying only because there is nowhere to go...

Efour
04-04-2007, 02:20
Good but you wont see a speed increase during that time. and another person fighting for bandwidth off peak...

Id say it was a good deal overall though ehehe:angel:

signori
04-04-2007, 07:02
I had a moan up and got almost the same deal.

Well worth it and a noo modem to boot.

Marcus117
04-04-2007, 14:27
Sounds like a good deal, any more news on how to get this?

- Marcus

dannyoneill
04-04-2007, 16:18
I got the same, Broadband XL and Phone XL for £36 a month for life.

I then had to get an engineer out to replace my modem as the old Ambit didnt like the new speeds.

bonzoe
04-04-2007, 18:44

I then had to get an engineer out to replace my modem as the old Ambit didnt like the new speeds.

I just wonder how long "life" actually means in practice ;)

xpod
05-04-2007, 12:07
Done the same whinging myself some months ago now and was also upgraded from the 4meg to the 10meg for no extra money overall.Although i was also calling about a double payment having been taken from our bank at the time so mabey THATS why i got the upgrade so easily eh.
The lass apparently gave us a £10 discount on the TV\phone part of the package which then covered the £10 increase in the Broadband price so no extra cost overall basically.

That was a while ago now and i`ve just been reading about the possible up-coming changes in another thread so mabey i need to be making another call sometinme soon.

I also have that little grey Ambit modem and my speeds are very rarely what they should be either i think although they are still more than enough for our simple needs in reality.

In the year we`ve been with NTL a.k.a Virgin Media we`ve had many problems sadly.....
I was originally left to install everything myself when i knew nothing about PC`s and was left to do so without the actual setup CD ...(a pc noob at the time remember).
Had double payments taken from bank at a time when we could least afford the hassle.
Had payments still debited from old cancelled accounts as well as the new account at same time.
Was charged for the Broadband plus features for months at a time when they should have been free with the 4 & 10meg services.....got this sorted but it STILL started happening again
Had a dodgy intermittent service thanks to faulty equipment i`d had from the start.
Had the engineer leave with our remote control when replacing STB.
Lost my Photobox photos by upgrading from the original old 1meg STB to the 4meg service.....Was never told that EVERYTHING would be new including Broadband plus accounts and usernames,email etc.

Currently STILL waiting on that part being resolved unfortunately.
So as you can see i`ve OFTEN wondered if i`d be better off elsewhere:confused:

Sherlock614
05-04-2007, 12:45
Being sick of the daily slowdown in the evenings, I phoned up NTL and complained.

I currently have basic telly, 4Mb broadbad, and a phone line.

They've offered me free phone calls, 10Mb broadband increasing to 20Mb when available, and the basic telly package - for the same price.

Good deal or not? I'm quite happy with it. They apparently have to install a modem, something I'm sure will take approximately 2 minutes? They have waived the installation fee for this.

Well done :tu:

I was expecting this thread to get jumped on by the "it's people like you that are killing the network" brigade, but so far you have been lucky :naughty:

Stagsman
05-04-2007, 12:57
I got my bill this morning and found that they had charged me 5 times for a payment handling charge, so VM got a call for that and also to moan about V+ not working since installation, i ended up with £20 of my bill and 3 months free landline calls, and something when they find out who messed up with my V+ information as they did not even have the box details on the system after having the box for 3 weeks.

:tu:

greenlantern64
05-04-2007, 13:58
hi my daughter works for VM ( was telewest) in customer care. They have been instructed from the weekend to be firm with upgrades etc and not offer any freebies etc. so be quick i would suggest

Druchii
05-04-2007, 15:04

Same deal here for £35.70 a month :) For as long as we keep the top Phone package.

daggman
05-04-2007, 15:16
hi

Have been in contact with them today to see about the best deal for me.

told them i wanted best including a v+ box.

TV XL (family)
Phone XL (free calls 24hr)
Broadband L (4 meg)
and a V+ box.

total 51.99 a month for life.